Train from Granada to Madrid Barajas T1

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pondy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Train from Granada to Madrid Barajas T1

Postby Pondy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 pm

We intend to take the train from Granada with our destination Madrid Barajas T1. Does anybody know if the train terminates at the airport or at Madrid City? If the train terminates in the City how far is it to Barajas T1 and any idea of the cost of a taxi?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Train from Granada to Madrid Barajas T1

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Pondy,
Your train ticket will say what station you go to in Madrid, then get the Metro out to Airport.
My daughter has done the trip loads of times and says it easy........... :D

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Sat ... sport.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Pondy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pondy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks Enrique

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Train ticket includes a free ride on the Cerrcanias local train line in Madrid. So the way I do it is arrive at Atocha station on the Granada train then walk over to follow signs for Cercanias and find a ticket machine at this area before you go down to the platforms on the escalator. You enter the code given on your ticket and out pops a ticket for the Cercanias. Then you need the platform for Barajas Aeropuerto which is normally on the left side but check the board. The Carcanias runs every 30 minutes so may be a wait and the line number is C-1. It leaves Atocha at about 15 mins and 15 mins to the hour. but check on this web site for times:
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercan ... index.html
The journey time is 25 minutes.
However it arrives at Terminal 4 so you need to exit using the escalator to the ground floor doors and head for the right hand side where the Shuttle Bus is (clearly signed) and take this round to first stop Terminal 1. It doesn't take very long.
It does work and saves taxi fare or bus from Atocha which is another option. This costs €5 and it leaves from the main station concourse where the taxis are and you can't miss it - its yellow. http://www.emtmadrid.es/lineaaeropuerto/horarios.html

I think the Metro requires a change of trains and is not so convenient really.

Pondy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pondy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks all great info