Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Lavanda wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:47 pm I do have the PCR test. The antigen test is just for my information.

I'll let you all know how it goes ...
Good luck :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:58 pm

katy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:49 pm Said in the Telegraph that more variants have been found in Portugal, not to mention the Nepal one. :crazy: Will be the final nail in the coffin for the Tourist industry. Must be thousands who have booked to go there thinking no quarantine needed. Then there is the risk of things changing whilst abroad. Clearly the UK does not want us to leave the country.
This was in the DT this afternoon:
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said it is "not aware" of a new variant being detected in the Himalayan nation of Nepal after reports that it could have an impact on foreign holidays for Britons

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Who to believe, who to trust.........seems like project fear continues unchallenged in the U.K

warning potentially 'vaccine-defeating' Nepal variant.......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 pm

Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous!. Some who have just left for Portugal are faced with cutting their holiday short or going through the palava of tests and quarantine. Yet flights are coming into the UK from all over the world. Looks like another year written off. Another week, another variation, perhaps they should go through the alphabet.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:42 pm

I think it is hugely unfair to chop and change this green, amber, red scale at just a few hours notice. Some proper warning needs to be given. What is happening now seems as if the U.K. government is waging psychological warfare on its own citizens. As for Spain not being on the green list, that seems harsh and smacks of political game playing.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:43 pm

katy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 pm Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous!. Some who have just left for Portugal are faced with cutting their holiday short or going through the palava of tests and quarantine. Yet flights are coming into the UK from all over the world. Looks like another year written off. Another week, another variation, perhaps they should go through the alphabet.
Apparently 12 million people have flown into Britain since 1 st March 2020. Seems a lot and a round number.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 pm

I don't think the gov want people to go anywhere, it's about keeping the money in the country, even if it bankrupts airlines and forces more people to lose their jobs.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:52 pm

This is beginning to stress me out. I'm waiting for my Covid test results. The test was picked up yesterday at 11.25 and the results are ready within 24-36 hours. Once I have the results I can fill in my Locator form and upload a load of stuff to Iberia who won't let me check-in until 24 hours before the flight which is 7.00 on Friday. That seems reasonable, I suppose, BUT I have to leave Extremadura at 16.00 tomorrow to get to Madrid for my overnight hotel. Tomorrow morning is taken up with various last minute essentials my OH absolutely has to do such as get an eye test and I have to go along. Then we have to pick up two months supply of dog medicines and food from the vet on the way home. The morning is a 100km round trip BUT we should be home by 12.00.

Airlines and travel people just don't get the idea that, for some people, it's not just a 20-minute drive to the airport and off we all go. Some of us live West of Asia AND without a SmartPhone. Yes, I could join the 21st century and have now got the SmartPhone on my shopping list but really, last Summer, when I went to see my parents i just went. It's the same virus but now I've spent x-hundreds of hours doing forms and x-hundreds of sheets of paper in print-outs and I'm really getting cross with this world in which I seem to find myself enmeshed. Horrid.

However, I have packed.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 pm

Lavanda wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:12 pm I thought I would do the antigen test at T4 Madrid, as well. Good luck with your trip.

I'm just checking here because when I flew from Madrid on 30th Jan there was no covid testing station anywhere in Madrid airport, have they now opened one ?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Apparently there is one in T4 but I won't do that now. I have my Negative Covid Test (it arrived an hour ago) and that will do fine.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 am

Just had our tests in Gibraltar to enter UK tomorrow. 5 min queue although 3 uk flights were due later so could be busy. Results back in less than half hour, £30.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am

Hope my experience is as good as yours Katy in the next coming weeks, roll on the day when we can board a flight with proof of vaccine as they can in Europe.Teresa May is 100% correct right when she said we have gone backwards instead of forwards.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:55 am

Just had a message to say that a couple we know who were due to sail from Santander yesterday are now stuck there after he tested positive.
Both have had 2 doses of vaccine and she tested negative. :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Tough, the odds are 1 in 22,000

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am Hope my experience is as good as yours Katy in the next coming weeks, roll on the day when we can board a flight with proof of vaccine as they can in Europe.Teresa May is 100% correct right when she said we have gone backwards instead of forwards.
Yes, probably the only time she has been right :lol:
The certificate is useless for uk travel even though we have them.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm

katy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm Tough, the odds are 1 in 22,000
But shortening all the time :shh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itive.html

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 pm

I don't understand can you explain what information in that article shows that the odds of testing positive after being vaccinated have shortened?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 pm I don't understand can you explain what information in that article shows that the odds of testing positive after being vaccinated have shortened?
No, it was a tongue in cheek comment to Katy :wink:

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:10 am

I'm confused. If, as a UK resident, I'm travelling from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, a third country not considered a risk (SpTH), then what exactly do I need to present before flying to and upon arrival in Spain? I have been vaccinated twice with my last jab two weeks ago.

My reading of the directive issued 7th June applies to risk countries only - or does it?

Saludos

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:26 am

To begin with, don’t confuse returning to the UK with entering Spain. The rules to enter SPain have been relaxed and no quarantine or even COVID tests are necessary. You will need to wear a mask while in public except on the beach.

However, don’t confuse the relaxation of COVID restrictions with extra rules regarding Brexit.

Latest UK government guidelines for travelling to Spain here
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

You should read them because I there are some other points to take into account apart from my reading of the situation.