Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm

This thread is called 'Travel covid requirements'

The paragraph I have quoted from the World Health Organisation, together with the link, is about exactly that. They are stating that proof of vaccination should not be required for international travel. I don't really see how it can be more appropriate to this thread than that.

But, yes, some of the other comments are off topic.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Latest from Spain
Responding to The Telegraph’s disclosure, Spanish Tourism Secretary, Fernando Valdés, said on Thursday he wanted UK holidaymakers to “restart holidays” in six weeks, adding: “We are desperate to welcome you this summer. We've been having constant conversations with UK authorities.”

Mr Valdes said a travel corridor between the two countries, allowing quarantine-free breaks, is firmly on the table but only with Covid passports 'easing' the return of 'safe' travel.

What he doesn't say is will there be curfews and early bar closures etc.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:15 pm

katy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm Latest from Spain
Responding to The Telegraph’s disclosure, Spanish Tourism Secretary, Fernando Valdés, said on Thursday he wanted UK holidaymakers to “restart holidays” in six weeks, adding: “We are desperate to welcome you this summer. We've been having constant conversations with UK authorities.”

Mr Valdes said a travel corridor between the two countries, allowing quarantine-free breaks, is firmly on the table but only with Covid passports 'easing' the return of 'safe' travel.

What he doesn't say is will there be curfews and early bar closures etc.
Nor the masks that the Brits in the UK are constantly complaining about, despite it being nothing like here where you have to wear them everywhere.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm

There will no doubt be a two tier system. No curfew for tourists, bars open normal hours. Green corridors. The pesky restrictions are just for residents

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:09 pm

I must have the wrong end of the stick here. When there is mention of Covid Passports/ Certificates I am assuming that means proof of vaccination. The majority of the UK jabs have been Astra Zeneca, but very few people seem to have had jab2. I assume any such certificate for the AZ one will need to show both 1 and 2 have been received, otherwise the certificate is worthless. In which case, if a certificate is needed to visit other countries, very few UK residents will be able to qualify.

What have I missed ?

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 pm

I have read a number of times that the Covid passport will have details of vaccination, and PCR tests, and antibody tests. I think the UK likes to push the idea that it's all about the vaccinations, but realistically the EU's version includes the other tests as there will be plenty of people who will not have had the vaccination. Although I read today how being vaccinated may mean that you will not have to have tests or quarantine on arrival in the UK, there's always a sentence at the end of these articles that says that they still may be required depending on what variants are about.

There seems to be a number of different types of Covid passport apps being mooted, and all seem to need a smartphone which not everybody has. I think it will all take some planning and sounds a bit of an administrative nightmare particularly if different countries have their own systems in place.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:46 pm

It will probably cost somewhere north of £40 BILLION and Dido Harding will be in charge........so it should be "World Beating" along the lines of Test and Trace :D

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Parilla wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:09 pm I must have the wrong end of the stick here. When there is mention of Covid Passports/ Certificates I am assuming that means proof of vaccination. The majority of the UK jabs have been Astra Zeneca, but very few people seem to have had jab2. I assume any such certificate for the AZ one will need to show both 1 and 2 have been received, otherwise the certificate is worthless. In which case, if a certificate is needed to visit other countries, very few UK residents will be able to qualify.

What have I missed ?

Parilla
Most people in my area over 60 have had Pfizer, having said that.. it does seem bizarre that the generation who covid least effects will still be held back while quite a number of the older generation will have more freedom.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Moreno wants people who have had both vaccines to be able to cross provincial and regional borders. So same again younger people will be stuck in their province. Cant wait! :roll:

And if you dont want it at all. Thats it!! :crazy:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:12 pm

elusive wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:06 pm So same again younger people will be stuck in their province. Cant wait!
Since it is pretty evident that it has been the young people who have been ignoring the rules and spreading it, safe in the knowledge that probably won’t kill them, just their grannies, I don’t have much sympathy for them.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm

I am way way down the list for vaccination. I won't get anywhere near any vaccine until after summer. Covid is statistically almost zero danger to me.

I have done my social bit and stayed home etc for the benefit of those in danger. In return for that I get told I cannot travel, whilst those who I do my bit to protect get to party like it's 1999. I thought we were all in this together!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Parilla wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:09 pm I must have the wrong end of the stick here. When there is mention of Covid Passports/ Certificates I am assuming that means proof of vaccination. The majority of the UK jabs have been Astra Zeneca, but very few people seem to have had jab2. I assume any such certificate for the AZ one will need to show both 1 and 2 have been received, otherwise the certificate is worthless. In which case, if a certificate is needed to visit other countries, very few UK residents will be able to qualify.

