No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:34 pm

It doesn’t

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:26 pm

No. According the World Health Organisation, the United States Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and even the pharmaceutical companies themselves it does not give any immunity or prevent transmission. This prompts question over whether it is even a vaccine rather than experimental gene therapy using synthetic mRNA.

This is likely to be challenged through the US legal system which gives immunity from prosecution to pharmaceutical companies for death or injury caused by vaccines. If it is proven not to be a vaccine there is no immunity from prosecution and renders the whole concept of 'immunity passports' null and void.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

And there was me thinking the vaccine :

Reduced the severity of the disease if you caught it
And
Reduced the aerosol content i.e. less germs in a cough

So I am guessing the top brass think vaccinated people can travel and create less problems.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:52 am

Yes, as I have said in other posts, it is claimed to help alleviate the symptoms but perhaps the solution lies within our own country:

https://english.elpais.com/science_tech ... tment.html

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 pm

Ryanair are sounding very optimistic re. summer holidays. They would though wouldn't they, will be hoping to get in some cash.
I have just booked France, Spain and Antigua (not all at the same time ha ha) It is the last day of the BA sale and I had vouchers from cancellations. Prices are good for hotels too. The one we go to in Antigua only has 29 rooms and has a private beach and fills up quickly, price is a £1000 less than last year. Not very optimistic though, the world will prolong it as long as they can.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... id-19.html

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:18 am

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp

what the ?!?!!?

so people will have to have one test less than 72 hours before, and 2 tests back in the uk ?!?!?! ?

imagine the costs for a family of four !!

I think they are trying to destroy tourism completely
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 am

They are clueless. What they are doing is allowing travel but making it too expensive for normal a family

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:34 am

Im sure rich conservative voters/supporters can afford it :silent:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:02 am

As with almost everything, if you can afford to pay you can usually avoid anything you don't like.

Case in point here in Spain buy yourself a sports federation membership and you can go where you like. Get a car with blue number plates. Get a business registered at the address of your second home.

If you have the money to do the above you can basically move freely within Spain.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 am

What are other countries doing?

I think you will find they have been doing this for ages. New Zealand and Australia for example. Arrivals have to foot the cost. Seems reasonable to me. China did it very early on while the rest of the world allowed widespread travel with no restrictions.

Yet another issue where the politicians are damned if they do and damned if they don’t

Vaccine passports ( specifically Common Pass in Europe) seems to have died a death. Maybe it was just a tool to help with getting people on board and normalising the concept of vaccination.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:08 am

TUI claims that 2.8 million have already booked a summer holiday. Suppose they have voted Conservative :roll: Meanwhile celebrity Labour luvvies travel the world “working” then come back for a photo shoot helping a charity.

Seriously I doubt there will be holidays for us this year but best to book as if restrictions ease there will be a stampede for flights, people have a cash surplus, nothing to spend their money on.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:07 pm

olive wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 am What are other countries doing?

I think you will find they have been doing this for ages. New Zealand and Australia for example. Arrivals have to foot the cost. Seems reasonable to me. China did it very early on while the rest of the world allowed widespread travel with no restrictions.

Yet another issue where the politicians are damned if they do and damned if they don’t

Vaccine passports ( specifically Common Pass in Europe) seems to have died a death. Maybe it was just a tool to help with getting people on board and normalising the concept of vaccination.
Horse and bolted comes to mind. 1,750 for ten nights. Do you get to stay at the Dorchester :shifty:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:51 pm

No a holiday inn express with airline type food put outside your door 3 times a day. They recommend Yoga to stop you getting deep vain thrombosis.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:10 pm

In Singapore the hotels are pot luck

You can get 'lucky' and get 5 star experience or unlucky and get the 1 star experience. You only find out which hotel after you land.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:39 pm

costakid wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:51 pm
elusive wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:07 pm
olive wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 am What are other countries doing?

Horse and bolted comes to mind. 1,750 for ten nights. Do you get to stay at the Dorchester :shifty:
No a holiday inn express with airline type food put outside your door 3 times a day. They recommend Yoga to stop you getting deep vain thrombosis.
Unless you come by boat. Free stay at the Crowne Plaza, all meals and spending money. Friendly Guards allow you to wander to local shops.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Well at least its not a travel lodge and their PAYG wifi :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:

I spoke to soon. A friend from scotland says they are using them there! Her mother has terminal cancer and she will now have to pay over 3k to see her while she can.!!
Last edited by elusive on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:08 pm

If your travel is essential, then it is all worth the pain.

No one has mentioned that it is a stay with minimal alcohol too. I dare say you could bribe the guards.

Eleven months too late IMO.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:35 pm

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_ ... ector.html

Looks like Common Pass is still on the table.

Dominic Lopecas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dominic Lopecas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:03 pm

Spanish tourism industry would never be the same some areas will not recover after the Coronavirus pandemic;
1. None EU and EU residents find unacceptable Bank charges.
2. The Utilities cost are well out of proportions with the rest of EU
3. Direct taxes for a pensioner aren't in lane with the rest of Europe, as most of EXPAT leaving in Spain do have to declare all income and the majority that the do have a annual income over €12000. do get a massive tax-bill of 20% of their income from Agencia Tributaria.
At this moment in time most EXPAT that I have deal with are contemplating leaving Spain for ever, but large majority are set into a negative equity as the property has collapsed.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:09 pm

3rd country ban extended until the end of may