Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Ban on uk arrivals will be lifted after the end of march

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:15 am

elusive wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 pm Ban on uk arrivals will be lifted after the end of march
Just in time for Boris's ban on foreign holidays until 30 June :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:04 pm

Everyone can visit to view a property, just get an agents appointment :idea:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:50 pm

The media has been hot on the holiday topic since last week, so much conflicting information, prof so and so says this and another one says that, too many wading in with their take about when people can travel, i've given up listening to any of it. People are fed up with it, one min their hopes are up the next they are dashed...Maybe that's why BJ is going to report on the subject on 5th April, he may give more insight to what lies ahead although the official report on travel will not be known until April 12th.
I really don't know how this viewing a property reason to travel or even preparing your property for rent will pan out. It doesn't take 2 weeks to view a property and it won't be long before the media is throwing out reports relating to people abusing the rules and then hey ho the rules will be tightened.
No matter what, there are already complaints about it being unfair...and rightly so.. those who are wealthy and can afford the fine, no restriction on their lives.
I can't see a massive uptake on travel though even if people can find an excuse, not many went dashing off last year when they had tests to arrange on top of the cost of air travel and hotels. When i traveled the plane was empty, 20 of us spread around..Most will be waiting for all restrictions to be lifted, especially pcr testing/ self isolation before the skies are anything like busy again.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:13 pm

Not everything is as appears in the media.
I've had another successful roundtrip Spain - Canarias, with a few weeks in between obviously. 4 planes and 6 public buses later, I'm still not dead.

The interesting element is how full 3 of the planes were and I mean totally packed like sardines! At national level they've cut the number of flights drastically, to ensure full flights.

The downside on the return journey in the last few days is that they're allowing hand luggage and the kitchen sink as hand luggage. So rather than 10 mins to board everyone it's now taking 40mins. Then another 20 mins to unload ppl, one row at a time, everyone faffing about looking for their 2 suitcases, shopping, small bag, coat and anything else.
Plenty of people seem to be taking holidays. The beaches were busier than I had anticipated.

Another point.......the government threats are worse than the reality. I've noticed the GC and CNP are not looking for trouble. They just want you to give your reasons and evidence and let you proceed. So, have your documents ready, don't wait to be asked and unless it's a real dumbass reason for traveling there shouldn't be an issue.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:31 pm

That is good to hear.

One section of society getting their travel and holidays in while Spaniards and Spanish residents cannot even leave the province they live in. :thumbup:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Well being a nice day and out in the garden for the first time properly this year I have to say that living in between both Manchester and Liverpool airports (aprox. 12 miles from each as the crow flies) I saw not a single plane, vapour trail or anything. Before this lot you'd see the low flying passenger jets both coming in to and out of the airports and see the high altitude transatlantic trails passing over. Was outside for 3 hours and spotted one plane whereas on a normal day you'd count 10 in any 5 minute period. I'd love to know how these airports, airlines and travel firms are even still here.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm

jhonie99 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:13 pm Not everything is as appears in the media.
I've had another successful roundtrip Spain - Canarias, with a few weeks in between obviously. 4 planes and 6 public buses later, I'm still not dead.

The interesting element is how full 3 of the planes were and I mean totally packed like sardines! At national level they've cut the number of flights drastically, to ensure full flights.

The downside on the return journey in the last few days is that they're allowing hand luggage and the kitchen sink as hand luggage. So rather than 10 mins to board everyone it's now taking 40mins. Then another 20 mins to unload ppl, one row at a time, everyone faffing about looking for their 2 suitcases, shopping, small bag, coat and anything else.
Plenty of people seem to be taking holidays. The beaches were busier than I had anticipated.

Another point.......the government threats are worse than the reality. I've noticed the GC and CNP are not looking for trouble. They just want you to give your reasons and evidence and let you proceed. So, have your documents ready, don't wait to be asked and unless it's a real dumbass reason for traveling there shouldn't be an issue.

Where did you fly from and to and with whom, the Canaries are allowing us to travel between the islands but not to the mainland, how did you manage that ?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm Where did you fly from and to and with whom, the Canaries are allowing us to travel between the islands but not to the mainland, how did you manage that ?
I was wondering that. From the mainland we aren't supposed to be leaving our regions so cannot fly from here to the Canaries, and obviously from what you say, you cannot fly here either.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Well the Germans will now be coming. U turn by Merkel on locking down. Europe in a mess. You really couldn’t make it up.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:17 pm

Yes Olive, they are coming because Spain is allowing them to..I just can't fathom how Spanish residents can't move from one region to the next yet the come on in doors are wide open for tourists..It's mad. :shock: Had it been France they would have all been out in their yellow vests protesting. :lol:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:46 pm

It takes two to tango. Country to let its residents travel and one to let them in . What is our central government here in Spain thinking?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 pm

A lot of this is because of the Schengen Agreement which means open borders. This can only be changed for extreme reasons such as terrorism risks. That means that if Spain do not deny entry due to health reasons, foreigners can travel to Spain. However, once in Spain, the local rules apply. So, for example, once the tourist had arrived at his place of visit, hotel or villa, he is bound by the same rules as the locals. For example, a tourist in a hotel in Nerja cannot visit the Alhambra in Granada province.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:25 pm

Sounds fine but would a policeman fine a tourist doing that? I suspect no. Would the police fine you or me? Yes.

Schengen. Needs suspending.Europe has gone mad.The Germans admit rising levels but not enough time to implement Easter lockdown. Election looming? So all political rather than what is best for the country and other countries.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Borders are only open to uk residents for certain reasons from the 30th.

Belows a translation of the BOA

Permitted reasons to enter Spain after 30 March 2021

From 6pm (GMT+1) on 30 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), passenger travel between the UK and Spain will resume, however entry restrictions and testing requirements will remain in force. Only Spanish citizens, those who are legally resident in Spain or those who can demonstrate through documentary evidence an essential need to enter Spain, will be allowed to enter the country.

Permitted circumstances include:

Holders of a long-stay visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State, who are travelling onto said country.

Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who are going to or returning from essential work.

Transport personnel, seafarers and aeronautical personnel. Diplomatic, consular, international organizations, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organizations.

Students who carry out their studies in the Member States or Schengen Associated States and who have the corresponding permit or visa and medical insurance, provided that they are travelling to the country where they are studying, and that entry occurs during the academic year or 15 days previous.

Highly skilled essential workers whose work cannot be postponed or carried out remotely, including participants in high-level sports events due to take place in Spain.

People traveling for imperative family reasons who can demonstrate an essential need to travel.

All of the circumstances above must be justified by documentary evidence. You should be aware that you may be questioned on arrival by Spanish border authorities to ensure you meet the entry requirements.

Info also on spanish embassy twitter account

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:50 pm

Nothing to discuss then, nothing really changed apart from cases rising in Spain, not looking good..

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:55 pm

This suggests that travel from the UK has no longer any restrictions apart from PCR tests.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... he-uk.html

Sid

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:43 pm

But what about the fine of £5000 to leave the UK ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:03 am

I think the ban that is being lifted is that for entering Spain not the one on leaving the UK although the ducks seem to be straying from their row.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:57 am

El Cid wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:55 pm This suggests that travel from the UK has no longer any restrictions apart from PCR tests.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... he-uk.html

Sid
Yeah i saw that cid. Its all abit confusing. I think some are saying spain has taken the uk off its own red list but its still on the E.U one. Tbh im not sure what it is. And with the uk ban bar the stanley johnson clause! Then to most its not going to make any difference anyway