What have I missed ?

Parilla
Actually over 10 million have now received the 2nd jab in UK. Suppose there won’t be many young families though.
Correction, 2nd jabs speeded up, now over 11 million (6hours ago)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:27 am

What's the point in a vaccine certificate anyway, nothing changes for people who wish to travel in and out of the Uk, they have to be tested both ways, no matter whether you have had both jabs or not.

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am

Despite not having been able to visit my property in Spain for more than a year, I have little desire to do so at the moment, particularly when I read some of the ill-informed, anti-vaccination comments on this forum.

I should have received my second dose of vaccine by 17th May, so I assume that I'll qualify for a 'covid passport', whatever that turns out to be.

However, there is so much uncertainty about the travel requirements, both in the UK and in Spain, that I really can't be bothered.

The Spanish tourism industry may be desperate to welcome me, but on this occasion I'm going to decline the invitation.

I wonder how many other UK residents feel the same way.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am

steve_w wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am Despite not having been able to visit my property in Spain for more than a year, I have little desire to do so at the moment, particularly when I read some of the ill-informed, anti-vaccination comments on this forum.

I should have received my second dose of vaccine by 17th May, so I assume that I'll qualify for a 'covid passport', whatever that turns out to be.

However, there is so much uncertainty about the travel requirements, both in the UK and in Spain, that I really can't be bothered.

The Spanish tourism industry may be desperate to welcome me, but on this occasion I'm going to decline the invitation.

I wonder how many other UK residents feel the same way.
We dodged the bullet and sold our Andalucian house shortly before this kicked off, still pinching ourselves at the luck we had with the timing.

However we still intended visiting Andalucia every year and renting for a month or so, taking in France and Northern Spain as we went...........we love it.
Thing is now even if we were free to travel, who on earth would want to go on holiday where mask wearing was compulsory outdoors.....it doesn't make sense, it's certainly not a holiday. Bars, Nightlife etc. shut on the ferries, mask wearing on board and mask wearing on the drive though Europe to Andalucia.......nope, sunny sin mask Lancashire for me any day sadly. We miss it sorely but at present the thought of any travel abroad knocks me cold.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 am

As currently those in their 60s are only being offered the AZ one I have friends with health (thrombosis) issues that do not want it, not that they've been offered it yet. I don't know at what stage those in that age group will be offered an alternative.

When only a relatively small percentage of Spanish residents have had the jab so far (7.2% have had both) then to say that those of us that haven't had it can't travel is discriminatory. As there is a 12 week wait between first and 2nd doses of the AZ then it will be late July before a lot of people in the their 60s will be fully vaccinated anyway. I think the Covid jab should be like the flu one (which I am too young to have), given to the elderly, those at risk/vulnerable and front line staff that require it.

From what I have read, a negative test will suffice for overseas journeys for when we may be allowed to travel, which I think is still some time away. From what I read about the UK I have no desire to go there, it's only my OH that would like to see his father that will want to go. It wasn't long ago that Boris said that it was lockdown that was the main reason the numbers had gone down in the UK rather than vaccinations. Here we have not had the sort of restrictions the UK have had this year and fewer people have been vaccinated but the numbers are now reducing here in Andalucia ..... maybe it is due to the masks :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 am

The numbers aren’t reducing according to today’s Sur?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:18 am

Coronavirus infections, which on Thursday number 1,884, also point in the right direction. They are almost the same number as on the same day last week, which means that there is no growth. This also comes after several days of decline, something that has been noted in the cumulative incidence of the pandemic (IA).
-Thus, the IA in Andalusia is 251.69 on Thursday, one point less than yesterday. Moreover, this measure of the speed and intensity with which the pandemic is advancing has been falling for almost a week now. It is a trend that can also be observed over 7 days, a parameter where changes in the curve can be seen earlier.
https://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/sevi-a ... ticia.html

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:22 am

katy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 am The numbers aren’t reducing according to today’s Sur?
The Official statistics from the Junta de Andalucía say that they are in fact as Wicksey say's Falling!

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/institut ... VID19.html