Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:55 pm

Bit unfair how the Stanley Johnson phrase is being used. Thousands were skipping off last year (including some on this forum). We have seen daily photos of the rich and famous cavorting around the worlds trendy spots.

An article yesterday revealed Rod Stewart has the lockdown blues. Not so long ago he was photographed sat on a beach in Florida!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:49 am

At least Carmen Calvo is displaying a little respect for the much ignored and disregarded Spanish Constitution:

photo_2021-03-27_09-41-07.jpg

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:40 am

katy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:55 pm Bit unfair how the Stanley Johnson phrase is being used. Thousands were skipping off last year (including some on this forum). We have seen daily photos of the rich and famous cavorting around the worlds trendy spots.

An article yesterday revealed Rod Stewart has the lockdown blues. Not so long ago he was photographed sat on a beach in Florida!
Nobody skipped off last year as travel was allowed but unadvised. I was going to go to the UK in July and the travel restrictions had not started then but the problem was the airlines kept cancelling flights so it was very difficult to plan anything

I seem to remember the problem was and is the perceived one rule for us but a different rule for them. Not only is it obvious Stanley is going to be targeted because of who he is and due to the fact that it's his son who make the rule but also the rules are quite clearly different this year.

Last year he said he wanted to make it Covid free. However, Is that a good enough excuse this year?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:02 am

I went to Amsterdam for a few days last August (booked quite close to date of departure). At the time there were no rules in place prohibiting travel between the two countries and case numbers were pretty low in both the area I was travelling from and where I was travelling to. No tests were required to enter either NL or return to Spain, just the travel health forms to be completed, and no self isolation required either at my destination or on my return. We co-operated with whatever precautions were in place in NL, including giving (genuine) contact details for tracing purposes which we were asked for in every bar and restaurant we visited.

There was no need to make up spurious excuses to try to get around anything such as fictitious appointments to view properties.

I've no plans to go anywhere outside Spain this year, far too much hassle.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:19 am

markwilding wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:40 am
katy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:55 pm Bit unfair how the Stanley Johnson phrase is being used. Thousands were skipping off last year (including some on this forum). We have seen daily photos of the rich and famous cavorting around the worlds trendy spots.

Nobody skipped off last year as travel was allowed but unadvised. I was going to go to the UK in July and the travel restrictions had not started then but the problem was the airlines kept cancelling flights so it was very difficult to plan anything

I seem to remember the problem was and is the perceived one rule for us but a different rule for them. Not only is it obvious Stanley is going to be targeted because of who he is and due to the fact that it's his son who make the rule but also the rules are quite clearly different this year.

Last year he said he wanted to make it Covid free. However, Is that a good enough excuse this year?
Not much rational about stalking an old man (not wearing a mask etc) because of who his Son is :wtf: They are not very close either.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:27 am

Maybe, However, didn't he appear on a reality game show not so long ago so not too old for that? Anyway, that's the way the British press works No need to stalk anyone these days as everyone has a good camera at hand and he knows that. Most people can sympathise with forgetting to put on the mask but most people aren't the PMs dad.

You actually missed the point of my post, which was that people could travel freely last year.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:00 pm

So if people could travel freely last year what is the point of endless silly digs about SJ?
I could provide a list of links longer than FAL's on Politicians and Celebrities who broke the rules :wink:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:30 pm

SJ broke the UK government guidelines which at the time stated the all but essential travel should be avoided.

Whether he likes it or not being a family member of the UK PM puts you in the public eye and until people stop reading newspapers that follow SJ on holidays taking photos then it will continue

I make no judgement on him or others I am just answering the question as to why the endless silly digs. Lots of other people also got lambasted for doing the similar things. Not to mention the influencers who headed off to Dubai to take photos for 'work purposes'.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Yes, good points.
Remember the saying I am not my Farther's Keeper.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:54 pm

I have seen news items which contradict that Spain are lifting the ban for British visitors from March 30th..( i know we can't travel ) I think the piece of info which Elusive posted as regards to only for essential purposes could be right...eg, if you are resident/work purposes etc..not including people who wish to visit...There have been news stories about brits being turned away unless they have documentation backing up their reasons to travel.From what i have read the rule applies to all 3rd countries including the uk...I have a feeling that they have just lifted the ban on any travel from the uk but still have restrictions in place as to who can enter Spain...If i'm wrong then someone will no doubt put me right.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 pm

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... #permitted

Entry only allowed for certain reasons

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 pm

Well that certainly clears up the misleading info in el pais/ Telegraph and Independent.They all made out the doors were open to British visitors.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 pm

Most of the newspapers are running the story of which countries will be on the green list. mainly USA and Caribbean area. Still not easy though with tests both sides. Sandals the holiday Company are providing free tests in their hotels for guests returning to UK. Hope the Government have spoken to the countries before the list is out.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:42 pm

Not easy at all, especially for families who made their bookings in 2019 to travel in 2020. I know many who did not take vouchers or refunds and moved their holiday to the same dates the following year..The cost of tests in the Uk is horrendous, rip off Britain comes to mind.How it all pans out in the end who knows.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Countries that supposedly will be open to visit are hardly ones that the average family can afford to visit anyway unless its a once if a lifetime special event. As normal those with money will carry on as the costs of tests etc wont matter to them.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Miami holidays are not much more expensive than European ones. It is tests that are the problem.

Tests to travel anywhere are prohibitive for a family used to booking Ryanair and a cheap apartment. Test to travel £60 at Gatwick. Test to return £xx then £175 for 2 tests when back in UK.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:20 pm

I am stating the obvious but testing needs to be free and simple. As simple as say measuring blood pressure, oxygen levels, temperature. We keep being told CV will be with us forever.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:32 am

Covid will be with us forever but as a common cold, which it is for 99% of the world right now. 10 deaths yesterday in UK and we can’t even go out and buy a glass of wine!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:03 pm

Neighbours have just had to go back to the UK and were charged 110€ each for their tests by a clinic in Nerja, then then there's the two each they have to have whilst isolating, then another to come back home. It's not something most people would want to pay out for if it was just for a holiday.
Last edited by Wicksey on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:17 pm

In reality most people won't want to pay for tests and just because they can afford a holiday it doesn't mean they can stretch to cover the costs of all the tests a family of 4 or 5 will need...Don't forget many had holiday bookings before covid and didn't go booking holidays with any knowledge of having to pay for tests.The Uk government should make the tests free after all some news headlines today were about the government plans to make testing accessible for everyone and they will give out tests so that families can be tested twice a week..so why not give free testing to travellers...If they are interested in preserving the travel industry then it would be a small price to pay.