Buses from Faro to Huelva

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
morien66
Tourist

Buses from Faro to Huelva

Postby morien66 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum and I hope I'm doing correctly. I have read the House Rules and they seem clear and understandable, but please excuse me if I make some mistakes for the first few posts.

I intend to travel to Huelva from Manchester, UK, in early November to visit the grave of my grandfather who was buried in the cemetary in Huelva in 1943. I will go on Remembrance Sunday, November 08 2015, to pay respects and lay flowers on my grandfather's grave. I have not been able to visit it before

I am booked on a flight to FARO on November 06 2015 but the flight doesn't arrive until 17:35 Portugal time, and I need to find transport advice to get from FARO to HUELVA as I cannot find confirmation details of the the daily buses which may well have finished before then.

I also need to find accomodation in Huelva but all hotels I have found online have wifi and I am electrosensitive to Radio Frequencies (RF). I wear hearing aids and they interact with wifi and other radiating devices causing severe tinnitus which affects my balance.

If anyone can advise me about the bus times and suggest accomodation for electrosensitive people I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Buses from Faro to Huelva

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Wow,
For hotels without wifi, if you don't find information anywhere else, it might be an idea to call or email
the Spanish tourist office in London. They keep lists of these things.

020 7317 2011

http://srv.tourspain.es/FormulariosAlta ... NO%20UNIDO

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Here are two Bus Websites for you. Hope it helps.

https://www.busbud.com/en/bus-schedules ... ount_code=

http://www.algarvebus.info/001.htm

Good Luck

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Many thanks Mark Wilding for the Spanish Embassy number. I will call them once I manage to book a bus/coach from Faro airport or Faro town Bus Station to Huelva. The link you posted came up with Error 404, but I fiddled with the URL and got onto the site but haven't found what I need yet.

Many thanks also to pensure1988 for the bus links. I found the algarvebus.info site last week and it shows there are two buses daily with ALSA. The problem there is two-fold.

My flight arrives in Faro airport 17:35 Portuguese time and the bus leaves at 17:30 from Faro Bus Station. The next bus after that is at 01:45 Portuguese time and arrives at Huelva Bus Station 04:00. The problem with ALSA is that you cannot buy a ticket on board, they are available from bus stations but only during office hours on weekdays, and ALSA will only process Spanish credit cards online.

The EVA buses run twice daily only from Faro Bus Station. In winter - from 7th September 2015 to 26th June 2016 - at 08:20 or at 15:35. The latter is too late for me on November 6th leaving the 08:20 the following day as the only option I've found so far from the info on the algarvebus.info site. I can't find any info regarding what time the bus station ticket office opens yet or what credit cards they accept.

I found another site https://www.movelia.es/en/buscar_compra ... acionales/ which did not have too much info to negotiate but they only show the ALSA buses at the same times as above. Again the problem is with ALSA only accepting Spanish credit cards.

I was meant originally to travel with a friend who speaks both Portuguese and Spanish, and he had planned to hire a car in Faro for a week as I don't drive myself due to a spinal condition. I can walk OK but carrying too much luggage is not really an option for me, and we are both in our mid-60s anyway.

Sadly, he was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer after my flight was booked. The operation was successful thankfully, but he will not be able to fly or drive for the foreseeable future while he hopefully recovers. Hence my dilemma trying to get from Faro to Huelva on public taransport.

Someone suggested I hitch-hike from Faro airport to Huelva - just make a sign to hold up saying Huelva and stick my thumb out. I don't know what the Portuguese law is regarding that, and it would only be one-way to Huelva as I'll be able to book a ticket back easily only there.

Many thanks again to you both for the links. If anyone can enlighten me on the hitch-hiking suggestion I'll be most grateful.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:45 pm

I think you may only realistically have one option - to get a hotel for the remainder of the night and then get the bus the next day !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

WomBatt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby WomBatt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:50 pm

'ALSA will only process Spanish credit cards online'.
Have you tried? I had no problem with my British Nationwide VISA card, or perhaps it was Amex, the last time used in April. Additionally there is PayPal.

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:16 pm

I just spent over an hour in increasing spinal pain replying to these posts only to lose it all when I pressed the preview button. I can't be bothered to do it all again.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi morlen66,
Sorry to hear you lost your Post.........unfortunately The Forum has a Time out for typing Posts, so if you're writing loads best to Copy and Past your Post in to something like Notepad Before you Submit.
So you can quickly Post contents again if the Time out hits .

