No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Mobylette63
Andalucia.com Amigo

No tourists until after summer

Postby Mobylette63 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:05 pm

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am

Well if that’s the case it will be like the 70s when there was only a few bars and restaurants. Impossible for business to survive 18 months with little or no customers.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am

Another point which I am sure Beach will confirm . It is not up to the prime minister alone, it must go to a vote and I cant see that getting through parliament.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 am

This links in with the EU Common Pass.

The EU are hoping to agree the standards for the pass by the end of January. QR codes here we come.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 pm

I agree costakid. I'm glad i didn't have any hair brain ideas about buying a bar or restaurant in Spain, i wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
I hope that they still allow in people if they have been tested, OTH desperately wants to see his father and worries about the what ifs as you do when you have a 94yr old parent. We shall see how it pans out.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 pm

I did read about the Eu having a meeting yesterday to discuss the idea of vaccine certificates to allow people in but they were not all in agreement it seemed. France was one amongst a few others who did not like the idea especially as the vaccine has been made non compulsory in their own countries, i think they have some way to go to come to an agreement.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Yes, Germany talking about going it alone and closing their border.

Mobylette63
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mobylette63 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:33 pm

Its not great as I have paid a deposit on a house..I have agreed to extend for another 6 months but I’m having second thoughts now..

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Mobbylette, i can understand your concerns and frustration ,this past year has been awful..Having a property in Spain as we do which we can't get to is very disheartening, not to mention the worry and the frustration of not being there to do the things which need attending to, by the time the end of the summer comes it will have been occupied for one week out of the last 18mnths.Meanwhile the bills need paying and the land needs maintaining..However putting all that to one side what gets to me more than anything is covid is robbing us of the reason why we bought the property so that we could enjoy the last quality years of our lives.Time is passing us by. If age is on your side then you will have the time to wait it out.. :wave:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 pm

With the combination of Covid and Brexit only a blindly optimistic Brit would buy anywhere in Europe.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:52 pm

There is alot in what you say Peter, no doubt we will wait it out, or my OTH will insist we will :lol: his heart rules his head, it's his homeland and after spending many years here in the UK im not going to argue with that.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:16 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 pm With the combination of Covid and Brexit only a blindly optimistic Brit would buy anywhere in Europe.
What about the 1000s who have a home already? We are all in now and me for one doesn’t want out. Its a real pain in the Ar++ but it is what it is. I am glad I travelled in 2020 when i could and suffered the quarantine periods in UK.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:10 pm

You are absolutley right costaskid...It is a real pain in the ass...We also travelled in 2020 and did the quarantine whether other people thought we were being iresponsible or not..We are all responsible for ourselves and i did everything i could to not endanger myself or others...If i have to do it again then i will, my choice.
I do know that for some brits resident in Spain that this works both ways...Especialy those who have the same dilemma as hubby and there will be many with parents and some with grown up children/grandchildren here in the Uk.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 pm Mobbylette, i can understand your concerns and frustration ,this past year has been awful..Having a property in Spain as we do which we can't get to is very disheartening, not to mention the worry and the frustration of not being there to do the things which need attending to, by the time the end of the summer comes it will have been occupied for one week out of the last 18mnths.Meanwhile the bills need paying and the land needs maintaining..However putting all that to one side what gets to me more than anything is covid is robbing us of the reason why we bought the property so that we could enjoy the last quality years of our lives.Time is passing us by. If age is on your side then you will have the time to wait it out.. :wave:
Your last para must hit true with a lot of people whether they own property (s) in other countries or not. I read somewhere that the ages of 65 to 70 should be the happiest times of your life. The logic being you havent got children problems, should be financially solvent and crucially still healthy enough to travel or do things. Bad luck if you are in that age group during this pandemic but if you are over 70 it doesnt matter as you are over the hill.

Also bad luck for any of us with elderly relatives living in a different country.

Mobylette63
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mobylette63 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:51 pm Mobbylette, i can understand your concerns and frustration ,this past year has been awful..Having a property in Spain as we do which we can't get to is very disheartening, not to mention the worry and the frustration of not being there to do the things which need attending to, by the time the end of the summer comes it will have been occupied for one week out of the last 18mnths.Meanwhile the bills need paying and the land needs maintaining..However putting all that to one side what gets to me more than anything is covid is robbing us of the reason why we bought the property so that we could enjoy the last quality years of our lives.Time is passing us by. If age is on your side then you will have the time to wait it out.. :wave:
We were lucky that we sold our Mallorca property in September 2019 so we are lucky in that sense

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Yes,you are in a good place having managed to sell in 2019. a relative also sold during that time, not because they were done with Spain, far from it, it was a mixture of age, brexit and uncertainty. It was a decision which they didn't take lightly and when it was gone she kept saying that she didn't know if they had done the right thing, i know they would have hung on longer if all the cards on the table stacked up, perhaps now they might feel relieved.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Olive, earlier today i asked my eldest son who is 37 a question.. at what age do you consider people are getting old? He said 75..then he followed up with an example.. Trump :lol: he's almost 75, flies all over the world, never off the golf course and he looks fit enough. There is still hope,i might a have a few more quality years than i thought i had, time will tell. :wink:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 pm

:thumbup:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Bit more on common pass ( vaccine passport) for EU

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/01 ... -of-travel

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 pm

But what happens if UK vaccine passes are deemed invalid because the vaccine was not given in 2 doses at the timescale on which the authorisation for the vaccine was authorised.

Sid