Ryanair reserved seats!!

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Ryanair reserved seats!!

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

Perfect for my 6ft 2 height. I can now get priority boarding and seats 1A and 1B on my BHX/AGP flights for just an extra €10. A bargain :wave: .

Well, it is if the system works. Er, does it? Or does it involve unseemly scuffles with those who don't know the new system.

Please don't turn into a Ryanair knocking thread. Use one of the others for that. I'm just looking for someone who's used the system on other routes, for example.

dawn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Ryanair reserved seats!!

Postby dawn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

We travelled Ryanair last week, and although we didnt reserve seats, the steward had put paper "Reserved" notices on seats that you could pay for, Id expect you would just join normal priority Q at airport...not surprisingly though, no one had prepaid for reservable seats so they remained empty throughout the flight!

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 pm

It works a treat! No scrum at all, and if you haven't paid for one of the extra legroom seats, even if you've got priority boarding, unless the plane is full, they won't let anyone else sit on them, so on the few times we've travelled since this came in, two of us have had the front row to ourselves. Absolutely worth the money. Not sure of the value of priority boarding now (on flights where you can book seats), since you can't get these seats even if they're not booked. A word of warning - my cousin who's even taller than ashtondav, had booked them, but when it came to online check in, they had disappeared. He had to ring the call centre, and although he had booked 1a, he had left it quite late to check in, and someone else had also booked it, so he ended up in the middle emergency row. We've had reserved seating 3 times now and not had a problem, so maybe this was just a hiccup.
AlisonB

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

That sounds great - I'd be mad not to, given that my knees are usually crippled by the s*d in front reclining his seat. Why do they still permit recliners on flights under 3 hours?

The only problem now is the departure time of Ryanair from BHX in winter: 06:50, which means a wake up call at home at about 04:00 :(

Lets get back to the summer schedule soon and a good old 17:30 flight :clap:

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I have never seen reclining seats on Ryanair!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Roz wrote:I have never seen reclining seats on Ryanair!
You're right. Ryanairs seats don't recline. No point on a three hour flight. Makes the seats cheaper for them to buy and keep their prices down.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Campo Steve wrote:
Roz wrote:I have never seen reclining seats on Ryanair!
You're right. Ryanairs seats don't recline. No point on a three hour flight. Makes the seats cheaper for them to buy and keep their prices down.
Non reclining seats are also cheaper for the airline ongoing. They do not need to be serviced every year unlike reclining seats. The seat service (on the moving parts of the seat) costs around €100 per seat so do the math & the saving for Ryanair.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:57 pm

They are well worth the extra - particularlly when you've paid virtually nothing for your seat. I've never had any problems - even with priority boarding. It is ignorant 'scuffling' people who make issues with boarding - not Ryanair.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.