Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby anyroads » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:05 pm

Actually have now re-booked with Easyjet for October again, this time Gatwick to Seville...

However, would not be surprised, if somewhere down the line, I again get a cancellation email.

As the Chinese say, "may you live in interesting times".... Seems they started the whole business ( re Trump )

anyroads

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 am

elusive wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:30 pm Is that a new route wicksey?
I booked in September last year to go in June. They only fly there late March to end October. I use Vueling quite regularly for the Canaries but, unfortunately, Porto isn't one of their direct flights so I can't go this year with them. I think it's too risky to book anywhere for now, particularly for routes like Malaga to Porto which may not be so popular. Although Easyjet show it in their schedule for April next year, if things are much as they are now, then they may not continue. I can't be bothered to book then have to chase up refunds forever :crazy:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Had a look this morning and they have been running since last year. Its a really nice route to get you to northern portugal,i hope it continues as i'd certainly take it to see porto, braga etc. Good days and flight times aswell which makes a change. But even though the prices are very cheap who knows what the situation will be next year. Trips away are best done at the last min imo for a good while.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Yes I was looking forward to it. I was meeting with my friend from England and we'd rented an apartment in the city. Would still like to do it next year if we can. Return flights only 60€!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Easyjet are now pulling out of Newcastle by September, one of 3 Uk airports which they will no longer operate from.The devistation continues.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:19 am

When they mentioned this before they said that these airports would no longer be a hub but flights would continue. However, this seems to have changed now and definitely Southend will be axed. From the Evening Standard:
"The move will see outbound flights cut from Stansted and Newcastle, but in-bound flights continue. All flights in and out of Southend will end." No flights to Malaga it seems form Newcastle.
However, if you look at easyJet's site they are still showing flights next summer to/from Southend .... April to September, so they are going to have to refund all of those (it still seems possible to book, over 200€ next July and showing "only 2 seats left at this price"!)

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:32 am

Sometimes it seems that the easyjet booking site is run from a small, crowded office somewhere in the back of beyond in Asia.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:03 am

Porto is lovely (great architecture and reasonable priced food) , as is Braga. We´ve driven up there from here 3 or 4 times now, it was great to hear there would be a direct (cheap) flight. shame it might be stopping in the near future :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:33 am

A travel agency in the Uk named Hayes Travel announced a few weeks back that bookings were up for next year..Tui and Easyjet said similar...Since then Hayes have made massive redundancies and Easyjet has pulled out of 3 airports..Was it all a PR stunt to get people panicked into booking, who knows..What i do know is that i have booked tickets at a much reduced cost for next August than i would normally pay for them..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:52 am

spanish_lad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:03 am Porto is lovely (great architecture and reasonable priced food) , as is Braga. We´ve driven up there from here 3 or 4 times now, it was great to hear there would be a direct (cheap) flight. shame it might be stopping in the near future :(
I was really looking forward to my break there :( Ironically, my friend in the UK is now allowed to travel there as they've lifted the quarantine rules, but I can no longer get my direct flight. When we talked about rebooking I could have flown up there until the end of October. I do wonder if the route will be axed next spring as it does seem that a number of routes/destinations are being cancelled.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:51 am

I have booked my return flight for mid September to fly from Bristol to Madrid. Instead of a choice of one flight per day easyJet is only flying on two days. Fingers crossed. However, when I went to the page for the virus/immigration forms to hand in on arrival in Madrid the page was ‘not secure’ and my browser would not open the page. Can anyone post the official link, please?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:07 am

Do you mean this Lavanda https://www.spth.gob.es/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Yes. Thank you. It is different to the one via the easyJet link.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Anyone got any views that the UK, 14 day quarantine period for Spain, will be reduced / amended before early October ?

anyroads

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm

I think by that time everyone will be in a mess again so whether a person is travelling from Spain to the UK or vice versa it will be subject to tit for tat restrictions. Only my opinion.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:47 am

I really don't think anyone can predict that far ahead. Things are altering weekly at the mo.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:19 am

I think, looking at Spain's figures in all the graphs regularly presented in the DT, it's not going to happen any time soon. My OH wants to get back to see his dad but, if quarantine is lifted this year and he can go, it will only be by booking at the last moment.

Other airlines seem to have reduced or cancelled routes so it doesn't seem a good idea to try to book any flights at the moment. (I was looking at Venice, but Ryanair has practically stopped flying there, and other routes are greatly reduced or cancelled by both them and Easyjet.)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:50 pm

anyroads wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:20 pm Anyone got any views that the UK, 14 day quarantine period for Spain, will be reduced / amended before early October ?

anyroads
All depends on the rates. The key is what happens once the spanish go back home from hols in september. But considering the way its going you would be lucky

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 pm

The figures keep altering but no government could expect to see continuous low new case figures when they lifted the lockdowns, So does anyone know if there have been figures released regarding people returning from their hols with covid 19? Considering that they have every name and address of those who had to quarantine it should be easy to record.
Someone asked me the other day if they went to Leicester would they have to quarantine.. :lol: :lol:

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:26 pm

anyroads wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:05 pm Actually have now re-booked with Easyjet for October again, this time Gatwick to Seville...

However, would not be surprised, if somewhere down the line, I again get a cancellation email.

As the Chinese say, "may you live in interesting times".... Seems they started the whole business ( re Trump )

anyroads
Ah well, it took until today, but this flight has been cancelled by Easyjet. Was hoping of course, something would ease on the quarantine situation in the meantime. This is the third cancellation now, two to Jerez, one to Seville. Always November I suppose ( perhaps flying with BA ) but as things are, may be even more difficult to travel by then. Interesting times indeed.

anyroads