Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Are the movements going to end up on a local forum for breaking covid restrictions :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol:

Well I am all above board so nothing to report here

Pamela1
Resident
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Co Durham/ Granada Province

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:45 pm

I'd call that back tracking. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Manchesteral
Resident
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm

I blame the Sussex's ! :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 13253
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Essential worker. There are many. :shifty:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Or people with financial or legal appointments in other regions ....like I said there are so many exemptions that anyone who really wants to travel can travel.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7309
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 pm

In Spain movement has never been limited to essential workers except during the first lockdown .. It is probably recommended to work remotely but it isn't necessary.

One of my students plays in one of the national handball league and had to travel to Barcelona to play over Easter. He also was supposed to do his C1 exam on Saturday. The problem was that he was in contact with someone who tested positive so has to quarantine.

I went back to work yesterday and 3 students have caught it or had it over the holiday and one in a family of four is the lucky one who hasn't tested positive yet but must quarantine.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby jhonie99 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am

A bit of a dumbo to miss his C1 exam because of that! (I presume your talking funcionario c1). He might have to wait some time for the next one.

Yes, life is carrying on as normal for most spaniards. They just adapt and play the game, something Brits are not very good at. A good example was Easter....people changed their plans to party the week before restrictions put in place! I thought there was a festival in my area, there were so many visitors arriving. They hide their cars in garages, behind the house, in the forest, etc.

In any case, the restrictions are very flexible. Have any of you read them!! It's totally acceptable to visit family in a different part of the country. You simple need proof of the relationship.

I travelled to Canarias again yesterday. Gobierno de Canarias forgot to update the restriction details, so I booked my two flights and off I went...no PCR to contend with, important as I don't want a positive test to restrict my movements.

It's a game, learn to play it.

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4422
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:22 am

Have they dropped the test for the Canaries now? Alright for some jetting off on holiday! When we were due to go in November we were told by the owner of the house we rent we needed a negative test. The only exception was if you were going to your own holiday home.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 am

jhonie99 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am

In any case, the restrictions are very flexible. Have any of you read them!! It's totally acceptable to visit family in a different part of the country. You simple need proof of the relationship.
Are you 100% sure that rule is still country wide rule? I know it was in place over Xmas but I thought it was rescinded.

User avatar
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7516
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Los Alcázares, Murcia

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:55 am

Certainly the boundary of Murcia province is closed, as is Alicante.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I [email protected] to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7309
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Bilbao Spain

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:34 am

jhonie99 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am A bit of a dumbo to miss his C1 exam because of that! (I presume your talking funcionario c1). He might have to wait some time for the next one.

Yes, life is carrying on as normal for most spaniards. They just adapt and play the game, something Brits are not very good at. A good example was Easter....people changed their plans to party the week before restrictions put in place! I thought there was a festival in my area, there were so many visitors arriving. They hide their cars in garages, behind the house, in the forest, etc.

In any case, the restrictions are very flexible. Have any of you read them!! It's totally acceptable to visit family in a different part of the country. You simple need proof of the relationship.

I travelled to Canarias again yesterday. Gobierno de Canarias forgot to update the restriction details, so I booked my two flights and off I went...no PCR to contend with, important as I don't want a positive test to restrict my movements.

It's a game, learn to play it.
Most of this is incorrect. For a start It is not a game, Secondly the whole point of the restrictions is to stop Covid from moving about so you definitely aren't supposed to visit family in other regions. Sure, you can try but if the the police stop you, visiting family in another area is not sufficient justification and they will fine you. There are many exceptions but that isn't one of them. Having sad that, I also know someone was able to jet out and spend a week in the Canaries without problem. It must be due to anther exception.

Why is my Student who missed his exam is a dumbo? A dumbo is someone who tests positive or who has been is close contact with someone who has tested positive then spends 4 hours in a closed space with other people in the room.

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4422
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:55 am Certainly the boundary of Murcia province is closed, as is Alicante.
As is Andalucia and the provinces within it. That's what I've said before ... I cannot go 10 minutes along the motorway into Granada but could go to the airport in Malaga and fly to the Canaries :think: I didn't think we were supposed to be going into another region, as otherwise what is to stop me flying into Madrid or Galicia for example.
Last edited by Wicksey on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7516
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Los Alcázares, Murcia

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:30 pm

One of the main problems throughout this pandemic has been people wondering if they are allowed to do this or that, or go here or there, or with who.
It must be obvious to any thinking person that until and if ever there are no more cases of Covid the basics of staying away from others, and only going where essential is the way to be, for ones own safety, and the safety of others.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I [email protected] to disguise a cough.

Pamela1
Resident
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Co Durham/ Granada Province

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:07 pm

You said it Peter, until ever! I doubt very few people will want to live their lives going only where essential and staying away from other people in their lives.It's not the way anyone wants to live and certainly not the way to bring children up in this world..No matter what happens people will eventually have to get on with their lives covid or no covid.

elusive
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am
Location: East of Malaga

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 am
jhonie99 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am

In any case, the restrictions are very flexible. Have any of you read them!! It's totally acceptable to visit family in a different part of the country. You simple need proof of the relationship.
Are you 100% sure that rule is still country wide rule? I know it was in place over Xmas but I thought it was rescinded.
Agree. It was only over xmas.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 15440
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: La Herradura, Costa Tropical, Granada

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:46 pm

As it stands at the moment, you still cannot cross the provincial borders or Andalucia border.

Sid

Unicorn
Resident
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:06 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Unicorn » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:56 pm

It is bizarre how people search for loopholes. Why not just tow the line?

If you want a real laugh follow the blunders of one Laurence Fox, ex-actor and failed musician. He is now running for London Mayor and he is anti everything.

He maintains he has some sort of needle phobia, but seems plastered with tattoos (is there a new way of doing those?) and that he panics if he wears a mask, although appears to smoke quite heavily. He does, however reflect how some people think, that the rules do not apply to them. He has even downloaded a mask wearing exclusion certificate from the internet.

He is the true description of a Covidiot.

User avatar
firsttango
Resident
Posts: 1760
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: Velez-Malaga

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Unicorn wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:56 pm It is bizarre how people search for loopholes. Why not just tow the line?

If you want a real laugh follow the blunders of one Laurence Fox, ex-actor and failed musician. He is now running for London Mayor and he is anti everything.

He maintains he has some sort of needle phobia, but seems plastered with tattoos (is there a new way of doing those?) and that he panics if he wears a mask, although appears to smoke quite heavily. He does, however reflect how some people think, that the rules do not apply to them. He has even downloaded a mask wearing exclusion certificate from the internet.

He is the true description of a Covidiot.
That's odd, he speaks quite highly of you :lol:

Unicorn
Resident
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:06 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Unicorn » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

That could be, firsttango is because of all the expectations of Unicorns, along with sunny uplands, that were promised with Brexit.

elusive
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2775
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:49 am
Location: East of Malaga

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Who doesnt love a unicorn :D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests