P3 Parking Malaga

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Hirsty
Andalucia.com Amigo

P3 Parking Malaga

Postby Hirsty » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am

I am booked into the P3 parking at Malaga for a trip back to UK. I know you pay on return but is the pay machine where the cars are parked...Or in the airport?
If I knew where I was going I'd be lost.......

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: P3 Parking Malaga

Postby country boy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:40 am

You take a ticket at the barrier on the way in and present it at the office where you get the shuttle bus. They give you another ticket which you re-present at the office when you return, they then give you a receipted version which you put in the machine at the exit barrier to leave.

Hirsty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Hirsty » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks for that. A family emergency means I may have to stay longer in UK ,if so Ill need to get someone to collect my car from the airport. So I will put the ticket from the office in the car before I get on the bus.. complicated! .

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17 pm

How much a day is P3 for say three week stay.?

Is it any cheaper than the private airport parking companies? They are about 55 euros for three weeks from memory open air but they wash the vehicle or 75 covered parking.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 pm

4 euros a day I pay for 10- 16 days away. No probs if you are delayed , they just charge extra by the day. Parking is under a toldo but they do collect dust!

Hirsty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Hirsty » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:50 pm

I was leaving it at P3 for two weeks €42 you can leave it there for 20 days,I think the max is €62 .But may have to stay more than 20 days....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi,
Don't panic when you arrive at the P3 Parking area and a notice on the Gate says aparcamiento completa , if you have a booking you will be directed to the over flow area that's through the Staff car park and you come back almost to the office but on the other side of a fence, there is a walk way through to the office.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm

My experience is that on arrival atP3 you justtake a ticket from the machine at the barrier. The npr should recognise you have a reservation. Park your car thentake your ticket and confirmation of booking to thr office where they take some details ang give you ino on how to get back to the car park on your return. On your return go to the office with your ticket and pay there. Your ticket will beprogrammed so as to allow exit. Sometimes on arrival at the car park the barrier doesn't go up. You"ll need to press the green buton on the ticket dispensing machine, sometimes covered with a notice telling you to do this, and speak to the office who can override it.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!