No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:20 pm

Dominic Lopecas wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:03 pm Spanish tourism industry would never be the same some areas will not recover after the Coronavirus pandemic;
1. None EU and EU residents find unacceptable Bank charges.
2. The Utilities cost are well out of proportions with the rest of EU
3. Direct taxes for a pensioner aren't in lane with the rest of Europe, as most of EXPAT leaving in Spain do have to declare all income and the majority that the do have a annual income over €12000. do get a massive tax-bill of 20% of their income from Agencia Tributaria.
At this moment in time most EXPAT that I have deal with are contemplating leaving Spain for ever, but large majority are set into a negative equity as the property has collapsed.
What a load of negative rubbish!

I have lived here for over 20 years and never paid any bank charges.

Yes, utilities, especially electricity are high but local taxes are far lower than the UK.

Income tax for pensioners (which most Expats are) are about the same as the UK unless they have high incomes which most do not.

Negative equity? What are you talking about. Negative equity is when you owe more on your house than it is worth, usually because you have a mortgage. Of all the very many Expats that I know, that are residents, not one of them has a mortgage on their Spanish home and they are certainly not thinking about leaving Spain because of that reason.

Please get you facts right before posting on this forum.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:43 pm

3rd country ban...is that non EU? So you mean nobody from outside the EU (except the safe countries for example Singapore and Australia) can come to Spain?

So nobody from the UK until June (except Spanisn residents etc)?

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Thu May 06, 2021 10:40 am

I'm told we can't fly into Spain from UK until June. Is that right?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu May 06, 2021 11:26 am

At the moment the restriction on non-residents coming here is until 31 May. If you have have residencia you can come in. Not sure when the ban on leaving the UK finishes .... is it still 17 May?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:26 pm

Spain will no doubt be on the amber list so even if Spain was open i doubt many people will be interested. The expense and the hassel would be too off putting when they can holiday somewhere on a green list, even then it's not hassle free and cost effective for many.

I have wondered if this will be the start of people breaking old habits. It's happened before, countries go in and out of fashion with travellers and holiday makers, the usual year in and year out travellers to Spain who may opt for a different destination on the green list might just like it enough to change their travelling habits, who knows, covid has changed many things.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 pm

They will all be at the border in Gib trying to sneak in!!

Theres not many countries at the mo that will prob make the green list so theres not many options.people will prob just leave it until as late as possible before booking anything. People want to get put here to see family etc. Family members are gonna wait until sept and go from there.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu May 06, 2021 5:05 pm

If they cross the border at Gib before the Gib/Spain deal is signed off then the UK passport will get stamped by Spanish immigration. That will be a tough one to deny when they land back in the UK....so they will get treated like they have been in Spain in terms of quarantine etc

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm

I meant sneaking in while the non resident ban is still inforce more than anything else.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sat May 08, 2021 9:47 am

I'm a little confused. Had a flight booked with Ryanair to Malaga 24th. May. This was cancelled and moved to flight on 21st. May. To my knowledge cannot enter Spain till 1st. June but flight appears to be still on.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat May 08, 2021 9:57 am

Yes you can enter if you’re a resident. That’s why there are flights. If not it may be a very quick visit!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 am

Gruff, i know Ryanair are allowing people to move their flights to different dates without being charged a fee. If the fare is higher on the new flight date then you have to pay the difference, they do not give you a refund if the fare is less. :wink: They do stipulate that you must make the changes 7 days before the flight departure.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat May 08, 2021 7:10 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:05 pm If they cross the border at Gib before the Gib/Spain deal is signed off then the UK passport will get stamped by Spanish immigration. That will be a tough one to deny when they land back in the UK....so they will get treated like they have been in Spain in terms of quarantine etc
On radio today there's no entrance to Gib unless you are a Gib National or work there. So you wont just land there and walk to the border crossing.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 pm

https://www.visitgibraltar.gi/covid-19

Yeah thats true. But will they change it in time for boris's green light? Or is he keeping that little detail quiet?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 pm

Without checking all of the list quite a few won't accept arrivals from the UK. So Boris says you can go....but they won't let you in to
Australia
New Zealand
Singapore

There is an EU 3rd country ban also which for example Spain is enforcing but not sure about Portugal or Malta.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 pm

Well, every indication my flight on 21st. May is still on.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 10, 2021 3:36 pm

gruff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 pm Well, every indication my flight on 21st. May is still on.
There will be flights but only for Spanish residents. Neighbours flew in and out of the UK recently but they had paperwork to prove they are Spanish residents. They won't let you in without it.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 pm

Well, I would like to tell Ryanair that. I'm not aware on Ryanair or British Airways sites there is any mention of residents only.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 pm

gruff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 pm Well, I would like to tell Ryanair that. I'm not aware on Ryanair or British Airways sites there is any mention of residents only.
No but British Airways have a big disclaimer regarding travel restrictions on their Booking site

"Each passenger is responsible for checking and conforming with the entry and exit requirements at their arrival and return destinations. If you have made a booking on behalf of someone else, you must provide them with this information. Requirements may include temperature checks, proof of negative PCR COVID-19 tests or completion of forms. Please be aware that if you fail to comply with these requirements you may not be able to travel or be allowed to enter your destination".

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm

The BA has a link to the gov.uk site here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/in ... quirements
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
and if you enter Spain in the search box:
Entry restrictions and requirements continue to apply for travel to Spain and only those who are legally resident or who are travelling for essential reasons will be allowed to enter. Entry for tourism purposes is not currently permitted.

On Ryanair the Covid travel update banner has a link to different countries' information. Under Spain there is a link for travel from the UK:
http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados ... 3%b1a.aspx
Part of it reads: Since Brexit, the UK is considered a non-EU country, therefore, according to the Orden INT/420/2021.
- British citizens (as 3rd country nationals) can't travel to Spain at the moment, in general terms.
- EU citizens and their relatives -including British ones-, can.