Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:07 pm You said it Peter, until ever! I doubt very few people will want to live their lives going only where essential and staying away from other people in their lives.It's not the way anyone wants to live and certainly not the way to bring children up in this world..No matter what happens people will eventually have to get on with their lives covid or no covid.
The reality is that we will all have to change the way we live, respecting that ignoring the pandemic is putting ourselves and the rest of the world’s population at risk of suffering a terrible illness that if not fatal may drastically shorten our lives and/or make them simply awful. Bringing children up to be more obedient and accept that they must not selflessly do what they want would be a good thing.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm
The reality is that we will all have to change the way we live, respecting that ignoring the pandemic is putting ourselves and the rest of the world’s population at risk of suffering a terrible illness that if not fatal may drastically shorten our lives and/or make them simply awful. Bringing children up to be more obedient and accept that they must not selflessly do what they want would be a good thing.
Problem for me is that thinking like that is just the polar opposite of the hardest Antivaxxer or whatever they are called today.

World has to get back to some sort of proper normal very soon, it's ok for people not needing to earn a living spouting the doom and telling everyone what should be done, but the fact is the "pandemic" spin offs are causing more destruction than the virus itself.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:15 pm

Have to say I agree with you DA. The reality will be continued hand washing, social distancing , maybe masks and in my view less international air travel ( to reduce spreading the inevitable new variants) . I still believe that cheap, instant , reliable mass testing equipment is needed. Think as easy as taking your own temperrature.

I really miss giving an old guy called Pepe a lift. He walks to a local ‘life giving’ spring each day but welcomes a short cut and a chat. New normal.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:52 pm

I hope this is the right thread for my post —

https://www.msn.com/es-es/noticias/espa ... li=BBpmbhJ

People have been saying this for ages. There is no need for invasive testing that seems to be hit-and-miss and unreliable. This new test actually sounds sensible, at last.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm

It certainly seems preferable to the cotton bud up the nose. When I had it done she pushed it so far up my nose I had an immediate pain in my head that lasted over an hour. I wouldn't like to endure that a number of times each time I wanted to travel. Hopefully in time the tests will be easier, quicker and a lot cheaper.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:23 am

Whichever test the worse thing is testing positive when about to leave for the airport. So many false positives.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 pm

If you have a positive test then in theory you can take advantage of this part of the proposed EU Covid 'passport' as stated in El Pais:
"For the purposes of the Digital Green Certificates, a person will be considered to have immunity during the period after a positive test spanning from the 11th day to the sixth month."
https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... ports.html

So if you've had the vaccine, or a positive test to say you've had Covid, or a recent negative test, then it seems you can travel if these so called passports take off. It's worth having a positive result to have 5 months of test free travel :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Suppose it would not include UK though?
“Digital Green Certificates,” will allow citizens of Europe to enter Spain without having to quarantine or take a coronavirus test.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:16 pm

katy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:23 am Whichever test the worse thing is testing positive when about to leave for the airport. So many false positives.
Yes, it's not great, i envisage that false positives will be making quite a number of media headlines when the travel industry gets going, people are going to be upset and frustated.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am

Think I may have been gazumped by a hotel in Nice I booked for May. Email from booking.com informs me booking has been cancelled by hotel. Hotel still taking bookings but almost double the price. Maybe it’s because I’z a Brit :wink: :lol:

Was going to cancel anyway as 10 days isolation still in place there for arrivals. Booked a short break in Gibraltar at the Rock Hotel instead. Seems a safe bet.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 am

katy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 pm Suppose it would not include UK though?
“Digital Green Certificates,” will allow citizens of Europe to enter Spain without having to quarantine or take a coronavirus test.
:lol: I forgot about Brexit :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Demonstrates they aren't really bothered about containing the virus, just political. France 348 cases per 100,000, UK 29 per 100,000. Never mind it's always 5 o clock and sunny somewhere :mrgreen:

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 pm

katy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am Think I may have been gazumped by a hotel in Nice I booked for May. Email from booking.com informs me booking has been cancelled by hotel. Hotel still taking bookings but almost double the price. Maybe it’s because I’z a Brit :wink: :lol:

Was going to cancel anyway as 10 days isolation still in place there for arrivals. Booked a short break in Gibraltar at the Rock Hotel instead. Seems a safe bet.
Safer certainly. But not quite the same ambience as Nice, perhaps.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:32 pm

True. we have a short break every year to Nice April/May. Changed the date 3 times over last 12 months. However much I like it having to spend the time isolating in a Hotel doesn't cut it. Looking at September now. I am getting a depressing feeling I may never get another holiday. :lolno:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:51 pm

katy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:32 pm True. we have a short break every year to Nice April/May. Changed the date 3 times over last 12 months. However much I like it having to spend the time isolating in a Hotel doesn't cut it. Looking at September now. I am getting a depressing feeling I may never get another holiday. :lolno:
You will, but it will be in Rhyl in a fully Covid Compliant (variant 86) Static caravan :D

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Just read that we will be popping anti-covid pills in the Autumn. The governments know they have over-reacted and messed-up big time and so, paulatinamente, (great word, that) all the ballyhoo will subside in favour of vitamin pills for all.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... me-autumn/

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 pm

There is a lot of back-tracking going on and much disarray in the the ranks of the oppressors and I think their feet must be getting cold.

My sympathies are with those who have been persuaded to take the unapproved, experimental injections in the hope that it will satisfy the travel covid requirements.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:38 pm

vitamin D and zinc. Cheap (so pharm hate it!) and hundreds of proven studies. Yep with you Beachcomber seems the whole "house of cards" is starting to tumble.....sadly no antidote for the already jabbed

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 pm

No, they can't just suck it all out!

And, given a recent statement from the World Health Organisation, getting injected just so that you can travel may have been in vain anyway,

Health measures in relation to international traffic
Do not require proof of vaccination as a condition of entry, given the limited (although growing) evidence about the performance of vaccines in reducing transmission and the persistent inequity in the global vaccine distribution. States Parties are strongly encouraged to acknowledge the potential for requirements of proof of vaccination to deepen inequities and promote differential freedom of movement.

https://www.who.int/news/item/19-04-202 ... )-pandemic

I suppose we have to excuse the split infinitives.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Don’t you think that this is more appropriate on the New Religion thread or should we just combine all the Covid threads into one thread?

It is getting very confusing.

Sid