Dog friendly hotels

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Suefeliz
Tourist

Dog friendly hotels

Postby Suefeliz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 pm

We are travelling from Estepona to Bilbao in July and would be interested if anyone has any info on good value dog friendly accommodation. We plan to make two stops on the way and one overnight (Ibis looks good) as ferry is early in the morning.

We travelled down from Santander with only one stop in Salamanca but it was pushing it a bit for us and the dog, a very energetic 2 yr old german shepherd!. (Hotel Castellon 111 very good in Salamanca by the way)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dog friendly hotels

Postby Enrique » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Suefeliz,
Two I use on my regular trips .................
The first is circa 32km south of Burgos on A-1

http://www.hotelalisa.com/ingles.html

The other at 112km south of Madrid on A-4..............

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... ancha.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

poppylou
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppylou » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Depending on your route, the Hotel Alisa in Lerma (km 203 north of Madrid on main route) is dog friendly, and makes no additional charge for them. There is also a good menu del dia for 12 euros - always far too much for us to eat, plus good dog walking across the road by the river. You mentioned Ibis - most of the Accor hotels accept dogs, but charges vary from 5 - 12 euros per dog per night.

I know Irun is off your route, but if anyone else is looking for a dog friendly hotel in that area, avoid Hotel Urdanibia Park (formerly Tryp) unless you are happy to pay 15 euros per dog per night.

I would suggest checking the dog charges for any hotel you do find, as it seems most keep the room rate to a minimum to attract business, and try to get it back with the extras.

Have a good trip

Poppylou

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi,
Was in the Alisa the other day......think the evening Menu del Dia is now 16.50€, I opted for the La morcilla de Burgo as its a local dish.

The town of Lerma has very expensive Restaurants so the above Menu will seem good value .

Hotel Santa Ana has a web site............. www.hotel-santaana.com
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wellington
Tourist

Postby Wellington » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:29 pm

If I need a dog freindly hotel I always use booking.com.
Just back form 5 days on the coast at a lovely apartment I found on booking.com !!! :thumbup:

GaryP
Tourist

Postby GaryP » Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 am

Hi!

We use Novotel quite a lot when travelling with our dog (black Lab), maybe not the cheapest but a good balance.
For an overnighter half way in Spain we have used Novotel Madrid Sanchinarro. A little tricky to find off the ring road but modern with a nice restaurant and cheaper than city centre hotels.

Regards