Brittany Ferries Latest Update

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Brittany Ferries Latest Update

Postby Enrique » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

Hi,
Although this was mentioned in another Thread, I think it best to have "Latest Update" as some members of A.com are Travelling in October and the Cancellations are now running into October with no agreement being reached.

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/route ... ng-updates

:(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Footprint
Resident

Re: Brittany Ferries Latest Update

Postby Footprint » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Enrique

Thanks for that - getting rather close for comfort and they are not giving much notice. My timings are critical - I am already putting plan b into place just in case.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

conceptqueen
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby conceptqueen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Enrique,
Thank's for posting the update. :thumbup:
We had planned to travel Santander to Portsmouth next month, but have now put it 'on hold'.

I do think that Brittany Ferries are doing the 'right thing' ,by refusing to reinstate crossings, until they have a concrete agreement with the crew.
Hopefully they won't go out of business, which would encourage other ferry companies to increase prices and possibly lose the Spanish Ports. :thumbdown:

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Hello all

I am booked on the Bilbao - Portsmouth ferry on 9th Oct and it isn't looking good at the moment. I have turned my attention to a contingency plan ie travelling up through Spain and on through France to Calais. I have never done this journey and I would plan to make three stops en route. Could anyone help my out with suggestions and recommendations along this route either in terms of hotels or tips to avoid tolls/congestion etc. I would be very grateful.

Regards

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Where are you starting out from? Looks like I will be doing the very same thing the following day. Have done the journey quite a few times now but need to know your starting point.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:42 am

Sorry, we will be starting from near Velez Malaga.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:56 am

Hi teralin,
Some info.................also loads if you Search A.com

Bergos (near) might be a good first stopover ...................have used this on loads of times, also dog friendly.

http://www.hotelalisa.com/ingles.html

Route around Madrid............pick up R4 (Toll but modest amount) south of Madrid and then use M50 round.

Latest news not good.......................

http://www.euronews.com/2012/09/29/brit ... al-signed/

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks Enrique

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 am

Good News.............we have lift off..........industrial action over............

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/route ... ng-updates

:D

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Not such good news if you stuck in the UK! We were due to sail back yesterday but they can't offer us any sailing to Spain before next Sunday. As much as we have enjoyed the last month in the UK it's time to leave and we have had to accept a crossing Portsmouth - Caen tomorrow evening. That still leaves a long drive South which are going to do over 3 days. They have refunded difference in fares but, as yet, no offer towards at least fuel costs for the car journey!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

For all Friends of Brittany Ferries................... :D

Dear Member

Brittany Ferries Resumes Services

I am pleased to announce the end of the industrial dispute that may have recently disrupted your travel plans. Sailings will resume from Tuesday afternoon.

Brittany Ferries has worked hard to negotiate an agreement which achieves the efficiencies and productivity improvements needed. This is an important part of a broader plan to ensure Brittany Ferries will emerge as an even stronger company. This January is our 40th anniversary and we have every intention of operating successfully for at least the next 40 years.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disruption you will have experienced if you travelled, or planned to travel, in the past fortnight. I am also sorry for any concern or uncertainty you may have been caused before this dispute was settled.

Thank you for your support, patience and understanding during this testing period.

We look forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Bevens
Group Commercial Director