Getting to airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
farmgirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Getting to airport

Postby farmgirl » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:51 am

I live near Sevilla but have to go to Malaga for a flight. As I’m going for two months a friend was taking me to the airport. Is this 'justified cause' for him leaving his town?
Elaine

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Getting to airport

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Are we still allowed to travel? From the Euroweekly: https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/10/ ... andalucia/
1. Andalucia border closure
From Friday, October 30 to November 9. No one may enter or leave the region except for just cause.

2. Perimeter closure of the provinces of Granada, Jaén and Seville and of all their municipalities
From Friday, October 30 to November 9. No one may enter or leave those municipalities except for just cause.

Justified reasons seem to be for work, hospital etc appointments or caring for a dependent.

Presumably this will be reviewed after 9 November ..... just thinking about my own holiday next month which may not be able to go ahead. Flights seem to be going as normal tomorrow and are still for sale on the airline websites for the next couple of weeks, but not sure if you will be questioned as to whether your trip is 'justified' or not, I don't know..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:08 pm

A Friend dropping you off will not be allowed but a proper taxi will be allowed to leave your area.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Obviously I don't know why the OP is travelling (and I'm not asking), but if it was just for a holiday for example, is that allowed as it isn't a 'justified' reason?

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Hola

Malaga is not in lockdown so it depends whether you or your friend live in one of the lockdown areas. My guess is that Marchena is far enough away from Seville not to be in lockdown but I am not local enough to know definitively

Davexf

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:40 am

By Province do they mean you can travel anywhere in Andalucia except areas with enhanced restrictions? If so, it may not be a problem. Depending on your flight time, you could take the fast train from Marchena to Malaga. I have done this from Seville a few times with the Tarqeta Dorada, so quite cheap and hassle free.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 am

The province of seville is closed off. No in or out unless listed on the exemptions

Seville granada and jaen are all closed. Other areas have restrictions on municipalities. Ie antequera and the surrounding areas listed cannot leave their towns/villages. Anyone on the CDS can move freely within the province bar entering antequera etc. Same in cordoba province. Lots of towns are under restrictions but the province is not closed off.

Re going to the airport i suppose its upto the officer on the check point as you leave the town if you are stopped. It would be Pretty unfair as its not like the airport is 20 mins away to say get a taxi.. best bet is prob the train like said above
Last edited by elusive on Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:49 am

But the whole of Andalucía is closed, not just the provinces within it. Not sure if you can open this but it says that you cannot leave the region of Andalucía unless it's for justified reasons. So far only Galicia and Valencia and parts of Extremadura are not closed.

Closed borders- How can I travel in or from Spain right now? : Most regions in Spain have announced they will close their borders over the long All Saints’ weekend and keep the restrictions in place for longer. But are there exceptions? And what if you live in a region without restrictions and want to travel to another unaffected part of the country or abroad? Read full article at: https://www.thelocal.es/20201029/closed ... -right-now

From SurinEnglish http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20201 ... 02013.html
The regional government is to close the borders of Andalucía from midnight on Thursday (12am on Friday 30 October) for ten days, until 9 November. No one will be permitted to leave or enter the region unless they have a valid reason.

Not sure at what point you are checked :think: From purely selfish reasons I am interested if this should continue beyond the 9th as it puts my own holiday in jeopardy.

Gardenofengland
Tourist

Postby Gardenofengland » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am

Thanks Wicksey good information. We are in a difficult situation due to take the ferry to Santander 30th November with a stopover near Valladolid then down for our winter stay in Almuñécar. With a brief flight back to UK for Christmas so we don't go over 90 days, all booked ....we were prepared to risk another lockdown like last March at least the balcony is sunny! but we are now resigned to it not happening this year. But we are able to move our travel dates, nice as Santander is it's the sun we want.
Last edited by Gardenofengland on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gardenofengland
Tourist

Postby Gardenofengland » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:30 am

Thanks Wicksey good information. We are in a difficult situation due to take the ferry to Santander 30th November with a stopover near Valladolid then down for our winter stay in Almuñécar. With a brief flight back to UK for Christmas so we don't go over 90 days, all booked ....we were prepared to risk another lockdown like last March at least the balcony is sunny! but we are now resigned to it not happening this year. But fingers crossed we are able to move our travel dates, nice as Santander is it's the sun we want.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:37 am

I saw on the Spanish news last night pictures of the police with road blocks but I'm not sure if this will be applied at airports to question the motives of people flying!

