Don't bring meat sandwiches into Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Don't bring meat sandwiches into Spain

Postby katy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 pm

Oh well if you want to show what an idiot you are I suggest you join the Brexit thread because my life is too short to stuff a mushroom. Here you are. Plenty of like minded people on here. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38961

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 pm

OOOOOhhhh name calling when you hear a fact that you don'tlike and can't refute. Is that you Donald? You got kicked of Twitter and you try here instead?

You may have failed to notice but the thread is about Brexit and food......but nonetheless I am the idiot?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Back to hamgate. The profile given to a ham sandwich just reflects the dissapointment by the media who have Been hanging around Calais looking for chaos and found none. Let's stage something.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:38 pm

Cut out this squabbling now.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:05 am

If anyone is interested here is the source of the story from Dutch TV at the port at the Hook of Holland, which is in Holland. In short they went to film a report on how customs is coping with Brexit.

https://eenvandaag.avrotros.nl/item/naa ... na-brexit/

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 am

It's not just ham sandwiches that are experiencing problems. Food shortages in Northern Ireland also. Even though Northern Ireland is still in a transition period to the full rules, even under the relaxed rules there are problems

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55641544

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 am

I have to say the whole thing looked staged. If it was for dutch tv why was it shown in the UK? Because they are looking for stories to stir up trouble . Probably leaked by the Sun or Daily Mail originally.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am

It was filmed and broadcast on Dutch TV and the UK media picked up on it. Of course in a way it is staged...all TV is staged as the people know the cameras are there. If you watch the whole report it is about all aspects of Brexit and the Dutch customs, just the UK media picked up on one aspect not reporting anything of the rest of the report or even mentioning the source.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 am

costakid wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 am I have to say the whole thing looked staged. If it was for dutch tv why was it shown in the UK? Because they are looking for stories to stir up trouble . Probably leaked by the Sun or Daily Mail originally.
The press have block bookings in Calais hotels. The Guardian and BBC are miffed because nothing bad to report. Would be interesting to know which UK news broke the story. The truck load of strawberries detained in UK was never picked up by most of the media.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm

costakid wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 pm I wonder, will I still be able to bring a spicy Chorizo back from Spain in my hand luggage.
It looks as if the UK has not banned dairy and meat products from the UK .

This site was updated on 21 Dec 2020
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/personal-fo ... %20reasons

This one was updated on 31 Dec 2020 and buried within a link within it is the link above, it also has an html and pdf version of the documentation on this page
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -to-the-uk

So costakid, you’ll be able to bring your chorizo, back to the UK and we’ll continue to bring morcilla, queso de Cabrales and Pascual butter – whenever we’re next allowed to travel…..

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 pm OOOOOhhhh name calling when you hear a fact that you don'tlike and can't refute. Is that you Donald? You got kicked of Twitter and you try here instead?

You may have failed to notice but the thread is about Brexit and food......but nonetheless I am the idiot?
I belong to another forum and a member using the name Katy was kicked off that. Not saying the same person, but the posting do appear similar.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 pm

Back on topic please.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:24 am

Correct Brinsham. Was SPI but quite a few of us were kicked off at the same time as the site was full of agents selling dodgy off plan property and it didn’t fit in with the sites aims. :lolno: Just googled some 2008 posts when thousands were caught up in court cases. Still in touch with one who was banned at the same time. Spanish fora are quite incestuous aren’t they. Thanks, nice to look back, wonder what happened to those posters.

If anyone wants a link I will provide it. I think Clare, Charlie, Ubeda and myself saved some a lot of hassle with our advice. :mrgreen:

How’s the Brit food going. Anyone remember living in Spain when there wasn’t any? I used to buy some foodstuffs from the Naffi in Gibraltar.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 pm

im missing the new zealand lamb i get from Morrissons in Gibraltar already.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm

I see the "english style bacon" is back in lidl (it is dutch after all) - but it is re-packaged in the UK.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 09, 2021 4:59 pm

We went to Arkwright's in Puente don Manuel the other week and their shelves were pretty fully stocked. Russell's on Torrox Costa has got a bit more in, chilled and frozen things seem to be from Ireland. No Bird's Eye or Co-Op goods last time we went. I don't usually buy that much Brit stuff but I've reawakened my penchant for Bird's Eye chicken pies since lockdown :)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun May 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Russells had some big NZ lamb legs last week. I bought one for our postponed Easter lunch party!

Sid