Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby Lavanda » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 pm

EasyJet, Bristol to Madrid. Fridays and Saturdays.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Article in the Telegraph yesterday stating that some airlines were still accepting bookings, with no intention of flying, to get some money through the books !

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:18 pm

Nothing surprises me now in the world of travel, i think for the time being we can expect anything. It is one industry which must be pulling their hair out each and every day and i guess as customers we see it from our own points of view. Nevertheless some are better than others as far as refunds and cancellations go..
We had to phone our local airport some weeks ago to see if an Easyjet flight was still scheduled to fly, Easyjet had removed the flight from their booking site and we didn't know what was going on. The airport had no idea either and the member of staff we spoke to said it was all up in the air and airlines were not always issuing cancellation email notices and flights were being cancelled without notice at the last min. I really have no idea how long airlines can keep going under these quarantine restrictions, the flights we took had about 30 passengers both ways.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 pm

After Barbados added stricter restrictions for UK last week I decided to change our holiday booked through BA. Until recently stated that changes and cancellations could be done online. Now not possible. After a wrong number (off their website) I called another and chose option one.After waiting 20 minutes I got a recorded message saying holidays could be changed online, obviously out of date. the call then cut out. Tried again with option 3 which is sales. success, but I had to wait over 30 mins to speak to a person :crazy: Once through the change of flight and hotel to another island was done very quickly and immediate email confirmation. A friend who was cancelling a flight was put through to what sounded like an Indian call centre lots of busy background noise and the woman's accent was so bad she couldn't understand what she was saying.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi

:wtf: Haven't read all these posts but just recieved an email from Easyjet to say my flight to Malaga to Liverpool on 24th Nov has been cancelled as has my return flight 2 weeks later, the next available flight same route is the 19th Dec. My brother said 3 weeks ago he checked the EasyJet website and there were no flights available until 19th Dec, why it took them so long to tell me my flight had been cancelled, very sneaky. Apparently I could fly to Manchester but don't know what the situation is with UK lockdowns and road/train travel options from Manchester to Liverpool and vise versa to catch a flight back to Malaga.

terry

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 am

Today's headlines in the UK press is that Manchester is going for a total lockdown later today (or tomorrow). The confusion in the UK is growing by the hour and it seems very hard for anyone to work anything out at all. Good luck.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:14 am

As Lavanda said it's total confusion with forever changing media headlines..This week the UK is running a 3 tier system, next week who knows!! Flights in and out of Manchester are still operating as are trains and buses...Trains/Buses still operated during the national lockdown although less frequently, shops and schools are not locked down so not the lock down which was in place earlier in the year. Your best bet would be to have a go at having a dummy run on a Manchester/Liverpool train/bus/carhire website to check availability and schedules.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:22 pm

The media themselves should carry a lot of the blame for confusion. For example standing on a street and saying on this side you can xyz and that said just z. People should be able to use their cokum and apply common sense. Sadly at least 50% dont have any common sense what so ever.

Regarding the national uk situation the alternative to local measures are national measures applied to everyone. Using our locality here in Spain. Why should our village with no cases be tret the same way as profligate Granada city? Or Andalucia locked down because Madrid incidences are high. There is the economy to think about too as well as folks well being. I think both the UK and Spanishgovernments are currently doing the right thing.

Just in case you think it diesnt concern me, it does. I may need to go to the uk early December and definitely next May. Maybe driving is the way if you are uncertain flights are operating? That is my intention.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:10 pm

I hope to go back to the UK in December to spend two weeks with my parents. I am hoping the EasyJet will still be doing the Madrid to Bristol and Bristol to Madrid route but, who knows. I'll have a look the week before I want to go. Maybe that will be close enough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Not quite sure what to make of this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB19TBUo

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Maybe the light is beginning to dawn?

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Terry

You won't have any problems travelling between Manchester and Liverpool. But do check times if you are really late in. Manchester airport to Liverpool Lime St has a direct service once an hour and another hourly with one change..so plenty of options. Liverpool has the most Covid related restrictions in the UK at the moment....which means most shops open, restaurants open..so while a pain not too onerous. Of course could be stricter by November

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:00 am

Benal Pirate - Thanks for the info but as you gather things are changing daily in the UK with Covid regulations.

My my brother recently travelled to Manchester Airport from Liverpool Lime Street, that was fine, he was meeting his mother-in-law (85yrs who lives live Sale) and accompanying her on an EasyJey flight to Malaga. He said at Manchester Airport it was hell, all flights, local, European and International flights all arriving/departing from one Terminal and going through security took over an hour as only two conveyers open. No seating was available in the departure lounges and no-one willing to give up their seat to a pensioner.

I've managed to book a flight to Liverpool mid November with Ryanair however, we'll see whether that is still on nearer the time as I believe Ryanair could leave it as late as 48hrs before a flight to cancel. On the EasyJet website there are no flights to liverpool during November and the next being the 19th December, so at the moment I am undecided which of the 3 options (refund/voucher/re-schedule) to take for my cancelled EasyJet flight. There are incentives to take the voucher, but I'd prefer a refund.

terry

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:45 am

I would cut your loses and take the refund. I have been looking at travel for Xmas but flights are disappearing from the various websites so it doesn't seem to me worth booking until the last minute. The UK is definitely off my plans until the 14 day quarantine rule ends.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm

I think it's too late to claim a refund since I'd already accepted the re-schedule voucher. I believe in claiming a refund you need to phone EasyJet in the UK. Phoning - not a good option for me, recently, I was charged 20€ by Movistar for a call to the UK from my landline phone, I was calling the DWP 0800 number and was in a 'hold queue' for 45 minutes before someone answered.

terry