No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby olive » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:06 pm

No tourists.?

Big tussle going on. Greeks and Spanish want UK tourists. Germany and France have EU might behind them. Have tourists but have them isolate on arrival. In return the EU would keep the 70 billion recovery fund tap open.

Who would travel to isolate a fortnight on arrival here and then 10 days back in UK? Plus no doubt various tests on each leg…..?

Maybe this is the new new normal. Very little international travel.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi elusive, thanks for the link to El Pais, fortunately we have had two jabs and printed and soft copy certificates to demonstrate it.

Only two texts from Brittany Ferries so far today, the first telling us that onboard Wi-Fi is playing up and they are working to fix it; the second was the "we're welcoming you aboard" one with a link to check that we've got the right documentation.

The new restrictions announced by Sanchez, make me doubt that BF will restart their Bilbao operations on 19 July as previously planned, so getting back to UK may be a problem. They'll tell us a few days before sailing.... :lol:

I won't believe we're coming until we're sailing down the Solent tomorrow morning.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm

zanuck wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
I won't believe we're coming until we're sailing down the Solent tomorrow morning.
When you are out of the port and driving down the road in Spain is when you will know for sure. A lot can happen in 24 hours at sea. I have been refused entry twice this year.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:54 pm

elusive wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:53 am https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... nated.html

Spain will require a pcr test or for the traveller to be fully vaccinated from Thursday

If the Angela luftwaffe gets her way we will never go to the EU again. She has Macron behind her but all the Med countries against. Do they need a majority or is it still possible for 1 country to exercise their veto.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:59 pm

The problem isn't the Uk and the fact that the Delta varient has spread around the country, people are not dying in big numbers, infact people are dying more from other problems.The real problem is that the EU were slow to order the vaccines and now Spain and Greece who need and depend on tourism are being preasurised by the establishment who failed them in the first instance.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:46 pm

Should be quite a few able to travel as over 61% have now had both vaccines. Depends on the cut off age for kids. I know a few people who have given up and made alternative arrangements. We are supposed to be spending my birthday with Daughter in Paris but I am not holding my breath.
Agree Pamela. A lot of the positive results( not cases) are coming through weekly testing in schools etc.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Uk are doing the most testing and publishing the true results? I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot unless the UK are lying about figures to make sure we all spend our money in the UK this year. Definitely an hidden agenda with Merkel and Co.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:50 pm

I came over last week, an easy process and no problems at Malaga airport, all efficient...but passenger numbers were low. I'm double jabbed, just hope it's simple for future trips. When you are older you wonder how many healthy years left to enjoy yourself and for the young uns this could steal a big percentage of their youth . The wealthy and privileged seem to travel with impunity.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:21 pm

zanuck wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm Hi elusive, thanks for the link to El Pais, fortunately we have had two jabs and printed and soft copy certificates to demonstrate it.

Only two texts from Brittany Ferries so far today, the first telling us that onboard Wi-Fi is playing up and they are working to fix it; the second was the "we're welcoming you aboard" one with a link to check that we've got the right documentation.

The new restrictions announced by Sanchez, make me doubt that BF will restart their Bilbao operations on 19 July as previously planned, so getting back to UK may be a problem. They'll tell us a few days before sailing.... :lol:

Buena suerte!. Fingers crossed for you both x

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:57 pm

Benal Pirate wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:50 pm I came over last week, an easy process and no problems at Malaga airport, all efficient...but passenger numbers were low. I'm double jabbed, just hope it's simple for future trips. When you are older you wonder how many healthy years left to enjoy yourself and for the young uns this could steal a big percentage of their youth . The wealthy and privileged seem to travel with impunity.
Yes good points.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:31 pm

We are all getting old at the same rate but it feels a lot quicker as you get older. Last year I was 40. Now I am 60.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:52 pm

Malta now says it will not accept the NHS app for proof of vaccines, now has to be paper copy. Will other Countries follow....maybe best to get an order in.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Just download it from the NHS app and print it off.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Absolutely no use for us who live in Spain!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:18 pm

I dont think that is good enough for Malta Pamela. They want it on official doctors headed paper. Seems a bizarre thing to ask for when the app is absolutely up to date.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Ah ok pepe jose, so it's a pain in the butt then if people have to get it on official doctors headed paper.If there was some kind of guarentee that vaccinated people could no longer get covid or pass it on then i'd understand all the extra fuss but to me it's a farce.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summe

Postby katy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:50 pm

We got ours just call 119. Not sure a print off will do :think: i requested it because I do not want to load the App. Has bar code and some of it is in green. Doctors ones are not acceptable.