UK to EU ban

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK to EU ban

Postby katy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:20 am

According to diario Sur Spain has banned all flights from UK, couldn’t read the full text. If so makes no difference if you are Spanish or resident they can’t get to Spain.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:20 am

Do you have the link to this article please?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:58 am

Actually in El Mundo. The link is to their daily rolling diary. Scroll down to time at 7.49

Espana suspende Desde hoy los vuelos procedentes del Reino Unido por la nueva Cepa de Covid.

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/ ... b475e.html

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:29 pm

So Spain may as well say the expensive tests which people are having to take in order to be allowed into Spain are useless.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Surely the tests are useless anyway? By the time the person gets their result they could have contracted Corona Virus. Just by virtue that they are mobile , mixing going to have a test then sit in a packed metal tube for three hours.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Spain suspended flights for non res/nationals around 15.00 yesterday. My family member had a PCR test sat morning got put into tier 4 in the afternoon,got his negative result 1am monday morning for a tues morn flight and then flights were suspended monday afternoon. Most expensive 120 quid piece of paper he has ever paid for!!

And to sum it up i see el gordo was won in caceres. I bought one there in october so abit of excitment for 20 secs until i check my numbers and as normal i dont even win my money back!! Well at least im not a primafrio lorry driver stuck at dover!! Poor bleepers.
Last edited by elusive on Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:11 pm

katy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:58 am Actually in El Mundo. The link is to their daily rolling diary. Scroll down to time at 7.49

Espana suspende Desde hoy los vuelos procedentes del Reino Unido por la nueva Cepa de Covid.

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/ ... b475e.html
Yes you should have read the full text of the article, rather than just the headline. The next line said it was still allowing residents and citizens to fly.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:29 pm So Spain may as well say the expensive tests which people are having to take in order to be allowed into Spain are useless.
Yeah...pretty much! French Govt. said this morning that the reason they are suspending travel from the UK was to put in place a testing protocol. Spain has a testing protocol and then says we cancel anyway!

I think the main virus that is spreading is the Flip Flop politics of Boris. Just put Angela in charge of everything!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:13 pm

So how do residents fly if flights are suspended. :crazy: This is one of the reasons I don't do links much because of smart asses.
Seems that this strain that is claimed problematic may already around the world. The UK has become the fall guy because their Scientists are more advanced than most places
Harvard epidemiologist William Hanage says it is likely other countries have the variant as well, noting the United Kingdom may have picked it up first as we have “the most sophisticated SARS-CoV-2 genomic monitoring in the world”. Yet we are being handed down a heavy sanction for our world class genomic surveillance.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:26 pm

They could take Flight number U26035 with Easyjet which as I write is in the air between Bristol and Madrid.

This one of the reasons I do like to see a link to a story so then I can read it all in Spanish and not just the line taken out of context.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:34 pm

This is what I linked to at 7.49 am. I can't update links. My Spanish is perfect thanks. Now bog off.

España, de manera conjunta con Portugal, suspende los vuelos de entrada procedentes del Reino Unido desde este martes, aunque permitirá la entrada de ciudadanos españoles o residentes en España. También reforzará el control fronterizo en Gibraltar, según informó ayer Moncloa.

Así se acordó tras la reunión del mecanismo de crisis de la Unión Europea, que ayer analizó los efectos de la nueva cepa del coronavirus detectada en el Reino Unido, y pidió que se eviten los viajes no esenciales.

España había decidido esperar a que la Unión Europea estudiara la forma de reaccionar de forma conjunta ante esta nueva cepa, antes de tomar una decisión unilateral sobre la entrada de personas desde el Reino Unido, a pesar de que hasta 15 países europeos habían adoptado ya medidas al respecto. La decisión de España se adoptó de manera concertada con Portugal y supondrá también un reforzamiento de los controles en el paso fronterizo de Gibraltar. España también suspende sus vuelos y Reino Unido queda aislado a causa de la nueva cepa de coronavirus

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:55 pm

I never doubted how perfect you Spanish is, please tell me where I did?

However you took the line out of context by leaving out the second line the first line was misleading. It used to be that someone down the pub would sprout some rubbish and never get called out on it. Then the intenet came along and the same people did the same on the Internet. Then politicians started to copy them and we ended up with Donald and Boris who just sprout complete lies and have no shame when they are called out on lies. They just tell people to bog off when they get called out on a lie.

So I make no apology for pointing out that your post that all flights from the UK were stopped was not correct, if you are doubting it just track Flight U26035

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Entry restrictions for non nationals/ residents by air and sea extended until 18.00 on the 5th january. on gov.uk site

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Well Pumpkin take it up with el mundo. Most of the bar room stuff on here we hear from you. I posted what I read, as I said before bog off and that is my polite mode.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Please provide some evidence of where I was factually incorrect and I will happily recant. You have provided evidence of where you were incorrect, as people rely on advice given here, so please stick to the facts :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Its Christmas, lets all be nice

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Agreed. Now is not the time for petty arguments.

If you want to fight it out please do it by PM.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:14 pm

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:26 pm

Nothing we didn’t already know. I was hoping we would be added as a third country that could enter Spain.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:29 pm

I believe but maybe wrong that it was advisory before. But now its been agreed into "law"