Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:15 pm

France gives free testing, available at any pharmacy. Daughter has returned to UK but there is then a fee to pay the Government £175 for 2 tests after entering (plus quarantine). The first test kit arrived by post the day after she arrived and there is another one at some point. I worked out to go to Barbados would be test to enter, 2 tests in hotel, and same tests as above, absolutely ridiculous.

Gibraltar is a maybe.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 pm

Or maybe no where Katy, he said he would be making an announcement on travel today and yet he didn't bring any details to the table which has further frustrated the travel industry. Meanwhile Astra Zen may be withdrawn for use in the under 30's who have a higher risk of developing blood clots from the vaccine than dying from being infected with covid. Just goes to show how deadly covid isn't for much of the population yet here they are having their lives restricted and kept on hold.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:10 am

Plus the fact that they are being virtually forced to take an unapproved, experimental gene therapy injection which could have serious adverse effects on their otherwise healthy bodies.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Dominic Lopecas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dominic Lopecas » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm

I'm not aware that you have to pay for a text in the UK, I just returned from the US and I have to take a text but no charges and I equally have travelled to Spain in March and on my returned to the UK I have to take the text but no charges for the services. :?: :?:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.diar ... t_amp.html

Andalucian restrictions continue
I wonder why “ vaccination coverage in the age group from 65 to 79 years is not yet desirable. ”?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am

Dominic Lopecas wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm I'm not aware that you have to pay for a text in the UK, I just returned from the US and I have to take a text but no charges and I equally have travelled to Spain in March and on my returned to the UK I have to take the text but no charges for the services. :?: :?:
Do you mean test rather than text? There is information here as to the two tests you must have when arriving in the UK and an indication of costs on the gov.uk site:
"Information on the 2 tests you must book, pay for and take during your mandatory 10-day quarantine period after arriving in England, including how to book." https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-o ... nd-pricing

My friends that went back in March paid around 200 pounds I think, and similar to my neighbours who returned last week to the UK.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am

olive wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 pm
elusive wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.diar ... t_amp.html

Andalucian restrictions continue
I wonder why “ vaccination coverage in the age group from 65 to 79 years is not yet desirable. ”?
They stopped (i think) using the A.Z on this group and gave it to younger key workers and to the under 65 age bracket hence why alot of people under 65 are getting called before the 65-79 group. So its abit out of sync now. Although as posted on here the older 70's are getting the vaccine now aswell

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 am

I think the under 65 group you referred to still had to be key workers. It's a small group as most people in that group have retired so no longer qualify.

When I had my jab this week it was Pfizer whereas a couple of weeks before, my wife had Moderna. I was surprised how many no shows there were when they were calling people in by name.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am

I am not considered a key worker but came inside the 60-65 age group that they were testing. I got the text to apply late on Thursday evening but didn't make the appointment until the next morning. My neighbour, who comes in the same group, was too late because they had run out so has to wait a little more

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am

Wicksey wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am
Dominic Lopecas wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 pm I'm not aware that you have to pay for a text in the UK, I just returned from the US and I have to take a text but no charges and I equally have travelled to Spain in March and on my returned to the UK I have to take the text but no charges for the services. :?: :?:
Do you mean test rather than text? There is information here as to the two tests you must have when arriving in the UK and an indication of costs on the gov.uk site:
"Information on the 2 tests you must book, pay for and take during your mandatory 10-day quarantine period after arriving in England, including how to book." https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-o ... nd-pricing

My friends that went back in March paid around 200 pounds I think, and similar to my neighbours who returned last week to the UK.
I think he was questioning what I posted but I couldn't be ars*d to answer.

Daughter has returned to UK but there is then a fee to pay the Government £175 for 2 tests after entering (plus quarantine). The first test kit arrived by post the day after she arrived and there is another one at some point. I worked out to go to Barbados would be test to enter, 2 tests in hotel, and same tests as above, absolutely ridiculous.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 pm

El Cid wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 am I think the under 65 group you referred to still had to be key workers. It's a small group as most people in that group have retired so no longer qualify.

