50% off local holidays

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

50% off local holidays

Postby olive » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:32 pm

The Junta de Andalucia has a scheme through registered travel agents for up to 50% off holidays in Andalucia for residents. Minimum of three nights. The 50% applies to households with an income of less than 20k. Otherwise 25% discount. Runs till May.

Don’t know how it compares with using the internet to find discounted holidays. Anyone know or go on them?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: 50% off local holidays

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Heard about this scheme and looks interesting.
Problem I think is finding out who the registered travel agents are?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:59 pm

According to when I was looking for October it was a problem finding hotels open even at full price.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:39 pm

I assume it means living in Andalucia so i am not eligible.
I was going to spend the long weekend next week in Madrid and prices for 4 and 5 star hotels are ridiculously low so we were hoping to take advantage of staying in one but due to the restrictions, we won’t be going now. I have been checking prices over a number weeks and was going to book the day before. Unusually prices have been slowly dropping instead of increasing as the dates approached.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Yes it is only residents of Andalucia. I caught the tail end on Canal Sur. Rest I got from a Spanish neighbour. For terms and conditions one of the official agents will know.

Are the likes of Booking.com allowing you to make a booking despite the hotel being closed? We found that was a real problem during lockdown.