House Rental

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

House Rental

Postby Campo Steve » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm

If Iwas to rent my house out to holiaymakers just two weeks at a time, apart from declaring the income on my annual taxreturn, do I have to register anywhere else?
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: House Rental

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Holiday rentals have to meet certain criteria and be registered.

More info here

http://www.theseasidegazette.com/2015/0 ... andalusia/

It is not clear from this article whether the Andalucia parliament have passed this law yet, but it will give you an idea of what you could face.

Sid

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: House Rental

Postby Mowser » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:59 pm

From the De Cotta law site 11 Feb 2015:-
We are pleased to report that we have held another consultation with the Junta de Andalucia, the regional government, and the information they have provided confirms our interpretation of the law. The Junta states:

“To have the classification of tourist apartments there must be 3 or more apartments (or properties) integrated in the one establishment. One or two apartments cannot be marketed or promoted for tourists using the term tourist property.

With regard to the rental of properties that are not classified as tourist apartments or tourist property the law of urban rentals will apply. This law sets out the rules on rental of private property which is for non-residential or short term use. In this case the property can be rented out always provided the term “tourist” apartment or property is not used and the rental contract complies with the Law on Urban rentals.

You can therefore rent out your property if it comprises one or two apartments or properties provided you do not use the phrase tourist property or anything similar to this to advertise, market or promote your property. You can rent on a short term or weekly basis and in every case you have a fiscal obligation to pay tax on the rental in Spain.
The previous article from January this year is at:-
http://decottalaw.com/holiday-rentals-update/

Well I'm confused.
Dave