Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Easyjet

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:12 am

Has any forum members been successful in contacting Easyjet to request a refund? Their preferred system is that you can easily change your flights or request a voucher on the website but if you wish to have a refund then you have to call them, their lies the problem, the line is constantly engaged, obviously they do not want to provide an online facility to those who do wish to get a refund because they want to hang on to your money. I have a bad feeling that i'm going to have to spend days and days trying to get through.
On top of this they have now removed the flights canceled" from my booking, i can now check in! :crazy: Our flights were for April 14th. I don't know what they are playing at.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 am

It's shocking. A lot of these large companies seem to have gone out of their way to purposely make life hard for honest customers.

Friends were due to fly to Malaga at the start of March, they knew that it would be off as the Pandemic took a hold on Spain, in fact everyone knew apart from Ryanair it seems. They still acted as though the flights were on even as Spain went in to lock down and played brinkmanship to the end. Cancelling 48 hours before the flight in the hope passengers would blink first. Friends are still pursuing a refund as of yet.

Sky are the same, they announce a "SKY pause" for Sports subscribers as there is no live sport for the duration........hahaha, try getting through on the flakey link to cancel it. No chance, we only managed to pause ours yesterday and so presumably just lost another months subscription.......the whole lot will be cancelled now as far as I'm concerned.

Why don't these companies just do the right thing and give customers their money back without making them ask for it.
They have taken the money for a service they never provided.

My "don't touch with a barge pole ever again" list is growing by the day, and Supermarkets fill 3 of the top 10 places!!!
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 am

I have read a lot of comments in the Telegraph on this subject. It seems that easyJet has made it almost impossible to claim a refund as no one can get through to them. The previous method of simply clicking on an option to cancel to obtain your refund has gone. These companies are not doing themselves any favours. They obviously want you to change your flights and rebook rather than cancel, but then the question is when to change to, not knowing when things will return to any normality.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:28 am

I had an email from BA asking if I want a voucher as we were due to fly to Nice at Easter. Haven’t done anything yet but is an easy 2 min online process, just asks for name, flight no and date of travel.

Have read that Ryanair have increased prices for those wanting to re book.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:57 am

When i checked the status of our flights they were cancelled!! Today they are not, we can check in etc...Easyjet are really pulling a fast one here...It is very frustrating and they are doing themselves no favours whatsoever...I don't wish to change my booking to a later date when i already have future bookings in place and i don't want a voucher i'm unable to use..People are not just able to change dates as and when they please, they have to check with their jobs and put in for new holiday dates which for many have also got to fit around school holidays, not easy solution...It is risky opting for a voucher because if they go bust then you can say goodbye to your money...
They are hiding behind the fact that the virus has quite rightly taken precedence over most other news and easyjet complaints or other airline complaints are being buried, had these been normal times then it would be quite a different story..
A friend had tried to rebook with new dates and the dates she wanted came up as all sold out, she had put in for 2 adults and 2 children. She went back and put in for 2 adults and they were available,she went through a dummy run of choosing seats, they were all empty apart from 2. These dates were for Feb next year...Obviously these flights are not full, i always thought Easyjet were an ok company compared to the never ending complaints regarding Ryanair but at least Ryanair do have an online system where a refund can be requested although i have read many are having problems with it...I also read the trick is to use it early hrs of the morning when it has the least chance of having too much traffic which is why people are encountering problems with error messages.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:12 am

Yes sports channels!! Hubby is with Premier Sports, he arranged it directly with them over the phone and because he doesn't run an online account with them he doesn't have the option of canceling other than by phone. They have shut up shop completely until after the lock down so there is no way of contacting them.. He decided to cancel the payment at the bank, he was given a number to call in order to do so...another rigmarole followed, they claim that they can try to put a stop on the payment going out but they can not guarantee that Premier Sports will not get their hands on it,so then comes the he has to agree to not holding HSBC liable for any losses!...Honestly i am actually living and learning and i too know which companies will be getting a wide berth. To top it off i sent an email to Premier Sports informing them of canceling the subscription and the automated reply said that when they are back in the office they they will not be replying to the back log of emails! These companies are stitching people up!

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:41 am

Good Afternoon

Please have a look at website below. It might help you with your queries. Good Luck

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparin ... nformation

David

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm

That link isn't very up to date. Latest offering on it is 13 March. Up until recently the cancellation and claim refund option was still there but this change of procedure has happened very recently. I can't put the ink to the Telegraph article on here as it's premium content that requires you to have a subscription to read. This is an example printed yesterday:
Can airlines fob you off with vouchers?
No, you are entitled to a full refund if the flight is cancelled so if you request this then they are required to pay you.
However, most airlines have removed the online refund application form from their website and asked customers to call them directly to talk through their options.
The carrier is likely to offer you a chance to re-book your flights or take a voucher before offering the full refund. If you apply online, you are likely to only receive a travel voucher to rebook at a later date.

