Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 am

Thanks northandsouth. I've just gone through the claim process again for the earliest cancellation and I'll see what happens this time. It does say they'll try within 28 days to make the refund, so all of Easyjet's claims are 28 days+ now. It does say not to contact them to chase it up before 90 days, but I'll see if reclaiming makes a difference.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

I am still waiting on May refunds from Ryanair.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Wicksey, did you submit your claim via easyJet's "Covid-19 and disruption Help Hub"? I'll be requesting a refund next week so it would be helpful to know beforehand which process you used.

Saludos

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Screagle wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:58 pm Wicksey, did you submit your claim via easyJet's "Covid-19 and disruption Help Hub"? I'll be requesting a refund next week so it would be helpful to know beforehand which process you used.

Saludos
To re-do my claim I went back to the original cancellation email they sent me. In that was a link to the area where I could choose to get a voucher or a refund (the Covid-19 help hub). They should have emailed you to let you know of the cancellation and include the link.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:20 pm

They've not actually cancelled my flights per se but they've been marked as 'Sold out' for a while now as with all flights to SVQ and XRY throughout July and August I've only received this missive so far:

"We’re getting in touch regarding your upcoming trip. We really hope to be able to welcome you on board but recognise that government travel restrictions and safety guidelines continue to evolve. As a result, we haven't currently cancelled your flight, but we do understand you might be thinking about whether or not to travel.

Your booking falls within one of our peak periods, so as an offer to help you plan, you can now request a voucher for the full value of your flight and we’ll issue you with an additional £10 credit as a thank you which you can use towards another future booking. Both vouchers will be valid for 12 months giving you plenty of time to plan."

Needless to say I didn't opt for a voucher...

Saludos

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:11 pm

First post-covid Ryanair scheduled flight today - Leeds/Bradford -Alicante and back.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11 pm

apparently 90% of the customers were Spaniards going home to see family. A few Brits desperate to check on holiday homes I guess made up the rest.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:35 am

Screagle wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:20 pm They've not actually cancelled my flights per se but they've been marked as 'Sold out' for a while now as with all flights to SVQ and XRY throughout July and August I've only received this missive so far:

"We’re getting in touch regarding your upcoming trip. We really hope to be able to welcome you on board but recognise that government travel restrictions and safety guidelines continue to evolve. As a result, we haven't currently cancelled your flight, but we do understand you might be thinking about whether or not to travel.

Your booking falls within one of our peak periods, so as an offer to help you plan, you can now request a voucher for the full value of your flight and we’ll issue you with an additional £10 credit as a thank you which you can use towards another future booking. Both vouchers will be valid for 12 months giving you plenty of time to plan."

Needless to say I didn't opt for a voucher...

Saludos
You have to wait until they send you the cancellation email before you can claim for a refund. I think I received an email like yours first as they are hoping people will take a voucher. Even when you do opt to claim a refund they keep offering you a voucher throughout the process in the hope you'll crack and relent :roll:

I received the cancellation email about 2 weeks before the flight was due to go. Now that flights are slowly resuming, will they actually cancel it? I think you'll only get a refund if they choose to cancel, you cannot cancel it yourself, only change it to another.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Cancellation email arrived this morning so time to request a refund!

Saludos.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Jet2 resuming flights 15th July. Giving refunds for all flights before then.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:30 am

You can perform a dummy run on your up coming booked flights and get an indication on whether they are likely to be canceled. Ryanair have reduced flights to Malaga from our local airport to twice a week in July and 3 times a week in August, They previously had a timetable to fly every day of the week. The days they are no longer flying show their usual icon of no flights...
Easyjet has also done the same and reduced flights but the days which they are no longer flying are seen as sold out, some people might take that as the flight being full but still going ahead, giving those already booked on the flight false hope but also deliberately giving the impression to new customers that people are jumping on the band wagon filling up flights...Their flights have seen a big jump on seat prices, all part of the sold out flights tactic...I doubt it is going to work for them because seats are not filling up, Ryanair on the other hand have kept their prices low but increased the price of hold and cabin luggage although still working out cheaper than Easyjet and on some like for like dates by a total cost of a £100 per person....Oleary will inevitably corner the market on what passengers there are to be had over the next 2 months, subject to whether they even take off because no one can be completely certain.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:37 am

Ryanair flights arriving at Malaga from U.K today no issues.
I So Bella tis you

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 am

Wicksey, I've submitted my easyJet refund claim as per their instructions. Out of interest how long did you have to wait before receiving email confirmation?

Saludos

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Malaga to Luton with Ryanair in August for 20 euros. Crazy cheap.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:18 pm

I have the answer to my question to Wicksey; confirmation of my refund request arrived a few minutes ago. Having just checked my booking, only the outbound sector is showing as cancelled. Presumably I'll need to rinse and repeat this time next week...

Saludos

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Yes the cancel each flight separately.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 pm

That's quite strange Screagle, they must have changed their policy, when my outbound flight was canceled they refunded me for my inbound flight also. I didn't have to apply for two separate refunds. I thought it was common sense that if you had made a return booking then if they couldn't fly you out you would hardly be there so that they could fly you back.. :lolno:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 pm

The outbound flight refunds are handled by the Left Hand, and the inbound by the Right Hand. As one never has a clue what the other is doing it can lead to these variations.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 pm That's quite strange Screagle, they must have changed their policy, when my outbound flight was canceled they refunded me for my inbound flight also. I didn't have to apply for two separate refunds. I thought it was common sense that if you had made a return booking then if they couldn't fly you out you would hardly be there so that they could fly you back.. :lolno:
Ryanair cancel both together and issue voucher eventually. Refunds are very slow.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:37 am

The Easyjet return flights I had booked for early June were cancelled separately on 20 and 22 May so I had to make two claims. (The other flights that were cancelled were one way trips.)