I've had it happen to me when called away halfway through a Post and find it has Time out by the time I get back.

Maybe the Mods can tell us the Time out when Typing a Post.............. :?: see below

It looks like its to do with the Session Time out ..ie you're Logged off after so many minutes............ :?:

OK the Default looks to be 1 hour..........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:19 pm

You could try https://www.blablacar.es/ Its like a car share website. My daughter and her friends often use this.

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Many thanks for that info Enrique - very useful. I have to get up and walk away from the computer whenever spinal pains begin so they don't get any worse. The Time Out makes sense as to why I lost the post, and the suggestion of how to get around that is basic common sense. Sadly the painkillers I have to take for the spinal problems mitigate against common sense prevailing.

The frustration after spending many hours last week trying to get accurate information on opening times of Bus Stations, let alone accurate times of buses, that are replicated in more than one site, led me to give up altogether.

Many of the search results show companies that have paid Google to put their sites up top of the list, and using many of these sites means negotiating a veritable minefield of mouse-over pop-ups for third parties that those companies are affiliated with and earn referral fees from.

In frustration and pain, last Saturday I decided to go to Manchester airport and ask the people on the Monarch airlines desk for help. I had tried without success online to change my outward flight from November 6th to the previous day. Had I done it online it would have cost me £137 more PLUS a £35 fee for changing the flight. I needed to do this so as I had another weekday when the Bus Station booking office would definitely have been open to buy a ticket in Faro.

The Monarch staff were brilliant. The woman at the desk told me there are three prices - one for booking and/or changing flights online; another for using their Customer Services phone line; and another for going to the airport in person and booking or changing a flight in a face-to-face encounter.

She changed my flight within 5 minutes for £26.01p (this is GBP). My long post was to advise other users of the forum that this system apparently applies to most airlines – or so I was told.

Also, regarding the ALSA site problems of not accepting anything other than Spanish Credit Cards. This information was posted on the algarvebus.info site. WomBatt posted that he had no problem using one of his cards. However when I tried that last week before registering for the forum to seek help my anti-virus package, Kaspersky, had strongly advised against proceeding so I deferred to that advice. They are the best anti-virus package I've ever used in 20 years using the web.

Thank you also pilgrim2 for that link to blablacar. I will check it out later after a rest from the computer. It sounds ideal. Hopefully it will work for me, but now I travel on Thursday instead of Friday I should be able to get a ticket with no problems anyway.

It is nice to have it all sorted out before you leave home, but it seems that doing it online can cost you a lot more than doing it in person. It was nice day out in Manchester as well.

The internet is touted as being more convenient for everything. My saving of over £150 by doing it the old way suggests differently. I hope this is useful for other people.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm

With all your complications and illnesses perhaps you would be better staying at home. I am a bit confused how you manage To get online if you are allergic to wifi :?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi katy.
Connect directly to your non-WiFi Router/modem...........

The only problem being close to neighbours Wifi Routers that can have a significant range these days.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Thank you Enrique. Yes Katy I use cables to connect my computer to the modem which is not wi-fi enabled.

As regards staying at home, I wish to go to Huelva to pay respects and lay flowers on my grandfather's grave on Remembrance Sunday. I will have to tolerate airport radar which has been known to be carcinogenic ever since it was first invented.

I will also have to tolerate the rest of the passengers playing with the tech devices they seem to be addicted to for the 3-hour flight.

At home I have no wi-fi or cordless DECT phones and I don't have a mobile cell phone, but as Enrique says, I have no control over neighbours' wireless tech devices irradiating everyone within the radius of their assorted base stations.

On January 29th 2015 France passed a bill banning wi-fi in nursery schools and day-care centres, and restricting primary schools in their usage. They would like to take wi-fi out of all schools, but will likely end up just restricting usage in secondary schools also.

They did this because of the mounting evidence that Radio Frequency EMF (electromagnetic fields) are carcinogenic (cancer-causing). Many scientists studying the adverse health effects of exposure to RF EMF believe that the proliferation of wireless devices over the past 25 years has caused a dangerous level of electromagnetic pollution – now referred to as “Electrosmog”.

