No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby katy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:51 am

Agree. Look at the scenes yesterday in London when fans paid no attention to rules. Either scrap restrictions or do it properly like Australia and NZ.
Just a thought, should UEFA etc actually be asking for concessions and exemptions?

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Easyjet are puting on domestic flights that they haven't done for years eg Liverpool to Bournemouth. They obviously think people will be staying at home.
Pamela1, same thing happened to me with the the Ryanair change of flights. I was getting charged for seats and bags which I had paid for. Went on to their Live Chat, massive queue, but I persevered. A very nice chap sorted it out for me.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:42 am

maureenscot wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 pm Easyjet are puting on domestic flights that they haven't done for years eg Liverpool to Bournemouth. They obviously think people will be staying at home.
Pamela1, same thing happened to me with the the Ryanair change of flights. I was getting charged for seats and bags which I had paid for. Went on to their Live Chat, massive queue, but I persevered. A very nice chap sorted it out for me.
Thinking back to my working days in UK. You had to book your holidays to avoid other people at work going on hols. Having booked your two weeks, the next job was to book where you were going. A lot of folk will have given up on the idea of a foreign holiday and booked something in the UK.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:46 am

Returned to UK Friday afternoon. For passport control had to show covid test, passenger locator form and covid 2 and 8 test order form. Saturday I received a call from NHS test and trace. Terrible line, poor accent, I had to keep asking him to repeat. My partner had the call one hour later, couldn't work out what the guy was saying and the guy said he would call back. He didn't but 2 hours later she had a knock on the door and it was a guy from NHS test and trace "needing" to see her identification. This morning she had the same call with the same spiel. I've just had the call, couldn't be bothered answering it. Waiting for the flashing blue light.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm

I think you are so right about that Olive, i was lucky to never have had a job where i had to book my holidays in at the beginning of the company holiday year, i could book them as and when and as long as they were not already taken. These days i know many people who have to book in their holiday entitlement for the whole year. Changing from amber to green will only benefit those people whose holidays fall during the remainder of this summer but they may have already booked a Uk hol. Retired people without ties may take advantage, having said that many retired are still scared to death even with 2 jabs. The planes are empty, my sister changed her travel dates and she had the pick of seats, the plane to Malaga near the end of August had only 3 seats taken, i wonder if it even takes off. :mrgreen:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:10 pm

gruff wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:46 am Returned to UK Friday afternoon. For passport control had to show covid test, passenger locator form and covid 2 and 8 test order form. Saturday I received a call from NHS test and trace. Terrible line, poor accent, I had to keep asking him to repeat. My partner had the call one hour later, couldn't work out what the guy was saying and the guy said he would call back. He didn't but 2 hours later she had a knock on the door and it was a guy from NHS test and trace "needing" to see her identification. This morning she had the same call with the same spiel. I've just had the call, couldn't be bothered answering it. Waiting for the flashing blue light.
The gestapo will be around Gruff to take you away. :lolno: :lolno:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:10 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm I think you are so right about that Olive, i was lucky to never have had a job where i had to book my holidays in at the beginning of the company holiday year, i could book them as and when and as long as they were not already taken. These days i know many people who have to book in their holiday entitlement for the whole year. Changing from amber to green will only benefit those people whose holidays fall during the remainder of this summer but they may have already booked a Uk hol. Retired people without ties may take advantage, having said that many retired are still scared to death even with 2 jabs. The planes are empty, my sister changed her travel dates and she had the pick of seats, the plane to Malaga near the end of August had only 3 seats taken, i wonder if it even takes off. :mrgreen:

A plane showing only 3 seats taken doesn't mean that only 3 tickets have been sold though. Additionally the airlines have transferred capacity to where there are Covid passports and no restrictions. I just booked flights from Spain to Copenhagen and Gdansk in August as airlines now have more flights than normal.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:52 am

Not everyone pays for seats and books them in advance I don't think. Is it still the case that you can opt out of paying for a seat and just get a random one given to you when you check in online? Certainly the Vueling website makes it look like it's half empty when we book our seats but they are nearly always pretty full when we get on.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 am

True, but 3 booked seats is a big indication of how busy the flight isn't. In normal times how often would you see a flight with 3 booked seats during August...Many people do book seats and i must admit when i booked our seats i chose part of the plane which appeared empty, never crossed my mind to do that before but we are travelling to see FIL who isn't at his best so we will do our best to avoid contact with anyone.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 pm

You can move seats if there's plenty of empty ones. You may find others come and sit by you if there are a lot of unoccupied ones! We have moved to an empty row once the doors have shut so we get the three seats to ourselves, and people are often swopping places on our Vueling flights.
Last edited by Wicksey on Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 pm

On our Ryanair flight to Malaga we had booked two aisle seats but found a family had booked the seats around us. When the flight was under way we moved to a spare row, the head stewardess rebuked us.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 pm

I checked in yesterday so as not to pay for a seat. Message on screen saying avoid middle seat and pay for a seat. I had a full row to myself today. 40 ish people on our flight. Ryanair have moved checkin to 24 hours before departure if you want random allocation.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm

gruff wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 pm On our Ryanair flight to Malaga we had booked two aisle seats but found a family had booked the seats around us. When the flight was under way we moved to a spare row, the head stewardess rebuked us.
I started to fill in the Spanish passenger locator form and they ask for your seat number, however I would presume that no matter where you sit the whole passenger list would be contacted if there was a positive case.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:30 am

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 pm
gruff wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 pm On our Ryanair flight to Malaga we had booked two aisle seats but found a family had booked the seats around us. When the flight was under way we moved to a spare row, the head stewardess rebuked us.
I started to fill in the Spanish passenger locator form and they ask for your seat number, however I would presume that no matter where you sit the whole passenger list would be contacted if there was a positive case.
I wanted random seat as plane was 25% full so no need to pay for seat. I filled in locator for Spain to UK and they ask for your seat or you can leave it blank if it is not relevant. On the way out on Spanish locator I made up a seat number that I could see was empty as again not a full flight. I think everyone on the flight would be contacted if a passenger was positive on arrival.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:45 pm

I would be very surprised if the whole plane is contacted. The WHO has a recommendation of two rows either side of the passenger for all communicable diseases.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:45 pm I would be very surprised if the whole plane is contacted. The WHO has a recommendation of two rows either side of the passenger for all communicable diseases.
I think with covid it would be the whole flight. People all bunched up getting on and off so 2 rows is pointless.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Covid is a communicable disease just like the others that the guideline apply to. So why would it be treated differently? Additionally if seats didn't make any difference to who was contacted then why bother recording seat numbers?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:40 pm Covid is a communicable disease just like the others that the guideline apply to. So why would it be treated differently? Additionally if seats didn't make any difference to who was contacted then why bother recording seat numbers?
Many seat numbers are just made up for the locator form and don't actually reflect where you sat on the flight. Also on half empty flights people move seats to get space.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm

When I filled out the relocator form for UK it wouldn’t let me proceed until I filled in the seat no. Suppose you could make it up though.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:31 pm

pepe jose wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:36 pm
Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:45 pm I would be very surprised if the whole plane is contacted. The WHO has a recommendation of two rows either side of the passenger for all communicable diseases.
I think with covid it would be the whole flight. People all bunched up getting on and off so 2 rows is pointless.
True, also countries can do what they want. It was the whole flight when Brother flew to New Zealand.