Car rental at Gatwick

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Car rental at Gatwick

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Any frequent travellers to Gatwick advise me?
I have a family wedding coming up in Kent, nearest airport Gatwick, with the incoming flight at 23.20, if on time (from Murcia so could well be) so there needs to be out-of-hours pickup service. Additionally I am 71 and with no UK address so do not want to be ruled out or surcharged. I only need a Fiesta or similar, for 4/5 days - any personal recommendations?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Car rental at Gatwick

Postby ashtondav » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Last time I used green motion. There's an out of hours phone number and the office is a 10 minute drive from the terminal bus stops where they pick you up. All the uk hires I have had in the last year ask for your national insurance number so they can search for penalties on your uk licence. If you're a Spanish resident I guess you're Spanish licence is enough, but if using a uk licence you will need your NI number.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:23 pm

We have rejigged the flights so we should be within hours. I will look at green motion (even though it sounds like a sample you should take to the doctor) and check them all for age restrictions...I do of course have a Spanish licence as a resident, and some seem to ask for a recent utility bill to prove address as the Spanish licence does not have one.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:06 pm

I always use Budget. They only ever ask for driving licence (mines Spanish) and passport.