Medical scientists are seeing a rapid increase in electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) generally, and specific cancers related to Electrosmog. They are Gliomas, Meningiomas, Acoustic Neuromas (tumours of the auditory nerve), and tumours on the Parotid Glands (salivary glands) ALL on the sides of the head that people place their mobile phones and cordless DECT phones.

The Swiss Environment Agency coined the word “Electrosmog” to describe the total levels of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from all sources, both power frequencies and radio frequencies. You can get a booklet entitled “Electrosmog in the Environment” from them at:

http://www.bafu.admin.ch/elektrosmog/index.html?lang=en

The Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly Resolution 1815 (2011) warned all EU member states to significantly reduce the exposure of the citizens to Electrosmog in Resolution 1815 (2011)
You can access it here:

http://assembly.coe.int/nw/xml/XRef/Xre ... 94&lang=en

In 2001 the International Agency for Research into Cancer (IARC), part of the World Health Organisation (WHO), and the body responsible for assessing carcinogenic substances and phenomena, gave power frequencies that we all use in our homes a designation of Class 2B “possible carcinogen”. This was following many replicable studies showing adverse effects on animals and plants, and after assessing laboratory studies on human cell cultures.

In 2011 it also classified RF EMF from mobile phones, cordless DECT phones and their base stations, wi-fi, wi-max, wireless baby monitors and many other devices in Class 2B.

These phenomena are known as non-ionizing radiation, and many scientists working in this area of study launched an appeal earlier this year to the heads of the UN, WHO and UN Member sates to reduce their citizens exposure to Electrosmog from non-ionizing radiation.

I won't list the many other health conditions that these scientists and medical researchers are now linking to the drastically heightened Electrosmog exposure over the past 25 years or so. Their site is at:

https://emfscientist.org/

Finding accommodation which does not have wi-fi in every room is very difficult for sufferers. In Sweden and Switzerland they have been building special accommodation for their citizens who are electro-sensitive and/or hyper-sensitive. Many other countries are following suit. The UK govt. seems more concerned with the large revenues it gets from the telecoms industry and the power-generating and distribution industries, and UK electrosmog “official safety limits” are the highest in Europe and most other countries.

My sensitivity was caused by a cordless DECT phone, and my hyper-sensitivity was cause by several MRI scans on my spine. Many other sufferers have similar tales to tell. Most doctors don't even know about this problem so are unable to diagnose and treat it. Treatment is simply to avoid those EM fields, but this is increasingly impossible in this wireless age.

One organisation helping to educate everyone ans support sufferers is ES-UK Another is powerwatch.org

Their page about Childhood leukaemia and EMFs is scary. If anyone on this forum, or anyone they know, use wireless baby monitors then PLEASE read this info and advise them to do it also.

A little time spent on these sites will usually send visitors in one of two directions. Either they will go into total denial (because they love their tech so much and are addicted to updating their Farcebook status many times daily, or follow many Twitter feeds), or else they begin to asses their own exposure at home, at work and in their communities and try to reduce their exposures.

Children are being given iPads at school and are exposed to wi-fi there and at home are causing much concern to doctors and scientists who do know the consequences. I have been looking at these problems for many years (I started in 1978 - yes 1978 that's not a typo) when it emerged that the Soviets had been irradiating the US and other western embassies in Moscow with microwaves. NATO countries followed suit with urgent studies under Project Pandora. I can't find the link at present but suggest you search for it.

All countries now have microwave weapons, and this month there is a microwave warfare training exercise going on somewhere in the US by the US Navy. Look for Peninsula Daily News for more info on that.

The recent parade through Moscow's Red Square showed off their “latest” microwave weaponry. In order to keep development of these weapons secret ALL countries have denied they exists or pose any threats to human health. They are aided and abetted in this by the radiation industry, particularly the multi-trillion dollar mobile phone industry – typically.

This should really be in a new dedicated thread but I put it in here as some forum members seem perplexed at my electro-hypersensitivity and my search for wi-fi free accommodation in Spain and Portugal.

I hope the above is understandable to everyone and those interested will follow the links. It has taken me well over an hour to dig this info out of the extensive archive of material I've gathered on the health effects of electrosmog over many years of study. I've done it as I'm concerned for everyone who is exposed to this most dangerous of environmental pollutions.

