Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby markwilding » Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Yes here, but the regional government lost the case.
Other changes are no curfew and bars opening later.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Yeah thats what i had seen mark. So some want to keep their regions closed but the courts wont allow it.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat May 08, 2021 7:03 am

Euskadi was the only region I saw that tried the courts. Although interestingly the Balearics still have the PCR test as a proxy for movement restrictions. However that may change tomorrow as the government there has not said anything yet.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 08, 2021 8:04 pm

Yes,
Strange times here at the moment
We have high levels of Covid in my municipal, 604 in the 14 day period which is way above the national average. Much of the high numbers has been put down to the fact that Athletic Bilbao were in two Cup finals two weeks apart.

Tonight everybody has to be home at 10.00pm but can go out again at midnight. :wtf: :lolno:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 08, 2021 8:09 pm

I bet that isnt enforced. It does show how daft the laws are and the difficulty in making them

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 08, 2021 8:14 pm

It won't be a problem anyway, At the weekend It is quite normal for the Spanish youth to pop home for dinner at around 9-10 pm than go out again around 12-1;00 am. As far as I'm aware there are still restrictions regarding large groups and Botellón.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun May 09, 2021 3:58 pm

markwilding wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:04 pmTonight everybody has to be home at 10.00pm but can go out again at midnight. :wtf: :lolno:
Here in adalucia they changed it and made it come into affect at 2300, instead of the police trying to enforce that hour, i imagine.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue May 11, 2021 12:14 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:07 am Interesting piece of info re entering Spain if you are married to a Spanish citizen (or another EU citizen..) Thanks to Pamela1 for sending this to me.

Your question relates to the formalities you must comply under the following circumstances.

You are married to a Spanish national. You are a UK citizen. You and your family reside in the UK.

Your query is actually regulated under Directive 2004-38 as interpreted under Spanish law.

Because you are married to a Spanish citizen (he holds a Spanish passport), and you are both travelling together to Spain, you are entitled to remain in Spain for longer than 90 days in a 180 day period (however, if staying for more than 90 days, you must register as a resident in Spain).

Where travelling to other European Union member states, you are allowed to travel with your passport and proof that you are travelling with your spouse and that your spouse is an EU citizen, and to remain there for 90 days per member state without any additional formalities (other than holding the documents already listed above).

The rights described above apply because you are married to a Spanish citizen, not because you are a UK citizen.

Accordingly, you and your family members are allowed to remain in any member state of the EU for up to 90 days, without being obliged to register as a resident in the member state in question (article 6 Directive 2004/38). If and where you were to remain in that member state for more than 90 days, you would normally be obliged to register as a resident, as the family member of an EU citizen (assuming that your spouse is resident in the same member state, and exercising his rights of residence in the same member state, as a worker a self-employed person or a self-sufficient person, the latter meaning that he can show he has sufficient funds to maintain himself and dependents without recourse to public assistance and comprehensive sickness insurance for himself and dependents covering all health risks).

Should you remain in an individual member state for more than 90 days, you (and your family members) are required to register as residents in the said member state in question.

I hope this serves to clarify the issues raised in your query and thank you again for getting in touch with Your Europe Advice.

Yours truly.
Your Europe Advice.
So that basically means someone married to an EU citizen has the same rights as an EU citizen as regards the 90/180 day rule....as long as they are travelling together. Do others understand it the same as me?

So a UK citizen can come to Spain with say their Danish spouse and stay longer because they could have been in Spain for 80 days and then crossed the border to France for another 80 days and then come back to Spain to catch the plane home and no law is broken

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

Yes that's exactly what it does mean...It is not about the rights of the 3rd country national, it's about the rights of the EU citizen and their right to being able to have their spouse/family accompany them.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 11, 2021 1:02 pm

I wanted to comment on this before when I read it it but forgot. For some members this is very interesting especially in tandem with the Spanish passport thread. As someone who is married to a Spanish national, having a Spanish passport would be a disadvantage if the UK one has to be given up.

Having the right to live in Spain, move around the EU, if needed, or if we want to return to the UK leaves all options open for someone in my position.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Mark even if you did become a Spanish national you do not have to give up your UK passport. They do not take away your British passport if you take Spanish nationality. Part of the process of obtaining Spanish nationality is to denounce your British nationality to Spain..However in order to officially denounce your British nationality you have to apply to the British government and pay the fee of just over £300, until a person does that as far as the British gov are concerned you are still British...There would be advantages if you did take Spanish nationality but if you usually travel in the company of a family member then you already have the same freedoms as they do all be it as long as you travel together.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 11, 2021 2:45 pm

Theres also the issue of returning to the uk with your wife if she only has spanish nationality. You/she will need a certain income to be able to move there together!
Last edited by elusive on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:51 am

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience to share on the Malaga or Seville COVID-19 airport testing services. Prices quoted on the Travel Covid Test Center (sic) seem very keen and a fraction of UK prices.

Saludos

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:33 pm

After four EasyJet, Madrid-Bristol, cancellations, I have a flight with Iberia, Madrid-Heathrow, on 11th June. I think it is too late for them to cancel now so I will be flying to the UK. As an unvaccinated person I looked for the PCR test and stressed about getting to a local testing centre, having a thing poked up my nose until I gag and then getting the test from the centre at a later date. All very stressful, on top of all the other stuff I need to do for my trip.

I found the answers to my worries. Iberia and Allianza have teamed up for people to do a PCR Saliva test at home. It seems open to everyone and not just Iberia-Allianza customers. I followed the instructions, registered and paid €80 for a PCR Saliva test yesterday afternoon at 17.20. The package arrived this morning at 10.45 which, bearing in mind where I live, was amazing service. I have the kit, all instructions, advice to book the recall of the test before I test so that everything is coordinated and ... how easy is that, then?

https://iberia.alianzacovid19.es

The site is a bit 'round the houses' but with careful attention works very well.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:03 pm

Thanks for sharing, Lavanda - glad you found a service that works for you. I'm probably going to book a rapid antigen test at the airport for 24,95 euros. I'll be taking my own NHS issue rapid lateral flow test kits too for back up and to avoid any nasty surprises!

Saludos

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:12 pm

I thought I would do the antigen test at T4 Madrid, as well. Good luck with your trip.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:41 pm

The lateral flow test from the NHS is no use because you won't get a certificate for travel and are specifically excluded from the type of approved tests.

Also be careful of the type of Antigen test you get...not all are valid for travel to the UK.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:42 pm

At least you know what the situation is and the requirements under the amber rules and are prepared for them. I see that Portugal will go back onto the amber list from next Tuesday, so I expect that's scuppered a lot of plans. Not just holidaying Brits, but those Portuguese residents like us lot who wanted to go back to the UK to see relatives.

I hope both your travel plans go smoothly Lavanda and Screagle.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:47 pm

I do have the PCR test. The antigen test is just for my information.

I'll let you all know how it goes ...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:49 pm

Said in the Telegraph that more variants have been found in Portugal, not to mention the Nepal one. :crazy: Will be the final nail in the coffin for the Tourist industry. Must be thousands who have booked to go there thinking no quarantine needed. Then there is the risk of things changing whilst abroad. Clearly the UK does not want us to leave the country.