Speed camera map

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Speed camera map

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:18 pm

This link was posed on Facebook yesterday by Malagacar.com.
It's interactive & looks like it might be useful :-)

https://www.dieselogasolina.com/radares ... alaga.html
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Speed camera map

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:50 pm

That line doesn’t seem to have a working map.

The DGT publish all the radars, fixed and mobile here
http://www.dgt.es/images/INFORME_CINEMO ... 190628.pdf

There also a very good app which shows you in real time where the mobile radars are actually sited at a given time and also shows where the police stoppages are and the location of the Pegasus helicopters.

Search for Social Drive in the app stores.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Does that app cover France too?

I managed to get clocked doing 92 in an 80 earlier this month. Only took two weeks to get the fine too. Very efficient.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:48 pm

It's a Spanish app and only covers Spain, peninsular and islands.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Oh well, I tried....;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Cheers Sid - How do you read the pdf listing? Understand the first three columns but what does PK stand for? Is the longitude/latitude location of the camera position and for the sentido column - creciente, decreciente and ambos. What are these?

terry

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 pm

PK = Kilometre Post
Creciente = Direction in which kilometres increase
Decreciente = Direction in which kilometres decrease
Ambos = Both directions

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:02 am

olive wrote:Does that app cover France too?

I managed to get clocked doing 92 in an 80 earlier this month. Only took two weeks to get the fine too. Very efficient.
Snap. Drove down in my UK-plated and my son (who's flown back) tells me I have one. Annoyingly, he hasn't forwarded the details (you reminded me to ask him for the 3rd time) and I don't want (a) late payment costs nor (b) PC Gauloise inviting me to spend a night on a single bunk on my return trip.
Quite a recent Macron-idea, dropping the arrow-straight rurals from 90 to 80. I did start off doing 80, but the constant overtaking from everyone else was getting hairy so I pushed the right foot down a bit to go with the normal. Their inkjet must need constant re-filling.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:17 am

1bassleft. Good news.

The paying process is very easy for the French fine. The website is www.amendes.gouv.fr

Multi languages including English. All you need from your son is your unique 14 digit number and 2 digit code on the payment slip at the bottom of the orange coloured A4 sheet. When you put that in your details pop up including how much the fine is and when to pay it by. You just put your card details in.
The first of the other two A4 sheets is green which explains, when , where, how fast, discounts if paid by. The second blue sheet is if you want to contest the fine and both the 14 digit number and two digit code are one number lower.

Sanctions seems to be the buzz word nowadays. You have 46 days from offence date to get the maximum discount. Smaller discount paid day 47 to 76. After that it is full amount. You could apply sanctions on your son for failure to get the info to you in time. :lol:

Hope that helps

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 am

Does indeed, thanks Olive. I have C+Pd your text (including the good idea) to my son. Hopefully, he'll send me the digits as a photo seems too much effort.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:09 pm

well, after reminders in double figures, and drawing him a picture (well, sending a screenshot from the French payment site), son sent me the numbers. Only took five days. Paid, receipt downloaded. Thanks, olive

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:17 pm

This Tomtom app works EU wide (Also worked in OZ so may work in other countries)it gives you voice alerts for fixed speed cameras and queuing traffic ahead. In France it also highlighted ' Danger and Risk zones'.

If your car has bluetooth it can be set to switch on automatically when you get in to the car, so you can install it set it up and it will work automatically forever.

Downside no alerts for mobile cameras

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.map

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:52 am

Thanks Paddy. My Eurotrekker has "long in the tooth" rather than Bluetooth but I'd have no trouble making it a part of my set off routine before leaving the hotel on the return trip.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:40 am

Just seen an item on French traffic offence fines. Their technology is very good along with much improved cooperation on databases. We received a letter last week confirming and thanking us for prompt payment..

You will get fined for speeding but also not wearing seatbelts( cannot be any British not wearing them), using mobile and not observing reduced speed limits due to weather conditions.