When I had my jab this week it was Pfizer whereas a couple of weeks before, my wife had Moderna. I was surprised how many no shows there were when they were calling people in by name.

Sid
I am not surprised re. no shows considering the scaremongering. Will probably get worse those waiting their second jab. The Times says Moderna has the most side effects.

Being a bit pedantic but isn't this Travel covid requirements? Didn't take long to slap the hands of Pamela and myself in the Vaccinations in Spain thread. :angel:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Like it or not vaccination proof will come through the back door via airlines and cruise ships.
Travel news latest: Virgin Voyages to launch in the UK – but only for fully vaccinated Britons.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:57 pm

You're right Katy - I fell into the same trap, just answering an off topic post!

I am not going to move them all - it takes too long. So from now on lets stick to requirements to travel to and from the UK to Spain.
We have so many Covid threads its difficult to keep track.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:08 pm

I think you are right Katy, as things have progressed i will be more surprised if vaccination proof isn't required.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 am

Headlines from the Daily Telegraph this morning:
Travel news latest: France and Spain to be off limits as only handful of countries on 'green' list
Backlash as holidaymakers face paying hundreds of pounds per trip for Covid tests

Seems that the Covid tests and quarantine will still be required as now for trips from here to the UK. Even visitors to 'green list' countries will require a test on arrival back to the UK but no quarantine. At the moment Gibraltar is one of the few countries on the Green list and now that the border is open what is to stop people arriving and leaving via there?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:41 am

I don’t think they will be allowed through the border unless resident.
I have been thinking seriously of changing our Malaga flight to Gibraltar in June. We stayed at the Rock hotel before for a Bar Mitzvah and it was ok. Fantastic view of the bay, ships going too and fro all the time and the Rif mountains so close. They do a good afternoon tea and nice swimming pool with bar. Botanical gardens just down the road, good places to eat especially at the Marina. Plenty of authentic Tapas bars now, same weather. Few historical places. We can read the tombstones of the victims of the yellow fever pandemic ha ha.

Right now Spanish Covid cases are on the rise which means even if we are allowed to holiday there, maybe there will be curfews. Don’t want to spend every night sat on a balcony and having to eat hotel food.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm

The travel industry must be tearing their hair out, how they have managed to stay afloat beats me and not just airlines but every business connected to travel.I guess there will be some who have already gone out of business..It's not over by a long way and although there will be travel it will depend on who wants to go and who will be willing to pay for tests..The wealthy will not have a problem except some people may find their flight being cancelled because of low passenger numbers or being taken off and passengers being asked to move to another day as has happened regularly during the past year..
A few more months and perhaps July might look a lot brighter..European countries will have vaccinated more of their citizens and have lower infection numbers..Things are always changing and who knows the government may find themselves funding the tests if only to save the industry.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:48 pm

I don't know how they have survived Pamela. The cruise company that I and many friends have used went bust last summer, a week after I had booked a cruise for this year. It couldn't have gone ahead anyway as I probably couldn't have got to the UK easily in June, it probably couldn't have gone to the Scandinavian countries it was due to go to, and if a vaccination was required I wouldn't have had that either!

I thought that the UK's promise of foreign travel by May 17th was a bit premature. The traffic light system is really just the same as they've had all along. If they maintain it, there's still a chance that countries could go in and out of different levels meaning that people already on holiday then suddenly have to quarantine on arrival back in the UK. If people have staycations then maybe the local travel industry may pick up. That's the same here, that we plan to go away within Spain when we can.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:42 pm

Saddened to hear of the death of Prince Philip - if the UK had the same rules on who could enter as Spain does H&M (the soap opera couple, not the store) could not travel to the funeral? If special permission was given they would still have to isolate except for the ceremony!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.