Many thanks again to forum members who have offered links and suggestions to help me in my quest to simply get to Huelva from Faro and find suitable accommodation so I can put flowers on my grandfather's grave in November.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:54 pm

You will have to spend a couple of hours in airport too with wifi everywhere. I don't believe all that stuff, mostly in the mind. You can find anything if you suffer from Googlitus :wink:

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Yes you are right Katy, I will have to endure wi-fi in airports, and eveyone's radiating tech toys. The radiation industries, especially ISPs and the mobile phone industry are at present desperately trying to convince people it's "all in the mind". They can't fault the science so try to discredit the scientists and journalists trying to inform the public, as did the tobacco, asbestos, lead in petrol and many other industries whose tactics they are copying.

But I don't suffer from googleitis Katy. I'm an investigative journalist who's been gathering accurate data on the bioeffects of exposure to EMF for many years. Best place to look if you must use google is via google scholar. I tend to use pubmed and similar academic listing sites for relevant papers published in peer-reveiwed medical journals for my info. I like to be as accurate as possible.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:54 am

This tells me all I need to know.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... s/ems.html

Perhaps it is time to get back on topic, finding a hotel room :think:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:41 pm

C'mon Katy, be fair!
The OP came on here to find a hotel with no WiFi giving his reasons. It's not for us to question them and give him a hard time.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:09 pm

I did say get back on topic but after the lengthy rigmarole I feel I owe it to readers to point out other scientific evidence. Bet you wouldn't be backwards at coming forwards if I came on with several links to jigger pokery.

morien66
Tourist

Postby morien66 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Thank you for the QuackWatch link Katy. I have passed it on to others who don't have the same spinal problems that preclude me spending much time on computers, and who will check out the references to see if any of the studies referenced were industry-funded.

The profits to be made from these radiating devices are so vast the industries response is to fund “spoiler” info to delay regulation about EM emissions to maximise those profits.

One “quack” who is well-respected is Dr Andrew Tresidder, a GP in Chard, Somerset, England. In January 2012 he wrote an “Open Letter to GP and other Medical Colleagues”. The intention was for patients to show it to their doctors, and for those doctors to contact him for further information if they felt the need. He is now a GP Assessor.

I quote a relevant part from that letter:

“A number of my patients have symptoms and illnesses which have been caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields, and which have been relieved by avoidance of the same fields.

Examples are a 22 year old whose headaches and tiredness were abolished and sleep pattern improved after moving her mobile phone on charge away from the bed, removing the mobile from her body space by day, and switching off other electrics; a 78 year old whose headaches so concerned me that blood tests, an MRI and neurology opinion were sought (both normal) – his symptoms disappeared after switching off his home wifi hub router and cordless phone; a 64 year old very fit man who had noticed 4 months of decreased vitality and increased irritability – both reversed after changing the wireless router to a wired one; a 40 year old and a 60 year old whose headaches disappeared (one) and migraines substantially reduced (the other) after removing cordless phones from the bedroom.

Another adult has had tingling of face and muzzle area, and loss of ability to speak and think fluently when near a wifi router, whilst a child had a prolonged feverish illness for several weeks after a viral illness, which coincidentally completely resolved when transmitting wifi, baby alarm and cordless phones were removed from the house (ie failure to recover normally and rapidly from a viral illness). Diagnosis in all of these cases is mainly on history, supported in some by the use of an Electrosmog Detector.

Other symptoms that more sensitized people can develop include headaches, fatigue, poor sleep patterns, altered sensation and tingling, irritation and rashes, earaches and unsteadiness, confusion and difficulty in memory, aches and numbness, mood swings, faintness, tremors and restless legs, and other sensitivities.

I have observed all the above in patients that I have seen, and suspect that the problem is far more widespread than is recognized. Please note, the above are all short term effects – the jury will be out for some time on long term effects, though we already know the correlation between EM fields and childhood leukaemia, whilst there is increasing evidence linking dementia with EM Fields.”

The various parts of what is termed the “Radiation Industry” do not like this simple information from a well-respected doctor, and have funded research which collectively show no health effects from exposure to EM fields – Hmmm!!!

I chose to travel with Monarch because a man who lives in my house and works at Manchester airport tells me they have no wi-fi on their planes, and request all passengers switch their mobile phones and similar devices either off or on “airplane mode” during the flight.

That is all I have to say on this topic. Anyone wishing to get further information should look at the links I posted earlier and compare the info on those sites with the QuackWatch info.