Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby katy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 am

Amazing. Sur has everything up, or is it just Malaga province? Hospitalisations and UCI admissions up too.

Just checked it is Malaga province that is up.

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:45 am

Wicksey wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 am As currently those in their 60s are only being offered the AZ one I have friends with health (thrombosis) issues that do not want it, not that they've been offered it yet. I don't know at what stage those in that age group will be offered an alternative.
In the UK, at least, it has been stated that those for whom a covid vaccination is not recommended will not be discriminated against.

However, anyone who refuses a vaccination for no good reason when offered one may well find themselves facing difficulties in the future when it comes to foreign travel.

I understand that Spain is keeping a register of everyone who refuses a covid vaccination. I can't help wondering what that will be used for.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am

katy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 am Amazing. Sur has everything up, or is it just Malaga province? Hospitalisations and UCI admissions up too.

Just checked it is Malaga province that is up.
Nope.....when you isolate Malaga Province figures even they are declining
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 11.48.06.png

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am

I have just read that the Junta may be planning to let vaccinated people across the provincial borders.

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20210 ... 35231.html

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:14 am

I don’t do graphs :mrgreen: check out the banner on Diario Sur. date 22/4
New cases + 5.8%
Admissions + 179. 19.3%
UCI + 32 10.3%

This is what I would be looking at if making a decision as it could mean more restrictions.
Last edited by katy on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 am

katy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:14 am I don’t do graphs :mrgreen: check out the banner on Diario Sur. date 22/4
New cases + 5.8%
Admissions + 179. 19.3%
UCI + 32 19.3%

This is what I would be looking at if making a decision as it could mean more restrictions.
Think I'd rather stick with the official facts from the Junta de Andalucía Webportal where the figures are "prepared by the Ministry of Health and Families in collaboration with the Andalusian Institute of Statistics and Cartography" than a banner on a Newspaper :wink:

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:47 am

firsttango wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am Since when did Government figures become believable and trustworthy. :lol:
firsttango wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:20 am Think I'd rather stick with the official facts from the Junta de Andalucía Webportal where the figures are "prepared by the Ministry of Health and Families in collaboration with the Andalusian Institute of Statistics and Cartography" than a banner on a Newspaper :wink:
Deaths ... UP!
Screenshot_2021-04-23 Informe COVID-19 coronavirus en Andalucía Consejería de Salud y Familias Junta de Andalucía.png
Hospitalizations ... UP!
Screenshot_2021-04-23 Informe COVID-19 coronavirus en Andalucía Consejería de Salud y Familias Junta de Andalucía(1).png
Last edited by steve_w on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Malaga cases are up "lightly" as described officially. Sur is correct for Malaga, tallies with the Junta. If I were planning to fly into Malaga I wouldn't be looking at cases in an area hours away would I. I do think that by mid May there will be a push to normality but there is talk of more curfews in some places next week.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: My mind went blank about a dozen posts ago. I have trouble following a discussion involving statistics about an imaginary fatal virus. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't respond by telling me your wife's mother's sister's eldest son's father-in-law died a horrible death in hospital, etc. so yes, apologies all round but I just couldn't help myself.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 pm

No apology necessary but maybe you should understand that this is not the discussion thread for you. Other threads are available

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Best spontaneous laugh of the week, thank you.
I have started a new thread, actually, about the new speed limits coming in May in Spain.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm

I have deleted a number of off topic posts.

Please stay on topic.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm I am way way down the list for vaccination. I won't get anywhere near any vaccine until after summer. Covid is statistically almost zero danger to me.

I have done my social bit and stayed home etc for the benefit of those in danger. In return for that I get told I cannot travel, whilst those who I do my bit to protect get to party like it's 1999. I thought we were all in this together!
Exactly. I'm in the same boat. This isnt just about teenagers and twenty somethings.And as wicksey says those having A.Z will have to wait intil well into the summer to travel. In the longterm the younger ones will suffer the most from this and the effects on the economy.That's their "punishment" for a minorities behaviour. I would think theres also enough older people who helped to spread it by rushing off to their coastal/campos homes when they shouldnt have been.

And what about those who dont want it or cant have it for a medical reason?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Agree Elusive, it wasn't all about the youth spreading it, more like an equal split.Nurses and doctors included, i know 4 of them and not one stayed away from their families, neither did i if it comes to that and that includes most of the people who live in my village.
I also know that Spanish people didn't all behave themselves either.
People are quick to stab the youth in the back but we were all young once and wild and free, it's very easy for people to blame them and scoff at the way they behave,there is way too much generalising...i'm fed up of this killing your grannie talk...Young people care for their relatives' more than people give them credit for, they have not yet reached the stage of pettiness of the older generation who don't speak to their brother and his family over some petty reason..Life is too short and if the youth want to live it then they deserve to live their youth with the same freedoms which we all enjoyed when we were all young.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:23 pm

I think young people have had a raw deal. No way would I have stuck to rules if I were young. Asking 90% of the population to halt their lives to save people that were already at deaths door.

This is still off topic. Some would like to visit Spain and others see family in the UK., others just go on holiday. Low vaccinations and rising cases doesn’t help.

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 am

On behalf of the relatives and friends of those who have lost their lives to Covid 19, old and young, with underlying health problems and without, I find the comment about "people that were already at deaths door" to be insensitive and offensive.

I accept that people have differing views on the seriousness of the pandemic and are entitled to express their views. However, I believe that this kind of comment, which devalues the lives of the elderly and infirm, is a step too far.

Moderators, please feel free to delete my post if you disagree.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:54 am

I think Katy means that some people on the planet are closer to death's door than others. Katy can stick up for herself but I really do not think she meant it in any offensive way. It's just an expression.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:30 am

I think the UK problem has been caused by Boris setting dates for travel. There seems to be an obsession in the UK with going on holiday when there's many of us here that just want to go to the UK to see family, and vice versa. It's the quarantine and tests there that are a problem for us Spanish residents wanting to go there which I think is the main travel that many of us want to do (not so much me but my OH, and I have many friends desperate to see children/grandchildren). Now that there are other variants he is trying to backtrack and adding caveats to the possibility of making travel simpler.

I think it will be like this for a while, and there's still a chance that numbers may increase in the UK now that things are opening up after a long period of lockdown. Then there's all the plane loads of people that have rushed back there after India went onto the red list, but giving them time to get back before it was put in place. India looks in awful state.

I can't see a time that tests are not required for some time yet. Even if you are vaccinated there's a chance of carrying Covid and I cannot see that there will ever be a time when everyone has been vaccinated which I think is OTT anyway. It's more important to get quick, reliable and cheap tests I think, as the cost of the current system and timing is enough to put me off. We'd spend our whole time away testing!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:35 am

I could have put it differently (insert your own words for it) but stats speak for themselves. Facts speak for themselves. Most had serious underlying issues, many in the last few weeks of their lives. I read recently that only about 30 in UK had no underlying conditions. Deaths are 92% lower than 2 months ago...so back on topic which is what are requirements to travel, is it possible to go somewhere normal :mrgreen:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:41 am

Wicksey, you have made a few posts saying how much you want to go on holiday too. Are people now expected to feel guilty because they want to take a break after 18 months if lockdown?