No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby katy » Fri May 28, 2021 11:45 am

Claims in the news today that only a fifth of people are planning a foreign holiday this year. Not surprised seeing as we do not know from one day to the next. I have requested vaccination certificates in the post as didn’t want to install the NHS app. Maybe a safeguard for anyone planning a trip. Dialled119 and only took a couple of minutes, said they will take 5 days. Of course no guarantee that other countries will accept them, or the app. A few of us have had a bet as to which country will be next to ban us.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri May 28, 2021 11:49 am

Katy you must stop confusing the "Mail Online" as News!! :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Well it "could" be true, :D A couple I know who normally have at least 3 foreign holidays per year have booked a week in Lincoln :wtf: I am sure a day would have been enough. Some youngish neighbours are spending 4 days in Bath. Friends with a property in Cadiz have just had to cancel as they were driving through France.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun May 30, 2021 7:23 am

Funny, pictures of Porto (northern portugal) are circulating online showing it packed with tourists.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 am

Nothing to do with the Champion's League final there last night :think:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Ryanair are promising that they will not charge an admin fee if people need to change their flight dates, however they are making up for it with other charges.A friend went to change her flight, the fare price was actually less than her original booking so she didn't have to pay any fare difference, good she thought. However they wanted to charge her more money for bags which were already paid for and also more for the reserved seat numbers, the charges added up to £190 for both her and her husband.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon May 31, 2021 10:38 am

Wicksey wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 am Nothing to do with the Champion's League final there last night :think:

Probably - i dont follow football, do people go just for a day to watch football?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 31, 2021 11:01 am

spanish_lad wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:38 am
Wicksey wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:15 am Nothing to do with the Champion's League final there last night :think:
Probably - i dont follow football, do people go just for a day to watch football?
:lol: The Chelsea and Man City fans started arriving during the week at Porto. Being on the Green List they were able to travel. It was due to be held in Turkey but eventually was changed to Portugal, (although we thought it should have been held in Wembley), but UEFA wanted all their sponsors etc to be able to attend from other EU countries so the fans all had to travel to Portugal :roll: So it was quite a holiday experience and Porto were pleased to have some income I think.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 31, 2021 11:37 am

I have just spent the weekend in Madrid. Very warm weather and full of people. Pavement cafes were full from early and some bars were still serving after 11:30 pm. I had been told that mask wearing is lax but I didn't see any difference to Bilbao and most people were wearing them.

I watched the match in the hotel to avoid busy bars and went out for a walk after. The hotel was in Sol and getting back around an hour later, there were still loads of people and street artists in the plaza.

The roads out on Saturday morning in in Sunday evening were very busy with people who I suppose were heading to their weekend houses.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon May 31, 2021 11:53 am

According to some press reports Benidorm is awash with Brits !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 31, 2021 12:56 pm

I was going to ask if anyone had noticed an increase in tourists around Malaga province. I suppose most can afford the high costs of tests to return as we have been locked down for 4 months and nothing to spend our money on.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 31, 2021 1:19 pm

Still pretty quiet on Torrox Costa. I've been down for meals over the past few weeks, and it's gone from us being the only ones in the restaurant and the paseo deserted, to being a little busier. Seemed to be mainly Spanish around last Friday, but still pretty dead for late May and we were the only ones in our restaurant at 2pm.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon May 31, 2021 2:03 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:38 am

Games like that they do as the hotel prices go up by 100 x .two cousins did day drips for spurs and now with man city for the champions league final due to cost

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:21 pm

https://boe.es/boe/dias/2021/06/05/

BoE is out...BoE 9352

People who are fully vaccinated 14 days in advance don't need any test or quarantine etc....just fill out the passenger locator form.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:19 pm

Wouldn’t like to be in this crowd in Mallorca.

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.ampprojec ... strictions

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 am

Minister said they are looking at considering allowing fully vaccinated people to travel in from amber countries without having to quarantine, could be operational by the start of the Summer break...Fingers crossed .....I think hopeless Hancock is feeling the heat and will say yes to anything right now if it draws attention away from himself. :lol: :lol: The pressure has been building from their own MP's and airlines regarding the shambles traffic light system and the lack of clarity. It will be interesting to see what suffices, they either mean business or it's just a scheming underhanded plot to entice people to come forward to be vaccinated while they play for time to then say " after considering the options and the data we don't think its the right time to make any changes.* :roll: I hope they mean business and people can book flights with the confidence that they won't have to self isolate upon returning.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 am

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:43 am Minister said they are looking at considering allowing fully vaccinated people to travel in from amber countries without having to quarantine, could be operational by the start of the Summer break...Fingers crossed .....I think hopeless Hancock is feeling the heat and will say yes to anything right now if it draws attention away from himself. :lol: :lol: The pressure has been building from their own MP's and airlines regarding the shambles traffic light system and the lack of clarity. It will be interesting to see what suffices, they either mean business or it's just a scheming underhanded plot to entice people to come forward to be vaccinated while they play for time to then say " after considering the options and the data we don't think its the right time to make any changes.* :roll: I hope they mean business and people can book flights with the confidence that they won't have to self isolate upon returning.
Being an old cynic I personally feel it's most certainly what you suggest it could be, just another desperate ploy to try to get more vaccines into arms, especially in the 18 - 40 age group

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:49 pm

Like you first tango, I have become an old cynic, the more I see the snake's belly tactics this government employ. I have another theory though for this reported relaxation in quarantine/self isolation rules. EUFA have been lobbying for a while for the UK to suspend the 10 day isolation requirement for the knock out stages of this year's Euros, so that fans from European countries involved in the final stages of the competition can fly in for the games easily.
I would love to think if the relaxation reports are true, the reason would be to simplify and reduce the onerous burden on UK citizens, but I doubt it, that would be the last thing to bother our current leader. Much more likely that he would feel it gives him some negotiation clout with the EU.

Parilla

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:28 am

I see your point about the Euro 2020 football Parilla, sky news are reporting that the government have hinted that VIP's could get covid quarantine rules exemption for the Wembley final, around 2,500 people, while people resident in the Uk arriving from an amber list country have to self isolate.They have reported that there will be 45,000 people at the final.They make and bend their rules to suit their own agenda as they have kept doing all along. :roll:

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 am

So allow 2500 in from all over europe but your own tax paying citizens must quarantine on arrival home. Totally ridiculous and I do not think the government could enforce quarantine on UK citizens if this is allowed happen. Can you have 1 law for 1 and not apply it to others?