I have a friend currently in transit I believe to his house here by camper van, so I'm not sure how he's faring. I know they have done this closure for over a week as I think some regions have another bank holiday on the 8th. Whether things will be relaxed after that or not we'll have to wait and see. I would guess that something will be put in place for the big puente weekend of 6-8 December, the rate we are going.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:35 am

I'm due to fly to SVQ from UK next month. The flight arrives late so I've no option but to hire a car to drive to Cadiz province which should see me arrive home before the 11pm curfew kicks in. I'll be travelling alone and arriving after 9th November so would be grateful for any thoughts on what difficulties (legal or otherwise!) I might encounter with this itinerary.

Saludos

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:47 am

But the whole of Andalucía is closed, not just the provinces within it. Not sure if you can open this but it says that you cannot leave the region of Andalucía unless it's for justified reasons. So far only Galicia and Valencia and parts of Extremadura are not closed.
-----‐------------
The O.P wants to go from near seville to malaga airport so the andalucian border been shut isnt an issue. the airport is open for flights etc. Its the road borders unless you come under the exemptions list.
Last edited by elusive on Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:50 am

Gardenofengland wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am Thanks Wicksey good information. We are in a difficult situation due to take the ferry to Santander 30th November with a stopover near Valladolid then down for our winter stay in Almuñécar. With a brief flight back to UK for Christmas so we don't go over 90 days, all booked ....we were prepared to risk another lockdown like last March at least the balcony is sunny! but we are now resigned to it not happening this year. But we are able to move our travel dates, nice as Santander is it's the sun we want.
90 days doesnt start till 1st of jan 2021 presuming you are a uk national.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 am

Screagle wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:35 am I'm due to fly to SVQ from UK next month. The flight arrives late so I've no option but to hire a car to drive to Cadiz province which should see me arrive home before the 11pm curfew kicks in. I'll be travelling alone and arriving after 9th November so would be grateful for any thoughts on what difficulties (legal or otherwise!) I might encounter with this itinerary.

Saludos
If you are going home then just keep paper work proving it.showing that you have just arrived on a flight etc. You are allowed to cross areas if you are going to your habitual residence. I believe aslong as you dont stop! Whether a guardia will take issue if its a holiday home your guess is as good as mine :crazy:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:21 pm

elusive wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:47 am But the whole of Andalucía is closed, not just the provinces within it. Not sure if you can open this but it says that you cannot leave the region of Andalucía unless it's for justified reasons. So far only Galicia and Valencia and parts of Extremadura are not closed.
-----‐------------
The O.P wants to go from near seville to malaga airport so the andalucian border been shut isnt an issue. the airport is open for flights etc. Its the road borders unless you come under the exemptions list.
Seville province is shut so won't they need a justified reason to be travelling to Malaga?
So no problem flying out of Andalucia :think: , although for me that involves flying to another region of Spain which I thought I wouldn't be able to do (I cannot cross to the Canaries by road :lol: ). It's all so complicated :crazy: Let's hope it doesn't continue after the 9 Nov!

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks, elusive - I'll make sure I have my SpTH declaration, NIE and boarding pass to hand. I was able to book a hire car without a problem. Also the last time I drove the tolls around Las Cabezas de San Juan had been removed so no stopping there then! I wonder if that was COVID-19 related...

Saludos

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 am

Malaga airport last night was very very quiet but no extra security asking questions re entering Andalucia. I was third in line for passport and straight through health check. Landing to train station in under 20 minutes.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:01 am

Sounds like they're not policing it so vigilantly as before, although perhaps today may be different. During full lockdown there were police everywhere and regular roadblocks. Sounds like your journey here went well costakid. It is lovely to have the airports so quiet, as we found!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:15 am

I am not sure how representative his thoughts are of the police and guardia civil in general but I have a friend who says that he and his colleagues are sick and fed up with the orders that keep on coming from both the central and regional governments. I am increasingly unable to get 23F out of my mind.