Through Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
MarkF
Resident

Through Spain

Postby MarkF » Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 am

This is the route I'll be cycling, with my cousin, next month. It's planned, mainly,to avoid the worst of the hills. :thumbup: Feel free to advise on anything worth stopping and viewing, for instance I want to see Trujillo and cycle through Montefrague national park, however, I also want to see Caceres but that'll mean a detour directly West and another day, is it worth the effort and time?

The original plan was to cycle to Malaga, coast to coast being the aim, I might have bitten off more than I can chew and now I'm thinking of Seville as the target. The hills and heat of Andalucia are putting me off the last stretch, we'll see how it goes.

Advice/information on the train from Seville to Malaga WITH cycles would be much appreciated. :D

Bilbao coast to Santander area.
Torrelavega to Barcena de Pie de Concha on to
Alar del Rey
Herrera de Pisuerga
Villarrmariel
Medina de Rio Seco
Toro
Salamanca
Bejar
Plascencia
Trujillo
Merida (Pick up Ruta del Plata)
Merida
Zafra
Seville

WomBatt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Through Spain

Postby WomBatt » Tue May 01, 2012 7:58 pm

'Advice/information on the train from Seville to Malaga WITH cycles would be much appreciated. '

Here - http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/mediad ... letas.html which is five of the ten journeys available to you each day. And if not six buses - www.alsa.es

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Thu May 03, 2012 8:45 am

WomBatt wrote: Here - http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/mediad ... letas.html which is five of the ten journeys available to you each day. And if not six buses - www.alsa.es
Thanks Wombatt, that's one less thing to worry about now.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am

Hi MarkF,
I trust you have your comms sorted so you'll be able to post your progress and stories daily.
"Like what macasas" did a few years back when he sort of walked the route you're taking.

Enjoy your trip................
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.