Ryanair.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ryanair.

Postby costakid » Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 am

Dont hold your breath

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Just had email this morning from Ryanair cancelling our June flights, voucher offered again. I am collecting vouchers like green shield stamps.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 16, 2020 1:54 pm

My Ryanair flight was cancelled on 27/4 and I completed the form for a refund. On 11/5 I received another email offering a voucher or to change my flight. It said:
Customers who choose not to accept a free move or voucher will receive their refund in due course, once this crisis has passed. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be working hard to process refund requests as quickly as we can.

and further down the email: Click on the below link to accept your voucher.

I did not click on the link as I don't want the voucher and read it that if I do nothing, I will still receive my refund at some point, when they get around to it. I presume that once I have the voucher then that cancels my original request for a refund.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

costakid wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:09 pm Just had email this morning from Ryanair cancelling our June flights, voucher offered again. I am collecting vouchers like green shield stamps.
I bet you are :lol: ...My whole year was pre booked out from Easter onwards...A case of being tied around 3 different lots of school hols due to either family coming out also and a trip out with our Grandchildren...Trying to claim refunds seems to have become a hobby. :lol:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Yes Wicksey you have got that about right...Once you have the voucher you have lost the oportunity for a refund.One of my sons has done the same as yourself and just left it as it is..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Having now had all my easyJet refunds I've been looking at Ryanair as their's was the first claim I made but I still haven't received my refund. I found this timetable which may be useful for anyone still awaiting theirs:

https://onlineform.ryanair.com/gb/en
If you have already requested your cash refund, then we ask that you do not resubmit your request as you’re already in the cash refund queue and all the bookings are being refunded in date order. Please refer to the refund timeframe below.

All cash refund requests for flights in March were cleared by 30 June.
50% of cash refund requests for flights in April were cleared by 30 June.
All remaining cash refund requests for flights in April will be cleared by 15 July.
All cash refund requests for flights in May and most of June will be cleared by 31 July.
All cash refund requests for flights in July and August will be cleared by 31 August.

Mine should be along shortly then :think:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Finally got all the money back that was owed by Ryanair. Final one came in last friday.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Mine's not in the bank by the promised date of 31 July ..... am I surprised :thumbdown:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:40 pm

you have to email and say convert my voucher to a cash refund.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:05 pm

I never asked for a voucher. When they offered one I didn't accept. On the website it doesn't say I have any credit or voucher. I presume they're just putting off paying me for as long as they can.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:25 pm

Go onto chatbot with all your info and you should get a refund within 7 days. They have caught up for may and june flight refunds.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am

Chatbot says: I cannot answer questions about specific bookings so please do not enter any personal details or flight information

I never received a voucher. I tried to resubmit my claim for a refund but it didn't go through as it knows I have already submitted a claim. I shall have to either submit a complaints form or email them.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 am

I sorted mine via chatbot. Very helpful service.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am Chatbot says: I cannot answer questions about specific bookings so please do not enter any personal details or flight information

I never received a voucher. I tried to resubmit my claim for a refund but it didn't go through as it knows I have already submitted a claim. I shall have to either submit a complaints form or email them.
Wicksey, i have the same problem, i received an email from Ryanair with a link which took me to a page so i could request a refund.Still not heard anything or received my refund.Like you i tried to submit the refund again but because i had already done so it wouldnt allow me..I did get an email a week or so after i requested a refund trying to get me to accept a voucher or change flight date but i didn't make any changes..I intend to give it another week then try and contact them to ask when they intend to give me my refund.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Yes that was exactly the same process for me Pamela. I never accepted the voucher and I cannot resubmit the claim, (unlike I did with easyJet which I've now received ok.) I've sent an email so I'll wait and see if anything happens!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:23 am

In my case they never replied to an email once voucher was issued. To get onto chatbot you have to log on to your Ryanair account and go to contact us section. Hope this helps.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:39 am

I never had a voucher Costakid. I am just awaiting my refund. I found this eventually on the Chatbot site under the section to speak to customer service:
If you are looking for an update on your refund, please note that all refund requests received for bookings due to travel in March/April/May will be processed within the next three weeks. If you have already requested your cash refund, we can confirm that your booking is in the cash refund queue and all bookings are being refunded in date order.

I wonder if this is a permanent message, no matter when you look at it .... always "it will be dealt with in 3 weeks" :crazy: ?

I'll wait a little longer and see if anything arrives in my bank account :think:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:28 pm

This was broadcast on Wednesday. It may be of help:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000lg46

It is a general programme not just about Ryanair.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:56 pm

After sending several emails to customer services over the past couple of weeks, just received an email "don't forget you still have your vouchers to use" :wtf: I have never accepted vouchers and have always requested a cash refund. I never used to have any complaints about Ryanair when I flew with them, but boy are they getting on my nerves now :evil:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Couldn't agree more Wicksey, I've had cancellations with both Jet2 and Easyjet and they both had their trials but Ryanair tops them both by a country mile. After i did the refund submit link i received an email from them about 2 weeks later, it was as if i had not previously applied for the refund because there was a voucher at the foot of the email asking me to click onto the voucher to accept it. I didn't do a thing because i knew if i did i would be giving up the refund option previously submitted. They are dragging their feet in the hope that people will get fed up and take the voucher...Like you i keep chasing them, it's now 3 months since my flights were cancelled by them. :wtf: