PICKING UP PEOPLE AT MALAGA AIRPORT

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: PICKING UP PEOPLE AT MALAGA AIRPORT

Postby olive » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Poorly designed airportparticulary after the expansion.

Uk airports are no better with outrageous parkng charges and fees of £2 to drop offorcollect by taxi.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:34 am

Before you moan about Malaga look at the prices in the UK
Charges.JPG

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Free at Gatwick and Heathrow, right outside the entry door.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:22 pm

elusive wrote:Been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Upto the third floor both times. Sick of all the tight ass bar stewards who are parking on the approach road because they wont pay a couple of euros to go in the carpark. i could make a fortune with a wheel clamp!! The walk seems to take forever even with the walkways working
Seems the third floor is the place to go! I also noticed those cars parked all over the place blocking the road. As someone else said, all new expensive 4x4s (I have a 4x4 through necessity, but it is old, and even I can splash out on a couple of euros for the carpark :lol: .)

Where are the walkways? I went out and across the road and walked alongside the old terminal T2. The whole carparking arrangement still seems to be work in progress. Hopefully I won't need to do anymore drop-offs/collections for some considerable time.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm

The walkways are on the otherside. Where the drop off 15 min carpark is but on the otherside furthest away from departures.

Always makes me laugh with them parking up warning lights on. If that were the uk they would have cameras every where and big fat fines would arriving in the post any day now!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Wicksey wrote:
Where are the walkways? I went out and across the road and walked alongside the old terminal T2. The whole carparking arrangement still seems to be work in progress. Hopefully I won't need to do anymore drop-offs/collections for some considerable time.
Must admit that I don't use the walkways at all. Out of the car park by the Tabac, over the road straight into the nice cool T2. Down the stairs by Starbucks and there you are, arrivals.
Regards

Bob

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah thats prob the best option.dont know why we dont use it more

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Where exactly are these moving walkways . How do you find them from the Terminal 2 Parking Garage. I normally enter from the ground floor and then go up two floors and then find a parkings space . Then I walk along the outside pavement to opposite the express parking area and then enter the Terminal from there.

Thank y/ou

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:17 am

Good morning pensure1988,
elusive has posted the direction to take......

From the car park walk away (180°)from the Terminal buildings.

As for Parking at Granada Airport...........just drop off out side terminal or Park up have a leisurely send off and a coffee and pay 1.35€ parking.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 am

The moving walkways - must be nearly 0.5km of them - are great if you have incoming family with several well-laden trolleys. Alongside them, there's the option to walk along dead-flat floor, if you need the exercise - or one or more of the walkways is o.o.action.
Chris

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 am

That is why the walkways are always empty . They should have been between the car park and the terminal.

I now carry a rubber bungee strap to wrap around the handle of those luggage trolleys to keep the brake off. Designed for gorillas not people with arthritis or other ailments.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:09 pm

What a good idea :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 am

Went to the airport to pick up my daughter and grandkids last night. Arrived around midnight and there were dozens of cars parked along the approach road to the car park. Plus of course there are loads of people milling around in the road loading cases and people into these cars . There were so many idiots that the road was almost completely blocked. My horn got some major use I can tell you. Getting so full of cars along there that now people are even parking on the crosshatched area on the main approach road roundabout... Utterly ridiculous just to save a euro or two. They should be towed away and crushed, preferably with the a55holes still inside.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Regards

Bob

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Why crush the poor car, its not there fault. Just crush the drivers LOL

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:40 pm

'cos crushing cars is fun...

Carpark was busy last night, more packed than I have ever seen it, in fact we had to go up to level 3 to find a space. Wierd since the terminal was pretty much deserted. I'd reckon that folks parked there and caught a cab to the fair ground for fun and games. Probably a good way to do Malaga feria.
Regards

Bob