Property Letting Company - is it a scam?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Property Letting Company - is it a scam?

Postby probe » Thu May 17, 2012 4:57 pm

When we are not at our place we occasionally let it out through Owners Direct. I was searching for our place on Google and was astonished to find it come up on another website other than Owners Direct. On this website it had all of our photos and information from the OD website including costings etc. There were also a few added comments and a brief description for the headline. I have contacted OD and it is not one of their affiliated sites.

So, I'm not sure what this is about. I wondered whether it might be a start up website who might need to appear to have more clients but I can't understand what their model might be as advertising your property on the site is free and there is no other obvious advertising to generate revenue. I've completed an enquiry form for our property but had no feedback. I will contact them when I have a bit more info on what this might be about.

I'd be interested in anyone else's experience or views on what this is about and whether your property appears on it. I've not given the link to it as I'm not sure how this would fit in with A.com rules and so will leave out unless one of the Guru's/Mods such as Cid can clarify. Happy to pm the link.

Cheers

Probe

marios
Resident

Re: Property Letting Company - is it a scam?

Postby marios » Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm

would you PM me please and I will take a look.

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Our property is on Owners Direct, if you pm the other site I will check if we have been listed.

probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby probe » Mon May 21, 2012 11:44 am

Update - the website has now been taken down. I'll keep an eye out and see what happens.