No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue May 11, 2021 3:12 pm

After having a mooch on the App it also shows my address, asked for my email address and contains appointments - it shows a future hospital appointment of mine.

If applicable you can also order repeat prescriptions.

Password access required and also has secondary security code via text.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Thanks Benal.
A bit of good news? From the Telegraph.
Spain plans to waive its PCR testing requirement for British visitors from May 20, if the UK's Covid infection rates allow.

"[British holidaymakers] could come from May 20 onwards without a PCR if the incidence rates are below the range currently under review, which is around 50 [cases per 100,000 people]", Spain's tourism minister Maria Reyes Maroto told reporters after a weekly cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

Ms Reyes Maroto said during a visit to Alicante on Monday that she thought Britons would be permitted to visit Spain for a holiday from next week.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi Benal Pirate,I downloaded the app last week, everything as you said, minus the need for passport and the app certainly didn't take my pic.. I can see medical records, order prescriptions etc.Which app did you download? there are two...covid19 or the general nhs app. For travel it's the general nhs app when it starts. I don't have the nhs covid19 app so i wouldn't know what is required.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Sounds good Katy, now just need to be able to return without having to have so many tests and self isolate.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 11, 2021 4:09 pm

The vaccination certificate from Andalucia Salud has a QR code and gives your name, NIE, NUHSA number and vaccine date.

What the official EU version will look like I know not.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Just heard a snippet on the car radio. UK When you download the app it has to be all confirmed by your surgery which can take a couple of hours to authenticate. For those without a smartphone dial 119 and you will be sent a paper copy.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue May 11, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi Pamela

Pretty sure it is the general NHS App. Blue in colour opens up with "how are you feeling today?" with "continue with NHS login?" below.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue May 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Surprised they're not charging £19.84 for the App :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 11, 2021 4:49 pm

katy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:22 pm Thanks Benal.
A bit of good news? From the Telegraph.
Spain plans to waive its PCR testing requirement for British visitors from May 20, if the UK's Covid infection rates allow.

"[British holidaymakers] could come from May 20 onwards without a PCR if the incidence rates are below the range currently under review, which is around 50 [cases per 100,000 people]", Spain's tourism minister Maria Reyes Maroto told reporters after a weekly cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

Ms Reyes Maroto said during a visit to Alicante on Monday that she thought Britons would be permitted to visit Spain for a holiday from next week.
Things seem to be changing rapidly now. It didn't seem that long ago that they extended the ban on non residents from the UK coming here. If they say you don't need the PCR test that's a huge change.

Unless the UK changes it's traffic light system though it's still a hassle going back with tests and quarantine. Seems a bit up in the air at the moment. The worst thing is if the UK changes the requirements at short notice for those already away. Not sure if the finishing of the state of alarm here will make any difference to the figures. Moreno seems to be saying he wants to reintroduce the curfew and earlier closing times after the city centres became so crowded at the weekend.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Yes good points Wicksey. I don't want to swop one lockdown for another. I just want normal.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Benal Pirate wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:25 pm Hi Pamela

Pretty sure it is the general NHS App. Blue in colour opens up with "how are you feeling today?" with "continue with NHS login?" below.
Yes that's the one, it didn't ask for a passport when i did it and neither did the app take a pic, strange.. :?

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 pm

The NHS APP i now showing my Covid Vaccine history, ie. date given, name of vaccine and batch number.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Yes mine also, didn't realise that people have until sept to make their choice about their data being shared with research and planning..Why the time limit..

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue May 18, 2021 10:43 am

The NHS APP now has a "Share your covid 19 status - View and share proof of your covid 19 status for travel". Much the same data a the covid vaccination page (well it would be wouldn't it). But also has one if those square bar codes for scanning and an expiration date. My expiration date is 2 days prior to my next planned visit but I haven't had my second jab yet.We may need to keep getting jabbed to move on the expiry date.Sneaky.

Media over here in the UK suggesting this app may allow travel within EU without quarantine.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Tue May 18, 2021 11:17 am

Expiration date on mine is 21st. June 21. had my second jab weeks ago.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue May 18, 2021 12:34 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:12 pm
Benal Pirate wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:25 pm Hi Pamela

Yes that's the one, it didn't ask for a passport when i did it and neither did the app take a pic, strange.. :?
It must have already had some data. It asked for a photo from me.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:10 pm

I'm not sure, maybe it already had data, i just know i didn't need to have a photo.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue May 18, 2021 5:45 pm

I’ve just checked mine - it has an expiry date of 20th June 2021. I hade my 2 nd of April.
I also had to take my photo and a security video shot on my iPad so they could verify my identity.
It’s not going to last too long. I’m due to leave Spain again 3rd July .

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:45 pm

What is the expiry date for? what does it mean?

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue May 18, 2021 9:23 pm

No idea .
My daughter has the same expiry date and she has only had 1 jab so far.