Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:50 am

I think testing should be reduced, present system here that we are allowed 2 free tests per week even if no symptoms is ludicrous. One to leave a country and one to return would be acceptable (under protest :wink: ) for me.

Wouldn’t want to go to a country with rising or high rates as it would mean more curfews etc when we got there.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:29 pm

katy wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 am Wicksey, you have made a few posts saying how much you want to go on holiday too. Are people now expected to feel guilty because they want to take a break after 18 months if lockdown?
No, I just mean that those of us on this forum that are Spanish residents may be more interested in travelling to the UK to see family (or in my case tenants). Obviously you don't have to be a Spanish resident to be on the forum but many of us that are contributing at the moment are. Likewise, there are also many Brits wanting/needing to come to their holiday homes here, so getting out of and into the UK seems to be a big problem at the moment.

Yes I do want a holiday, but as a couple we holiday within Spain, and at the moment we cannot leave Malaga to do so (which I would like to do when physically able). People did travel last summer, so it's not been a full 18 months of not being able to leave Britain. Friends who usually spend the winters here came as usual and friends had family come to visit last summer. It was not so much the lockdown that prevented travel but reduced flights and increased costs. I would have liked to go on another cruise one day which I do alone, but that is going to be completely out of the question and I can live without that if we could just get to the Canaries for our usual trips, which is still a staycation which people in the UK are being encouraged to have. I guess it's just me reading the DT too much and the constant articles about where you may or may not be able to travel to, if this or that may or may not happen :roll:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm

I went to the UK last July and came back mid-September. All I did was mask, hands and distance. Same virus as now. Yet now it is so complicated. Why?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Exactly Lavanda, i have been saying to my family for ages that we are worse off now than ever. I think they find it easy now to hold every one down, mostly because the initial shock of having restrictions imposed upon us at the start has faded, people have become used to being restricted and that is why they now find it easier to keep the control and impose whatever they like. :crazy:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm I went to the UK last July and came back mid-September. All I did was mask, hands and distance. Same virus as now. Yet now it is so complicated. Why?
Because the countries that imposed controls on people entering the country have proven that these restrictions work so now other countries followed suit.

Additionally as the virus has spread countries that took absolutely no preventative measures have increasingly large problems.

So in short the answer is, because we now know more than we did last summer. We also now no more than we did in January 2020. Imagine if we knew back then what we know now this would never have become a worldwide pandemic and would have been nipped in the bud.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:07 pm

The Telegraph has a similar article every day re. countries which may be on green list. (they always manage to slip in advertising!) Most of them wouldn't allow visitors anyway. I have my own criteria and would count for whichever way or reason for travelling. ie. if cases are high at destination. there maybe quarantine restrictions, flights cancelled, could have to pack up and leave within days etc. eg. last year booked Barbados as things were settling down and just needed a test to enter, 3 weeks before due to leave in Nov Barbados criteria changed and we would have to quarantine for 7 days on arrival, cancelled it.

Wicksey, if Canaries are your staycation is Gibraltar mine :D

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:20 pm

I would like to travel to our property, although BIL watches over it he is not 100% fit, there will be many jobs which need doing and the place has been empty for quite some time. A holiday would be nice but it will be no holiday when we eventually get there..i can understand people who are put off travelling because of testing and restrictions, there are too many obstacles and for people who just want to travel for a holiday it may well be more hassle than it's worth..I can't see the travel industry recovering over night until the testing and restrictions are removed, it's going to take time.I don't know how long some of the airlines can continue to hold on for.

I will still travel and pay if i have to, only because it's a must..The only drawback i envisage is getting there and back from our local airport, flights were constantly being cancelled or moved to other dates before the lockdown, due to low passenger numbers, it causes mayhem, especially for people who have taken their annual holidays from work, the hotel changes and car hire changes also come into play. That is just another off putting travel reason to add to the list for people.