Like you Pamela, we would not want a voucher and do not know when to re-book for. We have a trip in the next couple of months but I was hoping the flights would just be cancelled (presuming that we won't be able to travel) and we could start again when we are ready. We have outbound and return flights with different carriers plus 2 separate lots of accommodation booked, and we need to know that the people we are due to see are available, so as you say, it's quite complicated to rearrange. Apart from that we don't know when travelling will be back to normal.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm

It's not easy Wicksey, i don't even know if they are answering the phone to anyone! There is an automated message saying they have high call calls coming in and that waiting times will be long. You don't even get the opportunity to sit in a waiting queue after listening to their message, you are told to call back later then cut off...It's impossible.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:56 pm

I may have to take a voucher when the time comes and then hope that they are still in business when I want to rebook, or have to risk changing flights for later in the year.

Does anyone know how it works with changing a flight? Does the full cost of your flight, including extras such as speedy booking and seats, get carried forward towards the cost of a similar booking including extras? If the total cost was 100€ for 2 flights, speedy booking and 2 seats for example, do you simply have that as a credit to pay for your next booking? I wasn't sure about the extras perhaps being charged differently.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Easy with Ryanair to get a refund. For once they made life simple.

Tranquilo
Tourist

Postby Tranquilo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Do tell how to get a refund easily because I have been waiting since 21st March for mine!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:35 pm

I actually decided to change my flights with BA and Easyjet and the whole process was quite easy, I decided not to go down the refund route because I did see you had to phone and I thought I'd risk it for early August. The change was very simple,
I also got a refund from Watford football club within minutes of sending an email to them and Premier inn also gave me a refund on a non-transferable stay.

I get my football from DAZN and they have a pause button on their website. Sky has missed a trick there because it makes it easy to restart it again.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:39 pm

If anyone is needs to get a refund for Transavia they have hidden the reclaim page in their complaints section. Even then they want to know every detail about you and, although they should refund to the CC that was used to pay with they want your bank's IBAN and Swift codes and the location of the branch. After sending all that off I received a reply quite quickly stating Due to the current number of requests, we are unable to offer a cash refund. As mentioned that we offer you a credit note to be used for a future trip for the full value of your booking. This will be communicated to you before the end of May. This voucher will be valid for one year after its date of issue and on all routes of Transavia network and can be used on behalf of another passenger. It can be used multiple times, until the balance has ran out or until the validity has expired.
Besides, if you have not used your credit note within one year of its issue, you will be able to ask a refund on your credit card.(refund is not possible before this date).
. I replied, insisting on a refund, quoting the relevant regulation and I've received an acknowledgement but nothing further.
Brian.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:56 pm

To paraphrase Charlton Heston, if you want your money back you will have to take it from their cold, dead hands :-)

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:00 am

These airines know that in the end they will have to pay the money. They are arguing the case with Civil Aviation that Covid 19 was out of their hands. A waiting game. The supermarkets are more than overwhelmed with million more people than normal going online. They are desperately trying to recruit staff from other sectors who have closed down. They are also not getting their own normal deliveries for the stores with many staff self-isolating. Another waiting game. What to do?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 pm

Tranquilo wrote:
costakid wrote:Easy with Ryanair to get a refund. For once they made life simple.
Do tell how to get a refund easily because I have been waiting since 21st March for mine!

Ryanair contacted me and said the flight was now cancelled. Option to rebook or refund. Enter booking ref, tick box all passengers and money will be refunded in 20 days max. All very easy.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Good to know Ryanair are making it a lot easier for their customers to get a refund than Easyjet and also Jet2 despite all the bad press they get. The media should name and shame the airlines who are making it so difficult and virtually impossible for people to get a refund. I guess O Leary isn't daft, he knows his business model and the last thing he will want is to upset future trade...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:59 pm

EasyJet Have updated their site re vouchers. Now valid for 12 months and that seems to be for using it, not for date of travel. If new flights are less then the balance will be held for the 12 month period. If you tend to use them a few times a year then this doesn't seem so bad a deal as before.

I'm still deciding what to do. Only one trip has a deposit paid for accommodation and so it depends on Airbnb as to what happens with that. Currently they are doing full refunds for trips up until 31 May.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 pm

Some people trying to get a refund will just end up giving in and opt for the voucher....knowing they are valid for 12 months will help sway them
I still want a full refund, i am not taking any chances on Easyjet still being there when all of this is over so to me a voucher could turn out to be worthless..