Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Interesting. I was prevaricating wether to buy IAG last year but chickened out.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Here is a copy and paste of the introduction of the article on the Bloomberg terminal (can't find the article on the Bloomberg website)

Airline shares on both sides of the Atlantic, including those in the Aer Lingus owner IAG, Ryanair, Lufthansa, and United Airlines rose sharply on the prospects that the EU will make it easier for international tourists to travel in the coming months.

By early summer, countries of the EU and beyond aim to issue vaccine passports that would let those who have been inoculated freely cross borders. Some places – Australia and New Zealand, for instance, and Singapore and Hong Kong – are joining together to create “travel bubbles” that allow citizens to visit without mandatory quarantines.

And governments are drawing up lists of vaccines and tests they deem sufficiently effective to permit entry. The trend has given a lift to shares in airlines, with Lufthansa rising as much as 5% on Monday and IAG which owns Aer Lingus, British Airways, and Vueling climbing almost 4.5%. Ryanair shares also gained, by 2.5%, and in the US, shares in United Airlines rose 1%.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:01 pm

Juntas press conference is ongping.Provincial border open from the 29th. Regional border still shut

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:08 am

Received a notice from Ryanair regarding my flight which isn't until September flight...Pre departure testing, they have partnered up with a company which offers testing. ( getting a cut of course) the test kits are up to 50% off with a promo code....Pre departure tests £60. Day 2 / day 8 testing kit is £120.
A family of 4 requiring pre departure testing will see an extra £240 slapped on their holiday and if they need testing on day 2/8 the grand sum will be £720. Expensive at half the price. It's a con and a complete rip off. Being vaccinated doesn't even come into it.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 am

Exactly. I have a pop up ad on here advertising same day result at Gatwick £120 whilst I know one that charges £60.

Not just the expense it is what the situation is on arrival. Read this morning that Turkey is going into lockdown, numbers are still high in most of Europe too, situation can change anytime.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 am

Actually i got the figures wrong, i forgot to factor in the test needed before returning to the Uk so it's actually more.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:10 am

I just don't think you can plan anything nowadays. Even if Spain is put onto the Green list there's still a test before travelling and one when you get there, plus the one to have before returning home to Spain. Then of course the UK can change their minds at the last minute and you end up there in quarantine.

It's not just the expense but the hassle of doing all this and getting the results back. My friend who drove back to the UK last month seemed to have a quick test at Calais before going through the tunnel. Presumably that wasn't a PCR as I thought they took up to 3 days to come back, so I wonder what type that was? The DT article about the Green test requirements said that they are giving out free tests in the UK which Katy mentioned, but not sure if those are readily available to non-residents.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:43 am

Yes 2 free tests per week here but cannot be used for travel. Rip off. There is talk that the test to re enter UK may be free in future.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:06 pm

I haven't seen the article about green test requirements and giving out free tests...The only one I've seen is the one which states that giving out free tests was currently being considered. It would help if they were free!

You are right Wicksey, people can't plan anything with the hope that all will go well, the airline industry and all those businesses connected to them must be tearing their hair out. I think there will be mayhem, the false positives, people not being able to travel, that could happen before outbound and inbound flights. So there you are stuck on your own after testing positive while all your family board their flight to come home. Then there is the question of the traffic light system turning amber or red while you are away, the problems are huge.Will companies insist their people do not travel abroad next? who knows..This is not freedom or how people envisaged to travel.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Factor in border queues too. Lots of paperwork mistakes etc.
Heathrow said today that traffic is down 91%. the other 9% would probably be from India, china etc.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:53 pm

My flight which was 3/4 full was cancelled this week, not due to fly till the end of next month..

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Am I correct to posit that the current COVID-19 national legislative framework comes to an end on 9th May? That's ten days away! Is that then the reason the list of risk countries on SpTH is valid to that date?

Saludos

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:17 pm

Yes May9th is end of the state of emergency at which point health laws take over to restrict movements etc. There is still a lot of debate as to what exactly those laws control and no doubt there will be court challenges etc.

As regards SPTH list....it may be the state of emergency ending or it may be the 2 weeks that they were rolling restrictions by in the past. I don't know for sure that is just an educated guess

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 07, 2021 10:07 am

Interesting piece of info re entering Spain if you are married to a Spanish citizen (or another EU citizen..) Thanks to Pamela1 for sending this to me.

Your question relates to the formalities you must comply under the following circumstances.

You are married to a Spanish national. You are a UK citizen. You and your family reside in the UK.

Your query is actually regulated under Directive 2004-38 as interpreted under Spanish law.

Because you are married to a Spanish citizen (he holds a Spanish passport), and you are both travelling together to Spain, you are entitled to remain in Spain for longer than 90 days in a 180 day period (however, if staying for more than 90 days, you must register as a resident in Spain).

Where travelling to other European Union member states, you are allowed to travel with your passport and proof that you are travelling with your spouse and that your spouse is an EU citizen, and to remain there for 90 days per member state without any additional formalities (other than holding the documents already listed above).

The rights described above apply because you are married to a Spanish citizen, not because you are a UK citizen.

Accordingly, you and your family members are allowed to remain in any member state of the EU for up to 90 days, without being obliged to register as a resident in the member state in question (article 6 Directive 2004/38). If and where you were to remain in that member state for more than 90 days, you would normally be obliged to register as a resident, as the family member of an EU citizen (assuming that your spouse is resident in the same member state, and exercising his rights of residence in the same member state, as a worker a self-employed person or a self-sufficient person, the latter meaning that he can show he has sufficient funds to maintain himself and dependents without recourse to public assistance and comprehensive sickness insurance for himself and dependents covering all health risks).

Should you remain in an individual member state for more than 90 days, you (and your family members) are required to register as residents in the said member state in question.

I hope this serves to clarify the issues raised in your query and thank you again for getting in touch with Your Europe Advice.

Yours truly.
Your Europe Advice.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm

I am hearing from various people that from midnight on Saturday night we can travel throughout Spain again. Any one else heard anything?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri May 07, 2021 4:44 pm

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-05-07/ ... iones.html

I was trying to find out the same earlier and now el pais has a story confirming it. Euskadi wanted to prevent entry and exit but a court has refused permission. So free to go wherever though not sure about PCR tests for the islands

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 07, 2021 6:15 pm

The right of movement throughout the national territory of Spain is guaranteed under the Spanish Constitution (Article 19). This right may only be over-ridden by a state of emergency. I am not sure that even a Supreme Court of an autonomous region can over-ride it and this may be born out by the report in El País.

Article 155 governs the actions of the autonomous community.

The provisions of the Spanish Constitution in English can be found here:

https://www.boe.es/legislacion/document ... INGLES.pdf

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm

markwilding wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm I am hearing from various people that from midnight on Saturday night we can travel throughout Spain again. Any one else heard anything?
Yes it was announced last night by moreno as the s.o.a is ending. Lots of changes which will be looked at again at the beginning of june.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 pm

It's not just down to Moreno...he can let you out of Andalucia, but the other regions have to let you in

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 07, 2021 8:37 pm

Well yes obviously. Its like when the regions first locked down. Extremadura was pretty much the last man standing. No need to close the borders as everyone else already had! As beech says above the different regions are already having legal arguments. One report on rtve about one of the northern regions fighting over it in court