Family plays a massive part of any reason to want to travel into and outside of the Uk, my DIL will not be able to be reunited with her family again for the 2nd year in a row, she would have to self isolate in Toyko for 2 weeks before being allowed to travel on to her parents home, she isn't allowed to take more than 2 weeks off from her job at any one time..all being well if she can travel next year then 3 yrs will have passed since her parents have not seen her or her grandchildren..that kind of puts it into perspective for me on how tough it is for people who are desperate to travel.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm

My plans are being cancelled as they come up May, Nice. x June Malaga (now Gibraltar?) August Paris. Nov/Dec Carribbean? I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't in lockdown by Sept/Oct. The elite have grown quite fond of it.

Over the decades travel has become more complicated. We used to go to our Spanish house for long weekends, finish work at noon, arrive 20 mins before flight time, like catching a bus. Then came terrorism, queuing at security now all this...next?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:16 pm

Mine still in place for Malaga in May but expecting it to be cancelled, other than that i expect i shall be moving the dates, depending on what the situation is after the next gov announcement.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:23 pm

katy wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:38 pm My plans are being cancelled as they come up May, Nice. x June Malaga (now Gibraltar?) August Paris. Nov/Dec Carribbean? I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't in lockdown by Sept/Oct. The elite have grown quite fond of it.

Over the decades travel has become more complicated. We used to go to our Spanish house for long weekends, finish work at noon, arrive 20 mins before flight time, like catching a bus. Then came terrorism, queuing at security now all this...next?
I haven't booked anything after all our trips were cancelled one by one last year. The only holiday we managed we had booked a week beforehand when everything seemed to be going OK. Just after we got back the Canaries introduced a test even if you were coming from the mainland, so we just escaped that. I think if anything is arranged it will be last minute again, but I can't see anything in the near future. You may manage Gib Katy ..... no masks there at the mo as well, perhaps we should go when we're able :lol:

I remember the old days of getting to the airport at the very last minute, dashing through passport control to the gate and just joining the end of the queue getting on board. Ahhh ..... those were the days. Mind you, when we flew from Stansted in the 1990s there was only one flight a week to Malaga on a Thursday morning (and the airport was empty) and it cost about 3 times what we pay now!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:46 pm

Moreno said yesterday that depending on the numbers (as always) the meeting next Tuesday will look at opening provincial borders. Whether thats only for the vaccinated is to be seen.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm

If they open the provincial borders it should be for everyone or not at all.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:56 pm

There are no vaccine passports. How are the Guardia going to check if a person is vaccinated or not? How are the Guardia going to check every person anyway? I don't think I will worry about that one, elusive.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:32 pm

You can download your vaccination history from the Salud website. It shows when you were vaccinated and with which vaccine.

The police do not seems to be stopping people at the provincial borders, but if you are stopped you have to show proof of why you are crossing, such as a hospital appointment. The vaccine proof would just be another exemption given some proof that you had been vaccinated.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:13 am

Lavanda wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:56 pm There are no vaccine passports. How are the Guardia going to check if a person is vaccinated or not? How are the Guardia going to check every person anyway? I don't think I will worry about that one, elusive.
Yes i agree. Going to be impossible to police. Supposedly on the salude responde app for andalucia you can bring up your vaccination details.

*edit* didnt see cids post

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:16 am

Sid, do you need a digital certificate/signature to do that ?

Parilla

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:19 am

We will soon have 'a pill' which we can take at home. How will anyone know I have taken the pill ... ... ... unless the pill has a bar code and the Guardia a scanner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... able-year/

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:24 am

Lavanda wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:19 am We will soon have 'a pill' which we can take at home. How will anyone know I have taken the pill ... ... ... unless the pill has a bar code and the Guardia a scanner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... able-year/
Roadside random "Rectal Swab test"?? :D

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:31 am

https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es/se ... VACUNACION

You will need Clave PIN or Digital Certificate

I was told by someone who asked when getting 1st jab that when you get your second jab that the clinic will give you a certificate with dates and also which vaccine you have been given....although I cannot confirm if that is true

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:34 am

My wife has had her second jab and was not given any paperwork.

Sid