Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby anyroads » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 pm Some people trying to get a refund will just end up giving in and opt for the voucher....knowing they are valid for 12 months will help sway them
I still want a full refund, i am not taking any chances on Easyjet still being there when all of this is over so to me a voucher could turn out to be worthless..
Easyjet are not going anywhere. Actually they are going most places !.

There are a lot weaker players around than Easyjet. I would rank them number two to Ryanair.

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm

My post was submitted almost 3 months ago when everyone thought there wouldn't be air travel this year.. I am glad that easyjet has survived so far despite the job losses in the air industry world..There is still a long long way to go before any of them will be back to pre Covid19 levels and although Easyjet seem to be going everywhere as you say i wonder how long they can operate on half full planes or infact less than half full.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:05 pm

I do not know about Ryan Air but Easy Jet do have a faithful customer base.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:38 am

Wicksey wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:21 am Thanks northandsouth. I've just gone through the claim process again for the earliest cancellation and I'll see what happens this time. It does say they'll try within 28 days to make the refund, so all of Easyjet's claims are 28 days+ now. It does say not to contact them to chase it up before 90 days, but I'll see if reclaiming makes a difference.
Just received notification that my first refund has been made today. Seems like reclaiming as done the trick so far :thumbup: Mind you, just checked my bank account and it's not there yet :think:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 am

Might not appear 'till Monday, not much shows on my Sabadell over the weekend.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am

This is the UK account as it was a UK to Malaga flight and I paid in pounds ..... I guess it may be the same though. Strange how banks can't cope with paying money in at weekends and bank holidays (pensions, rent receipts etc) yet any outgoing payments disappear immediately! Hopefully the second lot should be on its way as I redid that claim a few days later.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am

Yes an electronic system that can't cope with incoming at the weekend, very strange.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 am

EasyJet has cancelled my flight to London yet again so we have given up and have decided to ask for a refund. It seems to me that even though they complain about a lack of customers, they don't help themselves by constantly cancelling flights so I'm not surprised people aren't booking if there are high chances of the fights being cancelled. It's a catch 22 situation but maybe they need to run some half empty flights to build up some confidence

Because even to someone like me, who was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, it's looking more and more like they want some cash flow without the guarantee of the flight running.I normally buy flights well in advance and usually around this time of year, I book some for early and late December as well as January and maybe even easter but for the moment they aren't getting any more money from me until things stabalise no matter how many emails thay send me with fantastic promises.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 am

So far, my flight with EasyJet from Madrid to Bristol next Monday is on. Maybe look at a regional airport rather than London and get a train if London is your final destination? However, I agree it's all uncertain ...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:24 am

People who had booked their flights before Easyjet changed their summer flight schedule can get an idea if their flight will be cancelled, many routes have been narrowed down to flying from each day of the week to twice a week. If people do a dummy run and try to book their flight dates and find sold out on their day of departure it means their flight is not running.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Also, my flight is the last in the day for the plane. Whether the plane is full, or not, it always flies back to Bristol to arrive at 23.00 to be in place for the start of the following day's schedule. Maybe look at a late flight, Mark, and work it out from there.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm

I have given up and have decided to extend my other holiday . Easyjet have cancelled all flights from here to London until September. The outward journey was with BA and that was changed a few times from a direct flight to a indirect one via Madrid . Unless they cancel that flight at the last moment, the money is lost.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 pm

BA have a sale. Malaga £25 each way.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:01 am

...and one month later my refund has been paid! So, I went ahead and booked a couple more flights with easyJet, September and October so let's see what happens this time...

Saludos

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

Was reading today about all these extra flights Easyjet were putting on.

However, I have had a flight to Jerez mid September cancelled.
I was able to re-book early October, but again had an email yesterday saying again the flight was cancelled.

Now it may be, that they are pulling flights to Jerez only. They do not fly there after October in any case, and maybe there was not a great uptake in flights. I will admit, I have not looked at any other route yet, Seville would suit me but, not the one stop from Jerez on the train I was hoping for.

I do not know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

anyroads

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Same here, my October flights were cancelled and easyJet have removed XRY as a destination. I actually spotted this before the inevitable cancellation email arrived. So I've had to rebook with Ryanair and now wait 30 days or so for my next tranche of easyJet refunds - see above...

Saludos

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:49 am

I have now received my refund from Easyjet for a flight on 31st july, which was cancelled 9th July so the 30 day wait is about right.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:38 am

anyroads wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am Was reading today about all these extra flights Easyjet were putting on.

However, I have had a flight to Jerez mid September cancelled.
I was able to re-book early October, but again had an email yesterday saying again the flight was cancelled.

Now it may be, that they are pulling flights to Jerez only. They do not fly there after October in any case, and maybe there was not a great uptake in flights. I will admit, I have not looked at any other route yet, Seville would suit me but, not the one stop from Jerez on the train I was hoping for.

I do not know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

anyroads

EasyJet are putting on extra flights...to Greece, Turkey and Croatia.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Easyjet have cancelled all flights to Porto from Malaga until next April. I was due to fly there in June and was hoping to reschedule for October, before they stopped for the winter. I'm not booking anything more as they may decide not to do that route next year if there's not enough demand.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Is that a new route wicksey?