Accommodation 'en route'

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Footprint
Resident

Accommodation 'en route'

Postby Footprint » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi

I will be setting off on my journey to Andalucia very soon and as I am bringing the dogs with me I shall be driving over. I have booked Eurotunnel (I just don't do boats!) for just before 7am and want to drive through France as far as is safely possible. Looking at timings with plenty of stops I am hoping to get at least as far as the Spanish border.

I am sure lots of you have done this trip before - am I about right? Does anyone know of any accommodation 'en route' that I can stay at overnight? Has to be dog friendly - I won't leave them in the car. Also - is it possible I can do the remainder of the journey to Alora the following day?

In case you are wondering - I've booked into a Travelodge near the terminal UK side the night before so will be fresh when I start out. I also intend using motorways virtually all the way - b*gger the expense!

Your experiences would be most welcome.

Many thanks :)
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Accommodation 'en route'

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Footprint,
All my Dog friendly stops are in Spain, and geared for the Santander Ferry.

If you search the site............." France hotels" you will get some info like.........

http://tinyurl.com/7xvyua5

If you can drive through France in a day then you will do Spain also in a day.
I normally take two days to get from Santander to Alcalà with dogs.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I think most of the road side motels take dogs, we were never refused our 2 dogs and 2 parrots entry and we never stayed in the same place twice, now we go via Santander ferry,so need to stop over at all :) the route via the tolls I never found any quicker,using both was better, the motorways are really boring hour after hour, especially if the weather is bad, have a good trip.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 am

Have a look at the Ibis chain of hotels, they are dog friendly. We use one just over the border in Irun on a regular basis. Irun to Alora can be done in around 12-13 hrs with a few short breaks.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Thank you all for your very welcome responses. Having reappraised the route I'd be daft to attempt it with just one overnight stop. The Ibis hotels look useful being dog friendly and quite close to the route.

Thanks again.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mydogdylan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 pm

We've done the journey 10 times in the past and we always stopped off in Tours at a local travel inn just off the motorway and drove into the centre of Tours for the evening meal at a Mexican restaurant(never had a bad meal yet) and then stayed overnight at a hostel on the outskirts of Burgos and walked to one of the best Chinese restaurants ever.
Both accomodations were cheap and cheerful and the breakfast was ok too.