La Palma

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Manchesteral
Resident

La Palma

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a ferry from Malaga to La Palma ? I've tried searching online without success, I know Fred Olsen are active in the Canaries but I've come up against a blank wall, the last time I went there from Manchéster I had to fly to Puerto de La Cruz then fly on from there !! :?

WomBatt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: La Palma

Postby WomBatt » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 am

Malaga to La Palma - there is no such ferry route.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:15 am

Alford, They are asking about ferries not flying.

The only ferries from Malaga are to Morocco. I think you can go from Algeciras port to the canaries but not malaga. 90 minutes drive down coast.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 am

Direct Ferries show ferries from Huelva or Cadiz but only to Tenerife I think. We did look so we could go for a longer period and take our own car but it is a long trip (2 days) and with a price around 1000 euros we now just go by air and rent a car.

Even flights to the Canaries are sometimes hard to get. We wanted to go to Fuerteventura in the winter but it's impossible directly from Malaga. We shall be going to Gran Canaria this winter as that's one of the few places you can get to cheaply and easily directly from Malaga.