Brexit/ Visa

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Brexit/ Visa

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Will Brits need a visa to visit Spain if and when we leave the EU? I guess if we leave we will all be classed as non EU citizens.
How will it effect people with UK registered cars travelling over. Insurance may be a problem.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Brexit/ Visa

Postby katy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:04 pm

It is Spain not North Korea! Surely you are aware that UK cars have been travelling through Europe since cars were invented.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Have they Katy? I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out you clever git.

For everyone else I was wondering about insurance being more expensive like it is if you drive on the African continent for example.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:48 pm

insurance being more expensive like it is if you drive on the African continent for example.
Well, I wonder why that is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nil illegitimum carborundum

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Don't know whether or not a visa will be needed for UK citizens visiting Spain but when I still lived in the UK we went on holiday to Cyprus, Malta, Croatia and none of those were in the EU then. Didn't need a visa.
Yes I know I quoted an example of going from a EU country to a non EU country but wouldn't it be the same the other way around for most countries within Europe?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:21 pm

In an other thread you were adamant the UK wouldn't leave! Had a change of mind then?

Insurance isn't tied to membership of EU. For example, there are Countries covered by the Green Card arrangements that are not in the EU.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:19 pm

When I cast my mind back to holidays in Spain with my old black United Kingdom passport, I didn't need a visa. I did get my passport stamped, which in some ways is an advantage.
They were very happy to welcome me as a tourist to spend the pesetas I had bought from my bank in England. They also happily cashed my £ Eurocheques, now a thing of the past.

Vehicle insurance will not be a problem at all. Insurers are capable of cross border agreements, whether or not the EU remains in one piece. The OP seems a little mischievous to me!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Masterrob, I haven’t had a change of mind. I actually think we will vote to stay in but I was just asking for advice in case it goes the wrong way.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Of course you were!