Travelling to Gibraltar and back into Andalucia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
pensure1988
Resident

Travelling to Gibraltar and back into Andalucia

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:02 am

I am confused. Just seen the EWN article on page 40 " Can I travel to Gibraltar" wherein the National Police in La Linea confirm that ONLY essential travel across the Border is being permitted and that travel documentation will be required.

I was down there on Monday and there was no problems at the Border whatsoever, going in or coming out later. I went to Main Street and Morrisons to some shopping.

Please can someone clarify the above situation.

Thank You.

David

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travelling to Gibraltar and back into Andalucia

Postby Wicksey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:30 am

I posted this (below) on another thread about getting to the airport. The advice clearly says we should not be leaving Andalucia, and in some cases provinces within the region. However, I think in reality it is not being policed as vigilantly as it was during lockdown. I have seen some police at roundabouts and on the motorway there are warnings of police controls due to the state of alarm. (Personally, I am not risking being sent back home when I try to get to the airport so I am going to cancel my flights to the Canaries as it seems the Government is talking about more restrictions in the coming weeks.)

"Closed borders- How can I travel in or from Spain right now? : Most regions in Spain have announced they will close their borders over the long All Saints’ weekend and keep the restrictions in place for longer. But are there exceptions? And what if you live in a region without restrictions and want to travel to another unaffected part of the country or abroad? Read full article at: https://www.thelocal.es/20201029/closed ... -right-now

From SurinEnglish http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20201 ... 02013.html
The regional government is to close the borders of Andalucía from midnight on Thursday (12am on Friday 30 October) for ten days, until 9 November. No one will be permitted to leave or enter the region unless they have a valid reason."

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:59 am

Not sure how well it is policed as friend got the tunnel last weekend from UK and drove through France to Spain and never got stopped once. Straight through Paris and no police. Then you hear completely different stories about control points all over Andalucia.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:09 am

Hi Wicksey

Thank for the information. Your two links do not work giving error 404 " page not found"

Thanks

David

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:26 pm