Hotel recommendation

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Jon Burns
Tourist

Hotel recommendation

Postby Jon Burns » Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a hotel somewhere along the A-4 between Madrid and Granada with secure parking. If anyone can recommend one I'd be grateful.

Jon

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Hotel recommendation

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:30 pm

It depends what you are looking for! Is it a holiday, or an overnight stop on a journey?

I have used Hotel Triunfo Jaen for an overnight stop. Part of a chain. I found it cheap and clean. As for secure parking, it has plenty of parking. I don't know if it is secure or not other than my car was still there in the morning!

It is right beside junction 36 which is on the north side of Jaen.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Jon Burns,
Santa Ana on A-4 at 112km has secure parking and is dog friendly......

http://www.hotel-santaana.com

:!: ADDED:: There is a height restriction to underground garage......around 2mtr :oops: , ok for Kangoo (1.84mtr) type of MPV. :!:

Another addition:: Hotel El Cruce km 172 has secure compound at the rear without height restrictions.
The junction has recently been changed from km 173.......

http://www.hotelelcruce.com/index.htm
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Jon Burns
Tourist

Postby Jon Burns » Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks Both,

It's just for an overnight stop on the way to Lanjaron but as my car will be full of luggage I don't want to run the risk of it not being still there and intact in the morning and neither do I want to have to unload it and trek with all our gear through a hotel lobby up to our room (which, of course, is the safest option).
I'll check out the Hotel Triunfo Jaen and see what they say about secure parking. Thank you.

I had already looked at the Santa Ana online but couldn't establish if it has a secure parking garage. So thanks for clearing that up. I think my truck is around 1.86 high so it should fit OK but I'll be measuring that to be doubly sure. Thanks.

I'll also be taking a look at the Hotel El Cruce. Thank you

It's always good to have alternatives when planning a long journey so thanks to you both for the suggestions.

Jon

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi Jon,
If you decide on Santa Ana I would ring and check height for sure......... :idea:

Working on my times from Santander and driving circa 110kph, with short stops every two hours, Santa Ana fits in nicely.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue May 14, 2013 11:40 pm

We will be staying here tomorrow on our trip back. It looks ok and has some good reviews.
A4 Km.194 secure parking right next to room. Dogs stay for free :thumbup:

Code: Select all

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/el-hidalgo.en-gb.html?aid=356983;label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-brand-es-com;sid=b0a272465995b24093ffa4d86f810025;dcid=1

poppylou
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppylou » Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm

NH La Perdiz hotel at La Carolina, just south of Despenaperros gorge, has rooms with private garages. We have never been charged extra for this, just requested it on our web booking.
Dogs stay free, too. Our 1.97m high van fits in fine.

In April on a weeknight, the room was only about 40 euros.

Jon Burns
Tourist

Postby Jon Burns » Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Many thanks to everyone for responding to this. If my trip is half as succesful it will be great.
Again thank you all.

Jon