3 ladies travelling first time

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
maggie23
Tourist

3 ladies travelling first time

Postby maggie23 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 pm

We have decided on Spain mid January. We are in our 60s and want a home base to see the south. It is Nerja or Fuengirola we like night life and sightseeing. Which one wold be better. I will carry on staying in Spain for the rest of the winter.

Thanks for your help.
Maggie

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: 3 ladies travelling first time

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:40 am

Both areas have plenty of everything. Fuengirola has more crime than Nerja so be aware. Saying that there is crime every ware. I would say a bit more going on in Fuengirola in the winter.

WomBatt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby WomBatt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 am

Without knowing what the three of you want to see in this huge area, whether 'home base' is intended to mean you will make day trips from this base and how you wish to travel to and from wherever, I could only say neither are conducive 'to see the south'.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 am

I agree with Wombatt. As a base to explore Southern Andalucía I would use Malaga city even if the exploration is quite local. I think the City is forgotten by many tourists which is a shame as it's a rather pleasant place to visit/stay.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Malaga city, absolutely great as a travel hub, but also a great place to spend time, do NOT miss a visit to El Pimpi !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Moderators, this is not an adertisement and I have no connection of any kind to El Pimpi, it's just a great place to spend an evening or several actually :clap:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Agree, every tourist should visit this place. Not cheap though, a bottle of plonk costs 14€. None of this cheap menu stuff people write about.

http://www.elpimpi.com/descargas/ElPimp ... no2013.pdf

maggie23
Tourist

Postby maggie23 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks for the help. I do not think we want to stay in Malaga city for 3 weeks. I myself will be living in Spain for 3 months so will have plenty of time to see Malaga. We may decide to stay in Nerja and visit Morocco/Gilbralter and short day trips. Thanks for your help. I have picked up Lonely Plant Andalucia and hopefully will get a better idea after reading more about places to see and excursions. :P
Maggie