Getting to airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Getting to airport

Postby elusive » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:37 pm

I would expect them ,like everyone else to be fed up with the whole thing by now. Theres nothing worse than pen pushers behind desks making up rules that in reality are difficult to inforce and make those having to do the enforcing look like stupid jobs worths

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 pm

costakid wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 am Malaga airport last night was very very quiet but no extra security asking questions re entering Andalucia. I was third in line for passport and straight through health check. Landing to train station in under 20 minutes.
Maybe all our borders should have been closed a long time ago according to this if it’s true.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/30/covid-st ... -13505716/

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:16 pm

I am sure you are right. Europe is, I imagine, fairly unique in having an annual migration from grey cold countries to hot , sunny countries in the South. Be it by plane, car, train, bus the opportunity to pick up and then spread back home is immense. Plus as the article says bring back a different strain.

Don’t know what the answer is. We need to go back to UK for family reasons end of Nov for a few weeks. We have had to can it. I can see both UK and Spain being in greater measures ( lockdown by any other name).

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:36 am

After Thursday travel out of the UK is banned unless for business reasons. I guess you would have prove its a business trip.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 am

You can also leave the UK at any time to return to your habitual residence.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Can you really see the police checking at airports!??

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:55 pm

A lot of flights to and from the UK will be cancelled after the 4th I've read. I think easyJet say they're only operating 30% of flights, but people currently away will need to be taken back and business travel is still allowed.

There's talk now of a further lockdown here but I'm just going to wait and see what happens when this current period of restrictions is over. I don't relish not being able to travel.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:15 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:26 pm Can you really see the police checking at airports!??
No, easier to single out a few students wandering round the streets.
However all those who agree with lockdown and restrictions wouldn’t want to be breaking the rules...would they :?:

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Hola

Back on track; I took a friend to Malaga airport yesterday and while the departures was busy, the arrivals was not with only 6 people waiting! Another friend arrived saying there were very few people on the flight from the UK.
Today I collected another friend from Gibraltar airport and was told that security was lighter than usual but the flight was three quarters full

Davexf

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:56 pm

They are all flying into gib to "avoid"quarantine :wink: :shh: :think: :lol:

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 am

I need to fly to the UK in 16 days time to relieve my sister of caring duties for my very ill mother, how I am supposed to prove the reason for my journey, should I be stopped by Guardia Civil en-route, I don't know. I will be leaving my residence in Granada province and passing through Cordoba province and on to Malaga Airport.

I've already had an earlier EasyJet flight cancelled which I have no re-scheduled for Jan 2021. My next flight will be with Ryanair but they state they will not refund flyers if you can't make it to the airport if the flight is still on, even despite Covid regulation, but will allow free re-schedule for a future flight.

Terry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:54 am

The current Spanish restrictions are to be reviewed after the 9th I guess, so who knows what will be happening as to whether we'll have travel restrictions relaxed. I would think the more difficult part is to get your flight back to the UK as it looks like many will again be cancelled, plus the need to quarantine on arrival. It's a difficult situation for you I know. My sister in law has been left to look after my father in law since March, although luckily he has been improving and is now doing very well, but we are are very aware that she has had to deal with everything there.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Davexf

Good to read your post about picking up from GIB. Out of interest how was the drive there and back from Chiclana?

Having had my SVQ flights cancelled by Ryanair I'm now considering re-routing via GIB and hiring a car from over the border. The last time I did the journey from GIB to home by public transport, over elelven years ago, it took three bus changes! Although not urgent (yet!) I hoping to get my next business trip done and dusted before the December puente.

Saludos

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Hola

An easy drive to Gibraltar; there are no restrictions currently; my younger friend (with a back pack only) had instructions to walk out of the airport to the border (50 metres), cross the border and I will be there waiting. The car journey both ways was easy with very light traffic

Davexf

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:25 am

Thanks for that, Davexf - I'm just going to sit tight for now and see how local restrictions pan out.

Saludos

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:56 am

Just an update to my previous post.

Our flight to the UK on 18th November with Ryanair was cancelled. I have re-scheduled free and brought the flight forward to 15th which was one of their options, so far the flight is still on. My brother and his wife who live in the Alpujarras returned from their 3 week caring stint on Saturday, they flew with EasyJets very last flight to Malaga from Liverpool, Easyjets next scheduled flight to and from Malaga/Liverpool are from the 19th December.

We have intention of breaking quarantine as my mother needs 24/7 care and is based at home, there are also other professional carers visiting twice a day. We already did one of our caring stints back in September.

If the flight is still on I hope proof of our flight info plus the 'health declaration' form enables us to get to the airport OK should we be stopped by the Guardia Civil.

terry

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:47 pm

What a dilemma, i do hope your flight gets away and you manage to get to the airport unrestricted.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:38 pm

@Telboy ... are you booked on 14.40 Ryanair Manchester flight on 15th ? I'm booked on that one after EasyJet cancelled on me, or is it another flight?

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Pamela1 - Thanks, I hope so.

Benal Pirate - No I'm on the 16.50 to Liverpool with Ryanair. I opted for a voucher for my cancelled EasyJet flight to Liverpool and was looking to use it mid January to do a similar journey for the same purpose but there seems to be no flights until February.

terry

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Cheers Telboy....another option for me should mine be cancelled