Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm

Of course it's a good idea, Olive. Who wrote that it wasn't?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm

I like a bit of luxury when I go away. A motor home would be ok for travelling but would like a base on arrival.

Mobylette63
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mobylette63 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:36 pm

I am trying to locate a place that can do a fit to fly test in or around the Malaga area…the airport one is fully booked for ever it seems

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:52 pm

Hi

Have a look at this website for some clinics in malaga City

https://www.guidetomalaga.com/events-in ... in-malaga/

Good Luck

David

Mobylette63
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mobylette63 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks I did find that but the websites are virtually unusable, buy before you can book appointment, who says you can get one ?

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Mobylette63 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:36 pm I am trying to locate a place that can do a fit to fly test in or around the Malaga area…the airport one is fully booked for ever it seems
just answered in Fit to Fly post. Pm if help needed.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:47 pm

Did Grant Shapps really just say that?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/CVJl7nb7yqMD/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:45 am

He did say that, yes, but we have to bear in mind that these people are fundamentally stupid and know nothing about the departments they head up. There are more stories in the news that the effects of the Pfizer vaccine are beginning to wear off and a booster will be needed. There is precious little point in the vaccines and a great deal of harm (only my opinion).

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Just wondering if there is precious little point in the vaccines then what is responsible for the fall in deaths in all the countries with a successful vaccine programme? Also why is there still ,large amounts of deaths in unvaccinated countries with similar age profiles? Is it just a coincidence?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:39 am

There were no vaccines last Summer. What caused the fall in cases and deaths then, I wonder.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am

Not True, They were not falling this time last year. This time last year cases were rising. They had gone down during the lock down but by July had started to increase again significantly. In late July, UK citizens had to rush back from Spain to avoid quarantines followed by France and other countries in early August.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 am

markwilding wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am Not True, They were not falling this time last year. This time last year cases were rising. They had gone down during the lock down but by July had started to increase again significantly. In late July, UK citizens had to rush back from Spain to avoid quarantines followed by France and other countries in early August.
You are simply incorrect in your statement as illustrated by the graphic which clearly shows that even in late July, (July 27th as an example 523 cases) were still at a very low level and still decreasing not increasing "Significantly" as you say.

And deaths didn't start to rise significantly until late October and as an example Oct 6th just 19 Deaths.

Not disputing the Quarantine from late July upon return just your assumption regarding significant rise in cases from July etc

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:32 pm

I quite clearly pointed out that cases were rising in Spain and other EU countries. The UK came out of lockdown later than Spain last year so the curve was different but cherry picking a month with no context doesn't prove anything. The question was 'What caused the massive fall in cases ' Obviously, The lockdown.

Exactly the same happened this year. Lockdown, followed by a significant slowdown in cases to almost zero then a rise again. In Spain no lockdowns but restrictions followed by lesser slowdowns flowed by rises while one year on there are more infectious strains as well

The argument now is whether we now live with the virus or whether we carry on with restrictions. My opinion is that we should be living with it but that means taking sensible measures such as wearing masks inside and maintaining social distance wherever possible without being told that I am a nutter. For example, I have more or less stopping wearing my masks outside but I stay a good metre and a half away from people I meet on my walks.

I

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:46 pm

markwilding wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:32 pm I quite clearly pointed out that cases were rising in Spain and other EU countries. The UK came out of lockdown later than Spain last year so the curve was different but cherry picking a month with no context doesn't prove anything. The question was 'What caused the massive fall in cases ' Obviously, The lockdown.

Exactly the same happened this year. Lockdown, followed by a significant slowdown in cases to almost zero then a rise again. In Spain no lockdowns but restrictions followed by a lesser slowdowns flowed by rises while one year on there are more infectious strains as well

The argument now is whether we now live with the virus or whether we carry on with restrictions. My opinion is that we should be living with it but that means taking sensible measures such as wearing masks inside and maintaining social distance wherever possible without being told that I am a nutter. For example, I have more or less stopping wearing my masks outside but I stay a good metre and a half away from people I meet on my walks.

I
No, you clearly brought it as a U.K based agenda.......neither Lavanda nor Paddy were Country specific whatsoever, however you were the one that brought the U.K to the debate in your post hence I used the U.K figures. And no month was cherry picked, I used July simply because that was the month YOU referenced in your post. Here is your quote * but by July had started to increase again significantly. In late July, UK * Clearly showing this.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:07 pm

I know what I meant. I don't mention the UK'S figures I talk about the UK'S reaction to the rising levels in Europe, Lavador is not specific in her post so her assertion that cases were not rising is incorrect.
markwilding wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am Not True, They were not falling this time last year. This time last year cases were rising. They had gone down during the lock down but by July had started to increase again significantly. In late July, UK citizens had to rush back from Spain to avoid quarantines followed by France and other countries in early August.
Lavanda wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:39 am There were no vaccines last Summer. What caused the fall in cases and deaths then, I wonder.
The answer is, The lockdowns

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:16 pm

markwilding wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:07 pm
Lavanda wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:39 am There were no vaccines last Summer. What caused the fall in cases and deaths then, I wonder.
The answer is, The lockdowns
Please explain Sweden, NO vaccine and NO lockdown

Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 14.10.20.png

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:21 pm

firsttango wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:46 pm

No, you clearly brought it as a U.K based agenda.......neither Lavanda nor Paddy were Country specific whatsoever, however you were the one that brought the U.K to the debate in your post hence I used the U.K figures. And no month was cherry picked, I used July simply because that was the month YOU referenced in your post. Here is your quote * but by July had started to increase again significantly. In late July, UK

I mentioned July because I was due to fly to London in July last year and the necessity of a quarantine, introduced at that time, was one of the reasons I cancelled the trip, You will also note I mention August as well.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:11 pm

I will re post my question as there was no answer, just irrelevant information about lockdowns and restrictions potentially not working,

Just wondering if there is precious little point in the vaccines then what is responsible for the fall in deaths in all the countries with a successful vaccine programme? Also why is there still ,large amounts of deaths in unvaccinated countries with similar age profiles? Is it just a coincidence?

Also just to point out Sweden did have restrictions for example

On 18 December 2020, the prime minister of Sweden announced new and tougher restrictions and recommendations including the use of face masks in public transportation, closure of all non-essential public services (like swimming pools and museums).

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:20 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:11 pm I will re post my question as there was no answer, just irrelevant information about lockdowns and restrictions potentially not working,

Also just to point out Sweden did have restrictions for example

On 18 December 2020, the prime minister of Sweden announced new and tougher restrictions and recommendations including the use of face masks in public transportation, closure of all non-essential public services (like swimming pools and museums).
18th Dec 2020 is a long way ahead of the dates (6 months) that were in question in the post being discussed so irrelevant. Plus Restrictions are a whole different thing to Lockdowns as you are well aware......we have still restrictions here in Andalusia as do most places but certainly there is no Lockdown.

As to an answer to your question.........I have no idea but Lavanda gave you her view so maybe be kind enough to respond to her?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Paddy, your post implied that the vaccines were the cause of the decline in deaths this year/time but I answered you by posting that, last Summer, deaths also fell — yet there were no vaccines. Ergo, the fall in deaths is not as a result of vaccines in my opinion.