Ryanair.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ryanair.

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:19 am

Four months since mine was cancelled Pamela!

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 am

Finally got my Ryanair refund yesterday for my cancelled March 26th flight.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:15 am

Well done! Honestly, this is doing nothing for their customer relations. I told them that in my complaint email!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 am

Ah well Wicksey there is hope for us yet! :lolno: :lolno:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:12 am

but flights for £10 which is why we all use them.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:45 am

I've not had a complaint when flying with them. If you know the rules and stick to them it's fairly straightforward and we've found their flights to be on time. It's just this refund business that's really annoyed me, when other companies can manage to do theirs quicker. I know it's not just Ryanair as I've read Virgin have been equally bad with their refunds. If we want to fly to Stansted then there's not a lot of choice but use them, but it could be a while before we'll be going there!
Edit:
(Talking of refunds ..... just found I'd been refunded my deposit for the cruise where the company had gone into administration. Never realised that I could claim through the bank for services not received when paying by Debit card, and it took less than a month. Only Ryanair left now!)

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Wicksey, I thought it had to be credit card.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:32 pm

That's what I thought, but in the ABTA advice I was given it applies to Visa and MasterCard debit cards. You make a claim to your bank for services or goods not received. The bank had a special claim form to complete and they emailed for further confirmation. Then 3 days later the money had been refunded. Presumably this can apply to all sorts of things, not just my case of a lost deposit for a cruise company that has gone into administration.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:30 pm

Finally received my refund from Ryanair after four and a half months, so that was the final one. We have one more holiday left booked for the winter to the Canaries, that's all. Most cruise companies have cancelled everything until next spring, so I still do wonder how the travel industry will fare as that will be a year without bookings.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Ryanair cancelling more flights.

"We are disappointed to reduce our October capacity from 50 per cent of 2019 to 40 per cent. However, as customer confidence is damaged by Government mismanagement of Covid travel policies, many Ryanair customers are unable to travel for business or urgent family reasons without being subjected to defective 14 day quarantines.While it is too early yet to make final decisions on our winter schedule (from Nov to Mar), if current trends and EU Governments’ mismanagement of the return of air travel and normal economic activity continue, then similar capacity cuts may be required across the winter period."

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm

I saw that Katy. Difficult to plan anything in advance these days. If we wanted to fly anywhere, I think we'll have to leave it to the last moment to book. A shame, as most previously busy resorts look very quiet now, and it would have been nice to do a bit of travelling, but I don't want to get stuck somewhere!

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Just had my flight to SVQ on 16 November cancelled. This was a bit of a relief as my return fight the following Friday was cancelled a while back which I then rolled over into December without checking first when the first outbound flight was :crazy:. Anyway,I've applied for a refund and should have it in seven days...

Saludos