Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:55 am

https://www.mapacovid.es/

An interactive map that details the restrictions by ayuntamiento. It is real time and updated by the Junta.

Areas in blue are 21:30 closing. If not blue it will be 18h closing except for a few places that are essential businesses only (coloured in orange and brownish colours)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:12 pm

AIUI May 17th is pencilled in as the date us Brits will be allowed out of the country.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:32 pm

For holidays, yes - but according to Gov.uk you may travel for:

"Other permitted reasons

There are further reasonable excuses, for example:

to fulfil legal obligations
to carry out activities related to buying, selling, letting or renting a residential property
travel in order to exercise custody rights recognised by a court decision
order to present oneself to a judicial or administrative authority

Recommended evidence: proof of contract, court decision and proof of place of residence, order to present oneself to a judicial or administrative authority, expiring residence permit, dismissal notice, etc."

Saludos

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:07 am

I cannot get my head around the travel restrictions.

French tourists can go to Madrid and yet the locals cannot travel.

Germans and Swiss can book holidays to Murcia this Easter but here in Andalucia I cannot leave Granada province to go to say Malaga . Will those tourists have similar restrictions ? I doubt it somehow.

I wonder if we are in for a two tier Spring and Summer. Locals restricted but tourists free to come and go where they please?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 am

Spaniards on the juntas F.B page are giving the junta their thoughts on all the tourists in andalucia yet they cant leave their province. Ive learnt quite a few spanish swear words!!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Malaga airport now have a covid testing service in place.Pcr tests results are sent to your email address within 12hrs and cost 58.60 Antigen results are known in 20mins and are 28.60.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:09 pm

elusive wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 am Spaniards on the juntas F.B page are giving the junta their thoughts on all the tourists in andalucia yet they cant leave their province. Ive learnt quite a few spanish swear words!!
Yes I have seen a lot of comments. Strange that they should be courting Germany as cases are spiralling there.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:58 pm

The Spanish government would sell its soul (if it had one), as well as putting its population at risk, for a few tourist euros. Either that or they are quite well aware that there is no risk but want to keep their new coercive powers over the citizenry on the boil.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:26 am

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:14 am

Holidays overseas to be made ILLEGAL - £5,000 fines for people trying to leave Britain
Reports all over the news....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:34 am

No mention of those coming in?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:40 am

So much for vaccinations, then. This is just out and out tyranny, nothing to do with covid. For how much longer are people going to put up with this?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:43 am

The UK can do what they like to regulate leaving, but nothing about a country like Spain forbidding entry!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:00 am

This is ridiculous. I have a house which by July will have been empty for 7 months. I will have to pay people to in and air the place to avoid damp and other problems. By mid May my wife and I will have had two jabs so why the flying expletive can’t we go to our house, if necessary only leaving to shop?

ABSURD!

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am

Its all about "control"........if just over a year ago someone said that next year leaving the country would be illegal you'd have thought they'd been on the vino in the sun for too long.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:39 am

Many of us non residents are in the same boat ashtondav.. but if you wish to travel in order to arrange a house sale or prepare your second home for rental then apparently that is ok..The guardian is calling it the Stanley Johnson loophole, referring to BJ's father and his 2nd home. How they intend to monitor this i don't know, if indeed they can or have the time to look into whether you have proof that you are renting your home or putting it up for sale. Perhaps all that will be required is a utility bill to prove that you are the property owner in order to travel. Having said all that, Spain still has to let people in. We are in a no win situation and the draconian measures only get deeper.
The problem is while there are a growing number of people who fear for their freedom there are as many who follow the government like sheep,infact some are quite happy to be controlled and told exactly what to do, scary but it's true.Would people accept a dictatorship in the UK? even that wouldn't surprise me anymore, especially if the government used their scare tactics to sell it to them..
Police have been given new powers, the ground is already being prepared and for what? We are supposed to be moving out of a lock down and we have a vaccine which they said would be the answer to all of our problems, it doesn't add up.
There will always be new variants as there are with the flue but it's my suspicion that they have every intention of making a big deal out of every single one so that this control never ends. :thumbdown:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm

17 people died out of 78 million yesterday, deaths now below 4.4% less than seasonal average and they come out with this bombshell.
Study the exemptions, there are ways and means. To care for someone, to view a property. Etc. Property viewings may shoot up :mrgreen:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:05 pm

It was all about protecting the NHS, it's gone far away from that!

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:17 pm

Reflecting I now think it may be a veiled threat to the EU. Get jabbing or lose Brit tourism this summer. I bet Boris’ phone has been red hot today!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Hmmm i don't think so...BJ will be more inclined to want people to remain in the Uk and keep their money in this country.